main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Every time I've gone into the ER with breathing problems, they just give me a breathing treatment and send me home. Haven't been admitted, even though the doctor told me plainly that I had pneumonia. Gave me an inhaler, some antibiotics, and sent me on my way. About a month and a half later, I'm back in with the same problem and I'm sent home after a simple breathing treatment. One year, I lost count of how many chest x-rays I've had.

2. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Dantana, that is scary. Get well soon.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The good news is that I have now verified in person that she is not dead and, in fact, looking a lot better than her picture from yesterday suggested. I have this theory that when a friend is in a hospital one mile away, you should really not claim it's too far to visit, so I bummed a ride from Kateydidnt and we hung out for a couple of hours.

LLL and Iverna like this.
  4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I appreciated the visit a lot.

... The pressure cuff didn't get hooked back up and is still trying to read an invisible arm.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, those silly machines... Glad you're feeling better, though.

And on the subject of doctors... After examining my smashed knee earlier, I wonder if I should see a doctor. It's swollen, bruised all around, tender, and if I press certain spots on my knee cap, it feels crunchy. I can walk on it just fine, though.

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    .... yeah, TrakNar, that sounds like the sort of thing you should see a doctor about! Crunchy is not good. :p

Wow, lots of injuries and illness lately it seems. I have my own to add to the list now - RSI in my right arm. Since that's the arm I use to draw and, y'know, make money, that's Bad News. Nothing for it but to wait it out though. I'm going crazy with ideas for drawings and paintings. I can't even type as much as I want without making it worse. SO annoyed right now.

Hope everyone feels better soon! [:D]

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    As someone who once broke her kneecap (right before I was supposed to do opening night of a play where I had a huge dancing part no less), I shake my finger at you and suggest you check with a doctor, Traknar. Better safe than screaming in agony.

And that blood pressure cuff is funny. Kept doing its thing regardless of having someone to gauge.

8. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    I'm currently finding Nemo--er, um, I mean tracking Nemo on the weather channel. Looks like Boston's gonna get hit bad :(. And I'm crossing my fingers that my cold isn't returning again. But I'll take a blizzard over getting hit by Sandy any day. It's New England; snow I can deal with. Hurricanes and earthquakes? That's not my department [face_not_talking].

Otherwise... good time indoors for me to start writing more on the fic I'm working on. We're bunkered in with shovels ready. If only we could get that darn snowblower to work [face_waiting].

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My kids have their fifth snow day in the last few weeks. They are happy and since I have to drive them to school I was somewhat relieved also. Thankfully, we are not experiencing a blizzard but just horrible driving conditions. Six inches of snow and then freezing rain equal people running off the roads. I hope everybody in the path of Nemo are okay!

Are they going to name blizzards after Disney characters from now on? If so, with Star Wars being sold to Disney, can we expect Blizzard Darth Vader...or worse Blizzard TaunTaun? I can see old New Englander men saying, "I remember that Blizzard Wampa back in '13! That was one wicked storm, but not as bad at that damn Chewbacca storm with 2 meters of snow! It was as cold as a Dathomir witch's teat that winter" (It's too bad that I don't know how to spell out a New Englander's accent. You are just going to have to imagine the accent when you read it).

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Winter Storm Skywalker--curl up inside your favorite tauntaun and get Lando to make you hot chocolate while the Empire makes a nice fire out of the shield generators.

Iverna likes this.
  11. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Ugh, working on the third day straight with a migraine. At least today it isn't as severe, but it's still there.

12. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    "I rememba that Blizzahd Wampa back in '13! That was one wicked storm, but ain't as bad as that damn Chewbacca storm with two metahs of snow!. It was as cold as a Dathoma witch's teat that winter."

We use ain't, wicked, and can't pronounce our R's :cool:.

Alexis_Wingstar and Jedi_Lover like this.
  13. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I. Want. Snow.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I have snow outside my window.

New experience of the day: taking a shower in a little stall with a handheld shower head, while trying not to get tangled in your oxygen lead.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Except for the oxygen lead, that sounds like the shower in our little tourist apartment in Dublin.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Except this stall is half the size of that one! And it isn't in a tub. Makes me miss my glass shower doors.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It can be, if the flu virus itself gets into the lungs(but not a specific one, that is always the case), but there actually aren't any more cases being reported than normal (though that is hard to gauge since it's not a reportable illness). Pneumonia is very common this time of year, like anything that is caused by a virus or bacteria. (It can be caused by either... and a few other things but they are the most common forms of pneumonia.) For most people it's not that dangerous, though it can be quite uncomfortable. For anyone that's immunocompromised, has an underlying respiratory condition and the older population or very young it can be very dangerous.

