main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What colour lightsaber will the main Jedi use?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by George Roper, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Colours would have meaning if they have different properties because of their frequency, green better to generate heat, blue more luminosity so depending on what you job was it helps better. Or even the living force use green etc. so the colour tells something about who you are.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

2. starve

starve Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm fine with white, orange, yellow, and various colors based on the color wheel, but you guys need to chill out with some of these things. Black? it's light...and yes I've seen the so-called black sabers in games and cartoons and it looks asinine. And what is "silver" light?...and the thing we call a "black light" is not actually black light. ...an actual black light is an oxymoron, like dry water.

The thing with lightsabers is that the blade is always pure white, they just fluoresce in different colors.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a lightsaber to be clear colored so it's invisible.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That would sure be a lot of fun to watch on the screen, huh? ;)

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Help I can't see what I'm doing!"
    "Don't worry the force will gui-Hey! You cut me in half you rascal!"

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    There could be a scene in Episode VII where Luke explores some newly discovered caves on Ilum, and finds an abundance of purple, yellow, and orange crystals.

This probably won't happen though, if there is new colors, it probably won't be explained.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  7. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    Silver for the new hero, yellow for the new villian[ i do not want the sith to return, which rules out red]

8. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    silver for the new hero, yellow for the new villian[ i do not want the sith to return, so that rules out red]

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Rainbow Lightsaber ;)

10. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I would love to see a plaid blade in honor of Lucas :)

11. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I don't like the different colors, it's too gimmicky. Unfortunately I think Disney will give into temptation and go with a rainbow's worth of new saber colors for the ST.

One thing is fairly certain tho--Luke will still have his green lightsaber from Return of the Jedi, and the thought of that is satisfying and exciting to me for some reason.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    My old roomie did this once for Halloween - Rainbow saber, pink robes, purple hair - He was "Queer-Gon Gin"

DarthKreVass likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    [face_rofl]

14. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    I'd love to see red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red red etc

:D

15. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Lucas said Jedi have blue or green (except Mace) and Sith have red. 'Nough said.

16. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Green & Blue

17. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    And there is no need for it to be explained either. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek! In Star Wars, traditionally you are presented with a tech, and you see what it does and that's it. No need to go into detail on how it works.

A hyperdrive allows a ship to fly into hyperspace. A ship without a hyperdrive can't. We also know if a hyperdrive motivator is pulverized, it's impossible to go into hyperspace. [face_laugh]

Sure, you can buy supplemental books or look online and people have come up with theories behind these things... but the movies all but never get into that stuff.

18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Not blue, they really over used it in the PT.

19. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    It is pretty well established everywhere that the Jedi use mostly Green/Blue. Hopefully they will bring back the Sentinel color scheme and the Yellow blade along with it!

20. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Apparently, he always wanted Jedi to have silver lightsabers but the technology of the time wouldn't all it. Recent advances will permit him to correct this in future editions of the 6 existing movies. And to have it in future movies.

21. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I am sure we will see plenty of the usual greens and blues, and probably a red or two for the villains (depending on what type of villain they are going for). Orange is my favorite color so I would love to see an orange lightsaber in the films! Silver would be cool as well though.

KevinM1 likes this.
  22. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    No matter what color you can be sure there will be people on here who are outraged.

DarthKreVass, KevinM1 and lbr789 like this.
  23. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd like to see more colors. I'm partial to orange, so I'd love to see that. I did like the darker blue used in the PT, but like someone else said, it was overused. More purple would be nice, too. Who knows? Maybe Mace's saber is in some Jedi museum just waiting to be used in some climactic scene.

24. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Blue and Green for good guys

Red for bad guys

I say don't mess with the formula.

Death T likes this.
  25. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I agree, but remember what Lucas says is subject to change. The only reason we got a green saber in ROTJ is because the blue didn't show well against the Tattooine desert background so it was changed in post production. Sam Jackson got a purple one because he's Sam Jackson and he asked for it. Also, Lucas isn't in charge anymore, and I suspect Disney will be like a six year old with a box of crayons in post production when it comes to coloring the sabers.

DarthMateous likes this.