main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How long was the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 6, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Hmm, a Second Clone War, an interesting idea...
    When does the Second Clone War take place (in your opinion)?
    What would it be about?

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The Second Clone War will be when they reveal that throughout the First Clone War there had been numerous key personnel cloned in order to avoid listing them as KIA and damaging morale.

"Do not listen to the Separatist rumours: General Piell did not die on Lola Sayu."
    *Eveen Pieell steps out from the shadows*
    "Here is your proof of these Separatist lies! General Pieell remains with us!"

Order 66 actually ended the Second Clone War by informing the troopers that their generals had been replaced by imposters.

3. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Actually I always assumed the 2nd Clone War to have taken place after Order 66, with a whole clone generation suddenly deteriorating into madness... but Zor's theory is nice too :)

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Oh god, please, there's only one war. [face_hypnotized]

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm surprised no-one's got around to suggesting that the thread title should be "How long were the Clone Wars" ;)

6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    oh yes please! this this this!!!

evil Jedi intended to clone the Chancellor too to replace him...

though maybe the second clone war began with Order 66 as the military split in two with some clones believing in the Jedi, others not... thus we got clones vs. clones with Mandalorians being ordered in against the Jedi by Palpatine... the Jedi Purge being the second Clone War with mandalorian prison ships as we've seen in Dark Empire. so we can combine all loose ends into the second clone war: Jedi Purge + evil clones + Zor idea + separatist/loyalist holdouts / early protorebellions put down = 2nd Clone War with no clear bad guy, no sith controlling both sides... more chaotic and devastating than the first clone war could ever have been! it is madness, chaos and a galaxy shattered and driven into the security of the empire! with Mandalorians hunting Jedi and leading clones assisted by Mandalorian cloners using spaarti tech as Kaminoans loose control.

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I love how you guys are treating what I said seriously. [face_laugh]

8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  9. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    be careful what you say... in germany's past a philosopher had some ideas.. decades later, someone thought it is wise to build a society on them. what then happened everybody knows. d'oh :p

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    DAMN COMMIES.

11. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    It could not be ten years, that is too long.

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    What good is G-Canon anyways nowadays...

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Three years. From 22 BBY to 19 BBY.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

I find the responses to my comment in this thread disturbing.

DON'T fail me again, Lit.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  15. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Meh, it's inevitable there will be too much to fit into this era. Just as there will always be too much to fit between ANH and ESB even if we stretched that gap to twenty years. It just took this long to become apparent because the OT had the head start.

16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    This makes me think of a popular comic book we have here in Belgium, which is titled Les Tuniques bleues ("The Bluecoats"), which is set during the American Civil War. As of 2013, there are no less than 56 books in the series, and yet the American Civil War only lasted from 1861 to 1865. :D

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    About 40 years and encounting...

18. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Clone Wars did last three years, that pretty clear, they began somewhere in 22 BBY and ended at roughly the same part of the year in 19 BBY.

But there's an inconsistency with the Great Hyperspace War. Old canon mentioned it lasting 10 years, from 5000 to 4990 BBY, later it was retconed to less than one year in 5000 BBY. No guess who made up the 10 years figure, there's nothing in the comic book pointing to it lasting so long.

You mean the evil tyrant Die Fette I. the Evil of Diefetteland to Nehmen, a former pupil from the school I attended to once, too, in Hesse, Germany, near the future Solar capital, who took Antanica of Magaleen's idea of a pure true-hearted galaxy ruled by one enlightened supreme being, perverted it with her own sick plans of subjugating the universe and tried to destroy the Solar Order to make herself dictatorical ruler of planet Earth, which she became for one year, until she was stopped by Antanica of Magaleen and Queen Fiona of the Solar Order, all of this happening in the 22nd and 23rd century?

19. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    We also have an inconsistency with the dating of Battle Of Galidraan: Is it 44 BBY or 34 BBY? According to Open Seasons, it should be 34 BBY. But later sources made it into 44 BBY, which makes little sense.

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    o_O

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Not even getting into the timeline issue, but this always bugs me--it's not the entirety of the four years you mention. Year one is from 22 to 21, year two is from 21-20, year three is 20-19. That being the case, it definitely is easy to stuff in most of a fourth year--if they began in, say, "August" of 22 and ended in "June" of 18 (popularly rounded back to 19).

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    19 BBY has quite a bit of its own to cram in, too. Isn't that still the year of Dark Times and most of the Vader/Purge stuff?

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    That would have fixed a lot of age and timeline problems if they did that from the start.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Eight seasons actually.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Clone Wars also functioned very well as a means of corrupting the galaxy into a war mentality and the promotion of an outlook that would favour an Imperial system. By the time Sidious declares the Empire in ROTS, it's practically already existed for a good while before that.