The thing with a ball or bar that you suck in and try and raise is called an Incentive Spirometer and while it seems really silly, it does a very good job at getting you to breath deep when you don't want to do so... most commonly after a surgery that involves the chest or abdomen. (Not breathing deep can cause a whole host of problems)

They are set to go off on a certain time period, such as every 30 minutes, it doesn't know if something is hooked up to it or not. I'd say the nurse no longer needed them as frequently and just hasn't reset the time limit.

Yep, it's certainly snowing here in New England, though so far it's nothing like what I was used to in WV. When I went out around 5pm we had around 4 inches on the ground and around 8 inches in the drifts and it's not supposed to stop for a while. The power has been flickering a little bit the past few hours due to the winds which are pretty crazy. I really hope we don't loose power!

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So far, no snow here. Instead, it's blowing and my knee has been having spasms this evening. As I lack transportation, going to the doctor isn't an option. I'll just put ice on it and take it easy.

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I don't want snow. I'll very happily settle for rain. At least then, it warms up!

Edit: But then, I'm in Northern California where an inch of snow causes school closures.

20. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I once saw a video of what most Americans classify as blizzards. It was recorded somewhere in New York state. It just about made me pee myself laughing - it was like heavy snow here, but I've gone to school in much worse.

I had really severe pneumonia when I was 6, so whenever I get the flu, people freak out and make me take my temperature every hour. If it goes over 102 they force me to a hospital. I hope everyone that feel sick gets better.

Also, I currently don't like males. We are supposed to be having a surprise birthday party for my best friend tomorrow, granted it was very last minute (we decided this on Wednesday), and her boyfriend said he would talk to her mother about when we could go in and set stuff up at the house, but he has yet to get back to any of us, which is very inconvenient for me since I am sitting in limbo as to where I am sleeping tomorrow night, let alone if I can even get a ride.

If I ever get a boyfriend, someone please slap me.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    When I had the swine flu, my temperature was 103.6 for three full days. I mostly slept. Felt utterly awful. Damn those Gamorreans and their flu! :p

As for the weather, still no snow here. Lots of wind, but no snow. I demand snow!

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    What's the past tense of 'pigs fly'? Swine flu!!! HAHAHAHAH! :p

All I can remember from having H1N1 (besides that bad joke) was being extremely dehydrated and having a horrible sore throat. It went through my school kinda at the end of the "it's going to kill us all!!" stage.

I can get you snow if you require it. I need to take some pictures of the 10 metre high snow banks here and post them..

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If only the wind would blow some of that snow my way...

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    If I could, I would.

I really hate it when it get roped into stuff like this, it wasn't my idea to do this surprise party so I really don't want to step over the line and organize it all (or postpone it), but it's obviously not being planned - and only 1 other person besides the 2 people that roped me into this is going to come, BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHERE OR WHEN IT'S GOING TO BE. It was my job to invite people (which was rather hard since the time and place has yet to be set) and to set up the Skype call so that her friends across the world can say hi (which was also difficult since I had to guess the probable time it's going to be). It's really aggravating me and if I don't find out the plan by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to assume it was canceled without anyone letting me know. Anyways, sorry for the rant. I needed to get it out.

25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have only planned one surprise party in my life. It was a Grad School graduation party for my husband. I was going to get him to the Officer's club under the pretense of going to dinner with another couple. The day before he asks me to reschedule the dinner because he had forgot about the dinner and he had promised some friend to help him with some project or something stupid like that. Anyway, I am usually somewhat accommodating to requests like that, but I freaked because dozens of people were coming to this surprise party. I was like, "No way! You promised to go to this dinner and you are not backing out, Mister!"

You should have seen the look on his face. He was totally confused. Right then he knew I was up to something. So for the rest of the day he kept making up bogus excuses for not going to this dinner. "My friend is in the hospital dying...he wants me to come see him tomorrow before he dies...can you reschedule the dinner?"

"No, damn it!"

Jerk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.