main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: S05E16: Lawless

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 6, 2013.

?

How would you grade this episode?

1. 10/10

61.0%
  2. 9/10

17.1%
  3. 8/10

12.4%
  4. 7/10

4.8%
  5. 6/10

1.0%
  6. 5/10

1.9%
  7. 4/10

1.0%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

1.0%
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    First time in a long time I haven't seen a 1 for an episode.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I have to agree with CaptainRex115, once the Vizsla-Satine conflict went, and without someone clearly leading them up front, Death Watch became kinda boring. They were little more than a distraction by the end.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yoda voice: "You will...you will."

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Must...resist...

Ah screw it, I'm temporarily lifting my personal abstinence from voting threads to give the first 1.

1/10 this episode sucks because Randy died :_|:_|:_|

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

KED12345 likes this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  8. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I do agree with you. Honestly the only thing giving this episode a six out of ten for me was a few scenes....

Satine and Maul and Obi-Wan Interaction
    Savage and Maul interaction early on in the episode

That's really about it. This episode easily could have been knocked down to a three out of ten or less.

The Mandalorian stuff was extremely boring. Without Pre Vizsla, they're is no point in the Death Watch. Just random Mandalorians fighting who I don't care about.

The two death scenes I admire greatly. Savage and Maul had good parts together. For example when Maul gave Savage a little head nod when they both got their Lightsabers to fight Darth Sidious I thought that was a great moment for the Brothers. As well as Savage's death scene was good interruption between them.

Filoni lied to us. This was not even close to the best duel of the series. Darth Sidious was completely toying around with both of them the entire fight. Except when Maul went toe-to-toe with Sidious at the end. It makes no sesne how in Season Three Savage can whoop Ventress and Dooku at one time as well as beat Anakin and Obi Wan together at the same time yet he gets completely dominated by Darth Sidious.

Savage should have lived. They wasted his character. This week I've been going back and watching all of Savage's episodes in Season Three and Four. Such an awesome character. His ending was unfair and I feel like it was a slap in the face to us as fans. Savage deserved a better ending. He never even went up against Ventress or Count Dooku again. I am just so upset at all that they wasted when they killed of Savage Opress

Maul not dying in the end also saved this episode from losing another point.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Of course it makes sense. It's Darth Sidious. No further explanation needed.

10. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    No that does make no sense, though I don't really Savage defeated Dooku. He choked him but I think Dooku just wasn't ready for that, he was dominating Savage otherwise wasn't he?

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Giving a "1" because one character died would be like me giving a "10" just because Obi-Wan appeared in the episode.
    Personally, my vote is far more nuanced and based on quite a few factors, not just one.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My vote was based on sheer awesomeness when I boil it all down. =D

13. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Right... Because Darth Sidious can own someone who owned both Anakin and Obi-Wan. So that means he double owns Anakin and Ob-Wan. Which means he would more than triple own Anakin individually... Yet George Lucas said himself that Anakin can beat Sidious. I mean there comes a point when you should question yourself if you believe Darth Sidious can triple own the Chosen one.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    IIRC GL said Anakin would have been stronger than Sidious were it not for losing to Obi-Wan on Mustafar. If Sidious could kill 3 council members in under 30 seconds then I think he could handle Savage and Maul without much trouble.

15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    But Savage owned both Obi Wan and Anakin together during season three.

16. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Darth Sidious at this moment in time is stronger than Anakin. And as you've seen, yes, he can 'own' Savage.

No, Lucas said if Anakin was able to kill Obi-Wan on Mustafar then he would be stronger. So at no point during the films is Anakin/Vader stronger than Sidious.

No, I should not have to question myself whether or not Sidious can defeat Anakin when we've been told that this is the case.

'Double owns', 'triple own'... Christ almighty.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, you're applying math to fighting, which doesn't always work.

I definitely see your point and would like more internal consistency when it comes to duels, but Star Wars doesn't bother with that.

18. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    This show (and saga in general, really) could use more consistency with duelseverything, but Anakin's abilities are more theorized than actualized. Give him time and training and he'd waste Sidious, but until then? The Dark Lord is superior in pretty much every respect.

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You'd be surprised at how many people vote '1's over things little like "...the curtains were too blue." ;)

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    At least I gave a reason, instead of the infamous 1 and 10 trolls. We never did find out who they were.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    We can now, I believe those polls are no longer anonymous.

22. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    9/10 It was VERY good, but I feel like Obi Wan and others could've had more involvement.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Looks like most or all of the votes are in.

70 votes, for an average score of 9.07. Very high, but I'm 99.99% sure it's not a record.

I believe 39 'tens', however, is a record, defeating the previous record of 37 held by Overlords.

24. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Overrated.... I think Rookies got 9.35 or something...

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So right, it must be posted twice.

Sable_Hart and Arawn_Fenn like this.