main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Witcher Series (PC RPG of the Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    White Myrtle Petals, Green Mold, Wolf's Aloe. All can be bought or scavenged in the area, I believe.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Sounds about right. CD Projekt really schooled BioWare when it comes to branching choice in RPGs, not to mention being able to create a densely populated world full of eye-popping graphics and textures.

It's not perfect though, no game is. I've had a few annoying bugs causing me to reload the game, but nothing too game breaking... so far.

Cheesy picture of the week:

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/5761001657_48512df4b2_o.jpg]

And now I remember who Roche reminds me of:

[image=http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj75/MedievalSam/photos/DSCF0069.jpg]

They guy standing behind Richard "Kingmaker" Neville at Warwick Castle. [face_thinking]

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    apparently patch 2.1 removes ALL DRM from every version of the game that had it. very classy CD Projekt Red.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    zac: I see you've still got that tattoo. :p

Darth_Zandalor: that's a bit awesome. :D

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    No, I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. It's actually kinda funny. :p

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is anyone going to get the console versions when they come out? I did a quick search and found out that the first game, renamed 'Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf' has been put on hold (old news, apparently), but Witcher 2 is still on schedule for release later this year on 360 and PS3.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    My laptop can barely handle the game. Thankfully, even on low settings The Witcher 2 is eyegasmic.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock 'n bump

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is being released in April for the 360 in two editions. The Enhanced Edition has the game, the soundtrack, the map, the quest guide, and the manual. The Dark Edition has all that plus a making of DVD, stickers, medallion on a chain, an art book, and a special box. Details can be found here at the official site. There are links going up where the editions can be preordered from.

Edit: The Enhanced Edition is also being released for the PC as well, but those who already have the game will get the update for free.

11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Stickers? What are we 5? :p

Curious to see how it'll look on the 360. I never finished it on PC due to various issues, so I might be tempted to pick it up again if it looks and runs well.

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I've seen it in action and it's glorious. And to think that it's only running on a PC's medium settings. :eek:

I'm super excited for this. I love fantasy RPGs. I'm currently hooked on the hard as nails Dark Souls, and I'm absolutely potty about Dragon Age. And despite looking a million times more brutal I have to say that The Witcher 2 looks like my kind of game. I'd have it on pre-order already, but it's still not available yet in the UK. :(

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hey! Stickers are awesome and you know it! :p

Yeah, I'm with Chewgumma on this. I'll be giving it a few days before I check again, but I am very excited about this.

14. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I probably would have liked Witcher more than DA if it had custom characters... but it doesn't, so it feels more like an action game to me. Still a bloody good action game though.

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I rather liked it more for the lack of custom characters. Nice to actually be playing a person, for once.

16. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    In the middle of my second PC runthrough at the moment (running a shade or three under "Ultra" settings...yes, I need to update my rig slightly), and I'll still be purchasing the limited edition Xbox 360 version in April. Two reasons: (A) for the Achievements, and (B) to give CD Projekt Red another retail sale. It's an investment in the continued health and well-being of a great studio.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Seeing that Skyrim has turned me away (possibly forever) from the shooter scene to the RPG crowd, I'm gonna give this one a try as well, especially after reading all the gushing praise the PC version (which I'm sure my PC would laugh at upon reading its system requirements) has got so far.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I knew I forgot to say something yesterday. :p I have the collectors set on pre-order too! :D

20. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The first CD Projekt Developer Diary, detailing the updates made to the game for the Xbox 360:

http://kotaku.com/5882035/the-witcher-2-dev-diary-might-answer-your-questions-about-the-xbox-version

This looks amazing, even though I've played through it quite a bit already. I've decided to halt my second runthrough on PC just so I can start my first 360 playthrough relatively fresh and "recharged," come April. The new stuff they're adding in is incredible -- at this point, CD Projekt Red could release a 60-hour-long quicktime-event game consisting of nothing but Hitler taking a dump, and I'd gladly shell out full price for the Limited Collector's Edition.

Speaking of which, the "Dark Edition" for Xbox 360 is, in fact, $99, not $79. So...heads up.

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announced.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've been reading stuff about the next Witch game. I love that they say it'll take 40 minutes to get from one side of the map to the other on horseback! Witcher 2 is a great game, so I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out. It'll be curious to see how it matches up with Cyberpunk 2077 though.

23. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Cyberpunk and Witcher 3! I can't wait [face_dancing]

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm in the early stages of the first Witcher. Having a great time so far, I need to hurry up and finish these two so I can read the GI article and be ready for Wild Hunt. :p

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You'll be waiting a while, at least two years for Cyberpunk. Maybe closer to three.