main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I really like birds of prey too. I went through a real "birds of prey fan" phase as a kid.

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    sorry to kind of break the chat here... but does anyone know what time tcw airs on teletoon (EST)?

Bo-Katan likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like animals and have always been very interested in them, but particularly in cats and birds of prey.

Its listed on the OP of the episode thread and in the spoiler policy thread.

(7) New TCW episodes air 9:30pm EST on Teletoon on Canada. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid new episode threads until you have had your chance to view the episode.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well the article you linked got me really excited given its title of "New Republic: Obsidian Actively Pitching New Star Wars" I thought it would be set 11ABY - 19ABY. Now I'm sad. :(

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    There needs to be more New Republic games. The only ones I can think of are Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, and one level of Rogue Squadron set during Operation Shadow Hand.

Garth Maul likes this.
  6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'd love another Jedi Knight game.

Sgt Crowfield and SithStarSlayer like this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I wonder if Blackman bailed = when he first got wind of Disney?

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Another topic: Todd and anyone else in the northeastern US--you guys OK? Has the storm hit? I love snow but even I wouldn't want to measure it in feet.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for your concern. It's been snowing for the past few hours. Nothing too bad. School closed at 4 and though it'll reopen tomorrow, Saturday classes are cancelled. I figure if I made it through Sandy unscathed, little Nemo will be a piece of cake. My folks near Boston say it's about the same there, for now at least.

Garth Maul likes this.
  10. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Nice new avatar :D.
    EDIT
    Sonny (9 minus a few days) wants to start p&p RPGing. Star Wars, of course. He wants to play a Padawan during the Clone Wars, I'm to GM. What is he doing to prepare himself for the feat? He's reading the DK book 'Mysteries of the Jedi' over and over again :D.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    +1 for courage

Sgt Crowfield and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Blackman jumped ship halfway through Force Unleashed 2, he left before the Disney deal probably started.

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, he jumped ship BECAUSE of Force Unleashed 2. I somehow doubt that he was up for what became of that project.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Well when your pet project is going to be run into the ground with development time slashed and the sequel canned before you've even finished the second game, I'd leave too.

15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  16. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Just saw the new episode of Spartacus and overall, I'd say that it was a lot better than the previous episode. While it was disappointing that Crassus and Caesar were absent, I understand that they simply weren't vital to the episode's plot line. The entire episode dealt with two things: food and shades of grey. The character that highlight these shades of grey would be Crixus, who made two Roman prisoners of the city fight over a loaf of bread, gladiator-style. The characters that highlight the issue of food would be the Cilician pirates that appear a quarter through the episode. The pirates can smuggle food for the city in exchange for coin. With them, we are shone that Spartacus is willing to consort with thieves and murderers to get what he wants and thus, the lines between good and evil blur even more.

I also liked how there was more focus on Gannicus and Tiberius this time around. Gannicus, like Spartacus, is shone to be more level-headed and, in way, more compassionate. He chose not to **** that brunette, who as he said was merely a "child" and you could tell at the end of the episode that he didn't believe in Naevia's story that his friend was conspiring against them. Its a pity that he had his friend was needlessly killed by Naevia. It should be interesting to watch the ramifications of his death.

As for Tiberius, I couldn't help but root for him. I mean, yeah, he's a cocky little ****head but at the same time, its that he's trying so hard and yet failing equally as hard. Overall, its kind of depressing that at the end of the day, he's just an insecure boy trying to impress his father. He gets talked down by Caesar in front of everyone(although he did show some backbone in shutting him up) and then fails in killing Spartacus as he's making a deal with the Cilician pirates in a preemptive attack. Speaking of the attack, he might have stood a chance if the pirates hadn't started shooting balls of fire at them. I'm guessing the pirates will work as Spartacus's navy from now on. What I liked about the battle is that it showed Tiberius as a pretty good fighter and one that is courageous; even after he had suffered a side-wound, he still wanted to fight the ex-slaves and had to be dragged away by his friend. At least he's got balls.

Overall, a great episode and I have so far found this season up to par with the first two seasons, though maybe I'm overrating it by doing that.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  18. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It's no problem. Have you watched the episode yet?

20. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Unfortunately not... the 3rd season will be shown here in April, but I love to be spoilt in advance :)!

