main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Given that Disney/Lucasfilm STILL won't confirm that the Clone Wars is coming back next season, I think if we care enough about this show staying on the air, we can do what we can to make our voices heard. Even if Disney ignores us, it certainly doesn't hurt to speak up, and who knows, maybe they'll take note.

Seerow is considering a petition to Disney at lacwac.com among other delivery methods. Lets organize and let the mouse house know how much we care!

Individually we can also rally: I took it upon myself to look up some Disney email addresses related to their TV channels, both consumer and media/press related, sent emails and feedback forms to different contact points, and let them know both that my friends, family, and I really love and care about the show, and that we are seeking confirmation that it will be on the fall 2013 Disney TV schedule if not sooner.

Here are the email addrs i found which you can send your requests to:
    support@disneyonline.com
    Medianet@disney.com
    info@DisneyXD.ca
    You can also send messages to their Facebook or Twitter, and I'd be open to suggestions.

Eric, a Disney Online contact got back to me saying he couldnt confirm but he did give me a phone number (below) which we could bombard with requests ;)

I'm open to more options and pay attention to more updates from Seerow and others on the petition system.

Here's what our friend "Eric" said:
    Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately,we are unable to comment on future productions or programming decisions until they are officially announced.

If you wish to leave a voice message regarding Disney Channel U.S. programming, you may do so at 818-460-7477.

Please note that the above number is a toll number. Long distance charges will apply.

If you are under 18 years of age, please ask for permission prior to dialing the above number.

Regards,

Eric
    Disney Online

rumblewagon and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    uhhh S5 isn't even over yet, they will confirm something when S5 ends, and Disney would be stupid to cancel it, since it's the only Star Wars we have till 2015

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    JAT has posted about going to recording sessions with TCW on both FaceBook and Twitter, which means they are probably working on Season 7.

That said, still can't hurt to voice that we like they show. They may re-brand it and continue into the dark times, or give us another show in another era when TCW ends if this gets enough attention. Who knows? [face_dunno]

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    lacwac.com seems to be infected by spambots.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  5. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I just hope against hope that CW stays on Cartoon Network. I think it would kill ratings to move to another channel. Imagine watching Seinfeld thursdays at 9pm on NBC for five years and suddenly its on tuesdays at 8pm on ABC. Going to screw with the flow.

Also I'm afraid if its on a Disney Channel they will have to include cutesie characters that like to sing and dance

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea true

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Will sign, this show for me is an integral part of the "Star Wars" saga.

Hoping that it will continue on whichever channel.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This show can't even win an Annie award. So at this point, I could care less if it stays or goes. We need animation that brings home the bacon. We need good 2-d animation.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You got it Akash. If you aren't really passionate about the show, fine, but for those of us out there who really like it, lets do something!

I've been doing searches all week for news on a Season 6 announcement, my time is better spent rallying making some noise about the show to Disney. Who else is with me?

10. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Disney really would be stupid to cancel the show. For me, it's what really got me into 'Star Wars'. I started watching it and then I saw the movies...I was hooked. Now I can proudly proclaim that I'm a Star Wars Geek. :D

V-2, Watto and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Whoa. What order did you watch them in, and did you already know the spoilers before watching them for the first time?

12. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Well, I saw The Empire Strikes Back when I was five, even though I had absolutely no idea what was going on so that doesn't really count. I watched them when they came on on Spike in order, that was actually 2 years ago. I did know the spoilers, even though being the first time I'd ever seen them it was...it was amazing. I'm a fan of both the PT and OT, I remember specifically watching The Phantom Menace and holding my breath during the pod race on Tatooine. I really didn't know much about the movies, but as for major spoilers: A.K.A. Vader father thing I did know that. But I didn't even know about Anakin being Vader, before that I had only seen The Clone Wars.

V-2 likes this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    So you knew Darth Vader was Luke's dad, but not that Darth Vader/Luke's dad was Anakin Skywalker? That must have been quite a ride. [face_hypnotized]

14. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Yeah, I know it's weird. What had happened was I noticed in one of the episodes in the Mortis arc that Anakin had a scar so I was curious as to why and decided to watch the movies, since I never had and I really wanted to. So I watched them and then I got REALLY into it, started playing the games, reading the books, writing fanfiction, collecting...all because of one moment in the Clone Wars. Again, I know it's weird, but that's what happened.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That's cool, I was just curious. Sounds like an interesting way to discover the character. What games have you played? There are some old school greats I may have to recommend if you've only been playing games from the last couple generations of systems.

16. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Save this show. Honestly I've made a complete 180 from hating this show into loving it. After hearing about the new Star Wars movies being completely honest I'm more excited about TCW. If this goes I will be so upset.

AkashKedavra_93 and Watto like this.
  17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This show needs to have an end. They need at least one more season to wrap up all our characters - Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Asajj, Maul, Hondo. These characters deserve a proper ending.

18. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    to wrap up all those characters, i think we'll need two or more seasons!

Bo-Katan and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  19. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You could easily do it in one season if you left out all the filler.

Hell, this show could've wrapped up entirely by now without the filler. I love this show, I really do, but it annoys me how they waste time.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I honestly see no reason to do this.

JackG, hlc88 and 07jonesj like this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Stupid or not, it's in Disney's power to cancel. It's cool to hear how much you like the show... if you had the chance to convince Disney to keep airing it, what would you say?

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm just going to repost this here...

I think there is a bit of an overreaction here with petitioning and emailing disney. Wouldn't it be better to wait until Disney announce their Fall schedule before starting to panic? Wait and see what they will do first? Clearly Filoni and crew haven't been told to stop producing the series yet especially if they were recording stuff a few days ago - I would have thought that would be a big hint that the show won't be cancelled! Disney has owned the show long enough now to tell them whether they want it or not or to stop producing!

And I'll add, CN announces their Fall schedule in January which they've done. TCW is not on it so we already know its not going to be on CN.

The reason there hasn't been a Season 6 announcement is because Disney do not announce their Fall Schedule until March! I think some people are clearly overreacting at this point.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was wondering if there was any solid reason to worry that Disney was cancelling. As someone said in the Prequels forum, I think there's a greater concern that Disney is going to oversaturate the Star Wars market with individual character "stand alone" films and such.

I hope the show continues long enough to wrap up the fates of certain characters and provide a seamless transition into ROTS, but I'm not worried yet.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    That's no fault of the show itself, there's no question that the show The Clone Wars is far better than the rest of the garbage on CN, and is by far the best Saturday morning cartoon even from an impartial standpoint on Star Wars. No other show has as much time and money invested in it. The Annie awards have been snubbing the show in favor of crap like Adventure Time.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't see any reason why it will hurt to get this going EARLY if you are a passionate Clone Wars fan. I have no idea about when Disney announces their schedule, and I believe your March timeline, but isn't it better to let them know before it's too late to reverse a decision?

All you have to do is go to LACWAC.com now and sign the petition Seerow has set up on the right side of the page. It only requires name and email. It will send you a quick confirmation email asking you to click to confirm you'd like to add your name to the petition. Save the Clones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.