main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The final episode, "The Wrong Jedi", is based off of "The Wrong Man." In the movie of which the episode is based off, Manny Balestrero is accused of a crime and then later exonerated in the end when the real culprit behind the crime is caught.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, but that doesn't necessarily negate significant events occurring.

4. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Your right. I meant that nothing significant will happen to Ahsoka. Chances are that at the end of the arc, Palpatine will possess more jurisdiction and probably have troops or droids "securing" the Jedi Temple.

5. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I see reassignment to another Master happening, that would be pretty significant.

6. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Well, such a thing is not in The Wrong Man's plot.

7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Yes, I am familiar with most of Hitchcock's work. But there's nothing requiring the episode to completely follow the film.

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Based on their ToS, it looks like they require it in case there's legal trouble regarding a copyright.. [face_thinking] I didn't sign either because of the address requirement.

COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS — "DMCA" NOTICE
    If you believe that any content or material on the site infringes any copyright owned or controlled by you, please send written notice to our Designated Copyright Agent in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA"):
    Care2.com is a Service Provider. Our Designated Agent for receiving notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows:
    Copyright Agent
    Care2.com, Inc.
    275 Shoreline Drive, Suite 300
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    By phone: (661) 727-3622
    By email: moc.maet2erac@tnegathgirypoc
    To be valid under the DMCA, your notice must be in writing and include the following information:
    1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
    2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
    3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
    4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
    5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
    6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
    This information is neither intended nor should not be construed as legal advice. For further details on the information required for valid notifications under the DMCA, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).

10. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    *You're

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    KenobiSkywalker do you know of any add on for Wordpress for petitions?

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't done anything with Wordpress. I know a few people who have though, I'll shoot them an email and PM you if they know of anything.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks. Back on topic.

-puts fingers in ears- No, did not hear that. This arc will end on a cliff hanger with some sort of change to Ahsoka. dammit,

14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    So far this is the first arc I've remained almost completely spoiler free.. It better be worth it. [face_nail_biting]

Given the little I do know, I'm sure there will be a cliffhanger of some sort.
    Something like Plo Koon asking Ahsoka (with Anakin present) if she'd like to be assigned to a new master then cutting to the credits would make a nice cliffhanger. :p

Seerow likes this.
  15. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    And I have already figured out who the real culprit is, I think. It's
    none other than Asajj Ventress, back for revenge and framing Ahsoka for the whole thing.

16. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Hmm I thought that too but I don't think we have enough info yet (maybe you do; i haven't seen sabotage yet). She was Obi-Wan's "unexpected ally" and since she's no longer one of dooku's pawns, who knows what she'll do next? I'd assume that she would rather seek revenge against her old boss, rather than against the jedi. The verdict's still out

Bo-Katan likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think that shadow on Mortis is nonsense, the grown up Ahsoka seems know Anakin's darkness, but for obvious reason she doesn't have a part, not even influence in EP III. Anakin already did very very bad thing(like those in EP III, much worse than EP II's slaughter) before EP III? It's going to mess up with the movie if they let Anakin do something super bad before that point.

18. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think there is a bit of an overreaction here with petitioning and emailing disney. Wouldn't it be better to wait until Disney announce their Fall schedule before starting to panic? Wait and see what they will do first? Clearly Filoni and crew haven't been told to stop producing the series yet especially if they were recording stuff a few days ago - I would have thought that would be a big hint that the show won't be cancelled! Disney has owned the show long enough now to tell them whether they want it or not or to stop producing.

19. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013

It might be too late by the time they announce they schedule (and if TCW isn't listed).

Bo-Katan and Watto like this.
  20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I hope we get at least one more season. As long as the show is neatly tied up I'll be fine. I also like the idea of six seasons, essentially being a "saga within a saga". Makes things even.

Before the show kicks the bucket we are going to need:

1. A definitive fate and/or death for Ahsoka leading into the Great Jedi Purge, if not setting up for a future TV series than a future novel or comic series.
    2. To see what Palps' "other uses" for Maul are. Maybe he will hunt down and kill Mother Talzin.
    3. The passing of the torch from Cad Bane to Boba Fett as the galaxy's premiere bounty hunter.
    4. Cloned Zillo beasts.
    5. Gregor's triumphant return.
    6. The fate of Rex and his men. Maybe tied into Ahsoka's fate.
    7. Ventress's fate (which I expect before the end of Season 5)
    8. Another prison break so the Separatist leaders can escape.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    In honor of Ahsoka, my weekly trip to Target showcases her in the banner of "characters Kids love" right alongside ol' Batsy. Now all we need is her on a Season box set cover:
    [​IMG]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Go head, troll me with my own "OMG ONOZ" gif.

Again, I don't believe TCW is in any danger of being canceled but it doesn't hurt to make out voices hurt to Disney about how much fans love it. There is no indication its canceled. Other than 20 episodes things are proceeding pretty much as they did after season 4 aired. We probably won't get any info for a while but the announcements will come. We've known about season 6 for atleast two years now. Odds are season 7 is being made. There are still alot of things that need wrapping and the show carries the Star Wars brand. I'm still not convinced its leaving CN despite not being on the lest. See my post in the petition thread for more.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes Seerow it's fun to get involved and let your fandom out more actively.

Supporting the show now is letting them know we want more stuff like the Maul arc.

24. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Anakin hasn't done anything worse than choking Poggle.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    He sliced up some slavers in Escape from Kadavo and choked a helpless bartender in Friends and Enemies.

Seerow likes this.