main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is that you brother? The best season 4 episode poll!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 7, 2013.

?

Which season 4 episode is your favorite? Isn't it sinister how Lux didn't make this poll bro? ;.;

1. Darkness on Umbara

5.7%
  2. Carnage of Krell

34.3%
  3. Slaves of the Republic

1.4%
  4. Escape from Kadavo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Friends and Enemy

8.6%
  6. Crisis on Naboo

4.3%
  7. Massacre

10.0%
  8. Bounty

12.9%
  9. Revenge

18.6%
  10. Other

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think it's a toss up between Carnage of Krell or Bounty for me....annnnd Bounty it is, because CoK stole Palpatine's treason line from RotS.

2. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Bounty, no contest. Yeah it was filler, but it was good filler.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Revenge for me. Loved the banter between Ventress and Obi-Wan and it was a great way to bring Maul back and start off his story into the series and setting up the Obi-Wan - Maul dynamic that has been occurring throughout Season 5. I feel its one of the best lightsaber fights of the series too. So that gets my vote and I also have a feeling its probably my most watched episode.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Carnage of Krell- and it's not even close for me. It was a great way to end an even greater arc as a whole. It's not only the best of the season, but the entire show!!^:)^ .

Bounty- should go as the second best episode of the season. It was great; action packed and it made Ventress that much more relevant and most importantly -interesting-..This episode would of got my vote in almost any other season. But unfortunately it was going up against my favorite arc/episodes.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Carnage of Krell. Great episode. My 2nd favorite in the series behind "The Deserter". Deep episode is so raw with the near execution of Fives and Jesse and then the heart-wrenching friendly fire scene. R.I.P. Waxer. The capture of Krell was epic. Then the cryptic scenes of Krell's imprisonment and execution. Voted.

DavidIX likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The General. It did a much better job of showcasing Krell than Darkness on Umbara did, and it was more focused with its story than that episode as well, which just ended abruptly.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I did not watch Bounty or Revenge. Or Brothers if that was an episode.

Carnage will win, so I voted Friends and Enemies. I quite enjoyed most of the Undercover Brother arc.

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Step 1. - watch Bounty.
    Step 2. - realize that it is the best Ventress episode ever.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Brother was an episode :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My first two picks would have been Brothers and Kidnapped. I'm going to hold out and use my vote strategically towards the end. [face_devil]

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Bounty.

Of the Umbara episodes, I prefer Darkness. Plan of Dissent and Carnage of Krell are ****.

S4 is the second best season, imo.

S1 > S4 > S2 > S3

I'm still figuring S5.

12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    So difficult to choose between Revenge, Bounty, Carnage of Krell and Friends and Enemies as well as A Friend in Need and The General, but went Revenge. I liked seeing Ventress and Obi-Wan fight together and their banter was great. Maul's return to his normal self was awesome, Sam Witwer is amazing. Great animation and duels as well.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Was close between Carnage of Krell and Revenge, went with Krell.

14. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Fixed.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    As ambitious as Carnege of Krell is, I have to go with Crisis on Naboo. It's even more ambitious than CoK, IMO, and is a better arc wrap-up. It also has great pacing, a rare feat achieved by TCW.

Frankly, all of the episodes in this poll are great. It's difficult to choose the best of the best.

16. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    So are you saying this is a btichbox than? I may be new to this forum, but I'm not new to forums themselves. You wanna bitch about this and that, go for it pal. At least try to have a sense of objectivity when you do it.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Objectivity? Could have sworn that the comment you labeled as "so negative" had a ton of substantial criticism based on telling instead of showing, lack of in-universe logic, lack of cohesion, lack of desired expansion, and what he saw as an enormous plot hole ending.

While yours consisted of "Ahsoka decapitating 4 dudes at the same time. That alone makes me giddy like a child".

Please do not abuse and harass other users for their opinions on Star Wars, it is unwelcoming.

Thank you and have a nice day.

18. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Apparently my tone was misinterpreted. I'm not denying that what he said isn't valid. But in the end, what does that criticism do? What is it going to accomplish? There was a ton of potential there that they missed with the episode, but does complaining and hating on it do anything? There's no progression for the sake of discussion, which is the point of having forums!

