main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Best Spinoff Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I might be interested in something like that as well. There are some very interesting allusions in the SWRDs to Governor Tarkin and Admiral Motti wanting to use the Death Star as leverage to share rule of the Empire with Vader and the Emperor. There could be an interesting film in there somewhere.

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    A Darth Sidious or Darth Maul film would be epic. Preferably the first.

TheManFromMortis and Air Jedi like this.
  3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    From what heard, moments before Alderaan is distroyed, Bail looks up and does a spit take with his coffee...

Krueger and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    I would love a Republic Commando film. Seeing Alpha Squad, Delta Squad, Kal, Etain, Vau, the Nulls, and Bardan would be amazing to me.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But...but...all of my ideas from the "worst" thread can apply to here as well.:(

Graphic likes this.
  6. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Along the lines of the podracing movie, I'd like a racing movie about the Kessel Run that would be a SW version of Two Lane Blacktop or Vanishing Point.

The gangster movie concerning the Hutts would be nice.

I think if there is gonna be a bounty hunters movie that Cad Bane needs to appear in it somehow. That character is already a classic, IMO.

Graphic and Cad Carnage like this.
  7. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    Agreed! :cool:

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    they should make a movie on how Hondo became a pirate

9. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Embo: The Professional

InterestingLurker likes this.
  10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    R5-D4: Bad Motivator

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    A bounty hunter movie - i wanna see Boussh (sp) before Leia killed him/her. I wanna see Bossk, IG-88 (all 4 of them), Zuckuss and 4-LOM, but the main star should be Dengar. We could even whack Beedo (a cousin of Greedo - confirmed in the RotJ sticker album) in there, hell, set it early enough can we have Greedo too?

Did I forget anyone?

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would love to see this! Maybe it could be something like Zero Dark Thirty where this time they hunt down one of the evil CIS' evil leaders, Tikkes. :p

But in all seriousness I would love a Republic Commando movie with a Zero Dark Thirty vibe.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't wait for the part where they try to waterboard a droid soldier.
    "****! Fried again! We're getting nowhere with this dammit!"

15. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm not big on Star Wars way in the past or future of Ep 1-6, but this is the best idea I've heard in that vein.

16. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If they choose to travel back in time from the ST era, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bloodlines comics converted to film.
    Would definitely add some depth to Boba Fett, and expand on his relationship with Jango.

Hell, Daniel Logan could even play Connor Freeman.

17. MasAnuca

MasAnuca Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2013
  18. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I can only think of 3 I really, really like Disney to make. I think they will be successful enough to be trilogies or more.

1. Han Solo and Chewie
    2. Boba Fett
    3. KOTOR/TOR

And stories set hundreds or thousand of years after ROTJ.

I think the above are big enough to have their own movies and that a lot of us wants to see.

But we will get most of our wishes because if they won't make a certain idea into a movie. They can include them into the up-coming tv series.

19. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Star Wars Sith Chronicles

Darth Plagueis
    Darth Bane
    Darth Revan
    Darth Nihilus
    Darth Maul

Graphic likes this.
  20. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Lets make a petition... [face_dancing]

21. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I'm all for it, you just tell me where to sign.

22. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    I think a Plagueis/Palpatine movie from the book would be awesome, say Episode: Prologue, Show Plagueis finding and training Palpy and all that good stuff and the end could be Sidious ordering the blockade of Naboo-BAM right into TPM.

How about a flick that shows Anakin actually doing some bad ass combat during the clone wars-not the tv show-a real adult movie about it

Shadows of the Empire would be a good one as would a movie that shows Vader, and maybe Sidious, kickin ass and takin names between episodes 3 and 4 and 4 and 5- you know he and the emperor are pissed at losing the death star to some teenager

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    If they did a spin-off of Anakin in the Clone Wars, they would most likely have to re-cast the part since Hayden is too old.

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I've noticed some people have mentioned remaking the prequels elsewhere on these boards, I can't imagine that happening in the slightest. For all their faults, can you imagine obi-wan without thinking mcgregor, or the sith without also thinking Maul and Dooku... a lot of what people associate with Star Wars stems from the prequels and it would be a foolish move to scrap them outright...what I would say is a possibility [and one that I would be open to] is films set between each episode which would be an almost reboot but without starting from scratch. We could have a young Anakin, Obi Wan adventure, a full blown Clone Wars movie and then topping it with Vader hunting the remaining Jedi with another epic duel between Vader and Kenobi in which he's led to believe Kenobi is dead.

Personally however I'd prefer all new stories set in new timelines but without going millenia back or forward, young Han Solo is a perfect example of a world which would be familiar but unexplored.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  25. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Star Wars: Binks

The political victories and defeats of Jar-Jar Binks.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.