main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Fett's entire undersuit is fire-resistant, so him burning his own cape is not a big deal. Fett also has no issue with dark, he has multi-spectrum vision Predator style so if it's dark he can simply switch to night-vision or heat vision or infra-red vision. His armour would withstand him firing his missile inside a small space and his deployable gaunlet blades would cut him free fron any restraints the Sarlacc can use to bind him down.

Not to mention, if reception was good enough, he could summon Slave I remotely to blast the **** out of the Sarlacc from outside.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Does the helmet get 4G? Sirius XM?

3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    And this, my friends, is what I mean by "glorified fan fiction." Fire resistant, multi-spectrum vision, missle-proof armor - does none of this sound ridiculous to you?

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    As far as I know, most of it comes from Complete Visual Guide- which as I recall avoids EU info and focuses on the movies.

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well it's not quite as bad a "Chalmum's Spaceport Cantina," or Tantive IV in ROTS being retconned as another ship called "Sundered Heart." :rolleyes:

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    No, it's sci-fi

And as said, that is from the Visual Guide/Dictionary which are official movie companions

Fett's armour isn't even that tough, real Mandalorians had armour forged of Mandalorian Iron (Beskar) which was almost totally indestructible. Even lightsabers couldn't cut through that stuff, Boba doesn't have armour like that, his is made of Durasteel

TreborSabreon and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Lightsabers can cut it- but very slowly- just taking a swipe at it will leave a gouge but not cut through.

I think it was Dark Empire that first characterized Mandalorian Iron as something Jedi actually have to worry about- by having Palpatine's Dungeon Ships, for transporting captured Jedi, made from the stuff.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow. What if the Boba spin off was set before his, um... "disappearance" in RotJ?

9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I'd like to see a Boba movie like "Boba Fett: Year One." Where he begins following in headless dad's footsteps.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The TCW series seems to be trying that- or nearest equivalent.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    All I learned about Boba from TCW is that he's very bad at blowing-up Mace Windu

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, and he's got emotional baggage about his "clone brothers," as well as mommy issues with Aurra Sing.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He does start a bounty hunting career in season 4, working with Ventress.

Who manages to have more of a conscience than him.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I care not for Boba with a conscience, it stops him from shooting people in the face.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I can't believe it, but I'm starting to see Boba Fett movie ideas.

I'm sure most of it has to do with my desire to see Mandalore and it's Picasso-Cubist-Guernica coolness is sparkling 60 frames per second. But just the same, Daniel Logan is 25 now, so he's in the perfect age range to play Boba Fett. And the "Year One" idea I like. The lack of conscience I like. And I don't know why, but I'm getting a Jean Leno in The Professional vibe going (which of course a young Natalie Portman was also in... ).

Yeah, I can suddenly see this now.

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    YMMV, but, to be honest, in a franchise full of telekenesis using, plasma blade wielding mystics, no, not in the least. And Jedi are, of course, just the tip of the iceberg. These fantastic, magical powers and technologies are a big part of the fun for a lot of us, no?

Also, it occurs to me that the technologies you quoted either exist now or someday will within our own world and I think the idea of a well-trained man taking advantage of the latest military-grade tech sounds less rediculous than the idea of the Jedi as a concept. Now, that's not meant as a slight against the Jedi. I'm the biggest fan of the Order in the known world, but it seems to me that the non-Force sensitive folks who make due with what they can are probably at least a little more realistic than the Jedi they are striving to keep up with.

It's a fun discussion, though.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Please say your not the one asking for the sock

18. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    This is completely right. Plus, we've seen someone survive getting sliced in half with a lightsaber and falling down a shaft. All we saw was Fett falling into a creature.

19. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    ....and yet people still can't accept the possibility of the Emperor surviving being thrown off a balcony.

20. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    That's cuz he 'sploded.

Fett didn't have any in-depth characterization because he was never intended to be a round character, just a plot-pushing supporting character.
    He went out like a b**** in ROTJ because Lucas didn't know how popular he was when doing the story treatment.

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If they were making a Boba Fett movie, it would have to feature some elements we are all familiar with.
    Temura Morrison needs to portray Boba Fett. Jabba the Hutt and Bib Furtuna need to make an appearance.
    Even Bossk, Zuckuss, 4-LOM or IG-88 could make an appearance as well.
    Planets such as Tatooine and possibly Coruscant have to appear. Wouldn't it be nice to see Imperial propaganda on the walls?
    A hologramic representation of Palpatine?

Apart from all that, I want the story to be about a bounty hunter tracking a bounty. Just a simple story with a few plot twists.
    It does not need to be a story about 'saving the Galaxy'...

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I thought he knew at the time but was Lucas way of saying look guys he's not important. Which is always gonna be an issue with Fett, Give him his own film/TV show whatever he will still die the Stawars equivalent of Redshirt death

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Unless he appears in the ST, which is still possible.
    Though unlikely.

24. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Sorry bout this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All real world stuff...

Anywho, if the film takes place before ROTJ then all of this is moot. We can have a Fett film set any time between ROTS and ROTJ.

In the Ewan McGregor thread there is discusion on how cool it would be if Vader hired Fett to find Obi wan. That sounds like a cool film to me. Obviously set before ANH, see a little of Luke growing up, etc.

I like it!

25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The only problem is Boba cannot track Obi-Wan to Tatooine (at least not while working for the Empire).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.