With as many o's as I used, I would think one would tell that I'm being a bit sarcastic and joking around. I didn't have the intention of shooting his opinion to the ground, I was saying--in a joke-y way--that the decapitation part was so cool one could forget everything else.

And you wanna talk about harass and abuse: "The sooner new people learn that this isn't a hugbox the better." Read that and tell me that isn't abusive to newcomers here. If my "soooo negative" comment is abusive and harassing, I'm interested to hear what you have to say about his. If he's going to have an attitude, it's kind of hard for me not to get one as well.

19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Friends and Enemies. Nuff said

cwustudent likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    In your opinion, looks like no. In my opinion, yes.

The criticism helps clarify the good and the bad and often teaches me something I did not know before.

Even the complaining and hating serves to enhance my appreciation of the good.

I disagree, his comment provoked thoughts in me that could lead to more discussion, if this was the proper place.

I don't see how your comment of "Soooo negative. A Friend In Need gave us Ahsoka decapitating 4 dudes at the same time. That alone makes me giddy like a child." is any more conducive to discussion.

My thoughts are that he wouldn't have to tell people "this isn't a hugbox", if he didn't have someone jump on him every time he posts criticism.

Zand tends to react harshly to such comments, but he's right, this isn't a hugbox and comments like his are completely acceptable according to the mods and are not subject to harassment.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were joking, but I'll give you a heads up:

Calling someone, or their comments, "negative" is a huge powder keg around here. My advice would be to avoid it. Feel free to ignore my advice as you wish, of course.

Welcome to LACWAC.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't see how there can possibly be "progression for the sake of discussion" when one takes the attitude that "only positive comments are allowed because complaints don't accomplish anything."

If one suppresses criticism and only allows comments along the lines of "OMG THAT DECAPITATION WAS AWESOME," there is no discussion. Cheerleading practice without the gymnastics maneuvers maybe, but no discussion.

And no forum is a hug box, especially if people are going to take it personally when people dislike a work of art that they like. I'm fairly new around here myself, only came in last summer, and I've always felt welcome in LACWAC, but I came in looking for discussion as opposed to a fan club. (And I hold a lot of opinions around here that no one else shares, I liked some episodes that got a lot of criticism. And that is perfectly OK.)

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    My comment was a playful jab at his. Kind of a "hey buddy cheer up, it's not that bad". Sarcasm is hard to convey through text but I assumed and, clearly, failed. What they say about assuming is true.

I didn't "jump" on him as you put it, but apparently that's how he took it. Again, assumption. Baaaad Embomania.

Is it my fault he reacts that way? No. does he need to react so aggressively? No. but he didn't know where I was coming from, so there ya go. Still, I have to say that if this isn't a hugbox (which I never intended the comment to be), what is it? Can we not "hug it out"? Is this place only for criticism, and nothing else? Because that's how you make it sound. That we have to tip-toe around each others comments or else all hell will break lose. Frankly, it sucks.

23. Embomania

Feb 2, 2013
    Oy. Not making any friends around these parts. I'm saying that criticism goes nowhere. You're right, praise go nowhere either. But I wasn't praising, I was playing around. His comment wasn't constructive in my mind, so that's why I said what I did. A simple sarcastic, playful comment. What I was getting at with the sake of discussion is that there was no constructiveness in what he said. No where to build on; it just felt like he hated everything and that was it.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go smack my head on that wall over there.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Arguing will get you nowhere guys, just like we saw on the Obi-Wan discussion thread last week.

07jonesj likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm sorry if it seems like we're ganging up on you here, just terrible forum drama. I assure you that you have not made any enemies either, and that you have nothing to worry about so far.

This place is not a hugbox or a bashbox, it's both and more. All comments within the Terms of Service are welcome. That means people are welcome to praise or criticize as they please, as long as it's within the Terms of Service, and they are not to be harassed for doing so. Harassing someone for criticizing the show would be against the Terms of Service, according to the mods. I understand that harassment was not your intent and I do not hold that comment against you.

Perhaps this entire discussion could have been avoided if you did not use the word "negative". The word really is that much of a powder keg.

It's not really your fault that he reacts that way, though I believe there is blame that can be placed, I'd rather not play that game. Let's just say there's history.

That we have to tip toe does suck, I agree.

It's really not my intention to be difficult, or to suck the fun out of posting for you, I sincerely welcome you to LACWAC and hope you stick around and enjoy your time here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.