main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My dreams are always pretty vivid caffeine or not caffeine. Other night I was eaten by a T-rex. x.x; I hate it when that happens... Wonder what I'll dream about his morning.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Though I don't drink it, I do like the Dr. Pepper commercials with various celebrities with "doctor" in their name or title, like Dr. Dre, or Gene Simmons, AKA Dr. Love.

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I still adore the Make 7, up yours! commercials.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Paging Doctor Detroit...

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ah yes, Jingle All The Way. Saw it in theaters with my parents when I was a kid and to this day own it on VHS (although it got mold damage).
    I used to watch it over and over with a friend of mine, we'd make fun of the characters, Jake Lloyd's Jamie especially (we were nine to eleven at the time). Then, a while later, I had found out he'd be playing the role of Anakin Skywalker in the new Star Wars movies and I got pretty jealous of the kid.[face_blush]

In 1999, I went to see my second TPM viewing with said friend. I remember us snickering a bit whenever the scene revolved around Anakin.

I have since matured a lot. I've even been "FB friends" with Jake Lloyd for a couple of years now.
    Though, watching Jingle All The Way with that friend is still kind of an annual holiday tradition.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I hope it's more KoTOR than TOR. But seriously: this could be awesome!

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't drink coffee (stopped drinking it after college), but I usually want some caffeine every day, so diet cola it is (usually Diet Coke or Coke Zero). But I'm with Todd, I'm more of a beer enthusiast. It's the only alcohol I drink now (stopped drinking wine and liquor around the same time I stopped drinking coffee, haha).

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ditto. And, plus one... :)

Garth Maul likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's really cool. Jingle All The Way is one of my favorite Christmas movies and I watch it every year. Its still funny. Still love the part where Arnold about catches his neighbors house on fire and is giving beer to a rain dear. LOL, I do think of Jamie a few times when watch TPM.

11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    they seem to want to set this in The Dark Times, which, while I appreciate for not following another Bioware game, I'm kinda bored with. The Dark Times are turning into the next prequel era glut.

Garth Maul likes this.
  12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I think they do better with mostly unexplored eras.

I've been waiting such a long time for a good SW game. :p

Edit: red wine, craft beer, coffee, Coke Zero.

13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I love coffee, I love many sorts of beer, and I like several sorts of lemonade - but I get sick after drinking wine (and I don't need much to get this far).

14. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    New bed arrived, woohoo! Now to build it...

Sgt Crowfield and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like regular old lemonade, with honey used to sweeten it rather than sugar.

Congrats on the bed. Ikea then? Good think I'm not putting it together. x.x;

Paparazzo likes this.
  16. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    I've never heard of that before, do you make it yourself or buy it from shops?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That just the way my grandmother made it. I tend to make lemonade myself.

I saw 8 bald eagles on the way to work today. 4 pairs.

Garth Maul likes this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Re. the eagles... that's awesome. I love what a successful recovery that species has had.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Baldies are fairly common in FL but I don't normally see so many. Alot of people mistake them for turkey vultures or assume they are vultures in flight. Really they are easy to spot on sunny days when their white heads and tails pretty much glow. The wings are also jet black as to where the vulture has translucent primaries and holds it wings in more of a 'v'.

20. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Tesco Direct *gag*

I think I'll save it till tomorrow. I've had the current one for so long that its deflated (was fabric spread over a wooden frame thing) and the mattress had ruined the bedsheet from where the springs have uncoiled out. Last uncomfortable night.

21. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    How do you do it? Is it a secret recipe? :p

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely. We've got them in Georgia, but I don't really see them much at all here in metro Atlanta. Lots of Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures though. We also see Red-Tailed Hawks pretty often too.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    4-6 lemons, eyeball the water (like 6 cups?) and then eyeball the honey (3/4 cups?). The secret might have been honey I guess if it was supposed to be one.

Red-tailed hawks (hah, Tobias) live here but I don't see them to often. They like more open areas. I mainly see Red-Shouldered Hawks and Ospreys here. Lots of Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures. In the summer months I see lot of Swallow-Tailed Kites. Those are the coolest looking birds and incredibly agile in flight.

[​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
  24. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    How do people mistake them? They look nothing alike! As if I would know - I had to look up what eagles you are talking about...

The only birds of prey(?) I have ever seen are Common Buzzards and Red Kites, but also some owls (even an Eagle-Owl). Speaking of which, this I have found some time ago:

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Both the vulture and the eagle are large dark looking birds if they are really high up in the air.

European raptors, neat. I like birds of prey. The Common Buzzard is pretty equivalent to the Red-Tailed Hawk here. Red Kites are gorgeous looking birds.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dathomir-Witch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.