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Kids, don't use non OEM chargers on your PC laptops, M'kay? Let me tell you a story about a sad student who blew his motherboard up last night. Fortunately I recovered the HDD and gave him everything on it and loaned him an old mothballed laptop I got. However the laptop which is an older Gateway and has a crap ton of screws to remove is probably going to be a total lost. I'm having a hard time finding the motherboard at reasonable cost.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Shouldn't the moral of the story be "don't use gateway computers?" :p

Thanks to eBay, there's really no reason not to use OEM chargers these days..

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Really its just as bad to take any consumer laptop apart unless its Dell or HP who do provide good assembly guides and its gotten worse since many don't have access panels on the bottom anymore.

It felt good to get called a hero by a stranger in the end although it sucked to have this dropped in my lap on Friday night. One of the biggest Universities in Florida is next to where I work and the guy heard from my friend at work I fix computers (I've never said that! I just happen to know some stuff). He and my buddy met me at my car in the parking lot when I was leaving with a laptop in his hand and pleaded with me to get his stuff back. Poor guy. This is also a good place to remind people to back up their stuff. Fortunately the harddrive is in good shape. I put it in a enclosure and took him a loaner.

24. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Spent the day doing manual labour... Destroying old bed, tidying room, building new bed, re-arranging room. Exhausting. Pretty sure that's more work than I've done in many years.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Guys, this is the spoiler policy. It is the one create with Sx3, Garth, and PK after the great Gregor debacle.

Revised, short, simple spoiler policy:

LACWAC spoiler policy

What is a spoiler?
    (1) All LFL, Cartoon Network, theforce.net official released information/images, trailers, and clips are not considered spoiler material.​

(2) A spoiler will be considered future material not from official sources listed. Speculation does not equal a spoiler.​
    (3) A spoiler is serious plot details or a character death. Those must always be spoilered or edited out.​
    TCW Spoiler Free Season 5 Discussion - Spoiler free safety zone
    (1) This thread is provided for completely spoiler free discussion. No posting of clips, images, leaked plot info allowed.​

Discussion of New Episodes - rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread once we have the info from the Official Site.​

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.​

(3) New TCW episodes air 9:30pm EST on Teletoon in Canada. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.​

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode airing.​

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.​

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in the episode thread.​

(7) New TCW episodes air 9:30pm EST on Teletoon on Canada. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid new episode threads until you have had your chance to view the episode.​

Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed) - rules
    (1) The TCW General Discussion Thread (spoilers) will be open to any "official" information discussion. Posting trailers, preview/episode clips for new individual episodes (i.e., things like IGN where they give us a 2:00 minute part of the show, often spoiling key scenes); is permitted in the TCW General Thread.​

(2) Heavy plot related spoilers and stuff like character deaths for future episodes should be spoilered out in the TCW general thread.​
    (3) If you intend to be spoiler free this thread should be avoided.​

Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]] - rules
    (1) The S5 discussion thread (Spoilers!) will continue to be the main heavy spoiler thread, including discussion of the video clips for each week's episode.​

(2) Spoiler tags are not required in this thread and everything is far game.​

(3) if you don't want to be spoiled, stay out!​

Rate the episode threads
    (1) We do the "Rate the Episode Poll" after Wednesday, to give people a few days to watch the episode and let your thoughts sink in. This thread will contain new episode reviews.​
    (2) Discussion of new episodes not allowed in these threads.​

TCW Image Caption Thread (spoiler images!) - and game threads - spoiler rules
    (1) The caption thread is allowed to contain screen caps from future episodes.​

(2) Use common sense with game threads.​

Spoiler/ non spoiler guidelines for new threads
    (1) When creating a new thread with intention to talk about a character or plot where the future may be a concern. Be sure to specify spoiler or non spoiler in the thread title.​

(2) if spoiler is not specified in the title then no spoilers are allowed and tags must be used. Posts that do no have tags will be edited.​

(3) If spoilers are specified then tags will not be required in that thread and everything is fair game.​

I remember getting thanked on my wall by one of you. I do my best to enforce it as I can.

However I am only human and bad with spoilers. I am the main mod always available to handle things and I'm just not going to see everything all the time and I'm going to make mistakes. I wish I were more perfect, but heh, I'm as far from perfect as any human being has ever been and for now you are stuck with me most of the time guys.

I thought this was what the masses wanted when we created it but apparently not so much. Why don't I pick a committee of members who would like to draft a member created spoiler policy we can all agree on. Can I select five of you? PM me. I'll double post this in the disco.

AkashKedavra_93 and Paparazzo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.