main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I have to say, at least IMO, even as a big fan of Star Wars and The Clone Wars, I think there are shows on Saturday mornings far better than TCW. Both Legend of Korra and Young Justice, IMO, are much better than this show has been. LoK has great questions that make people think, while Young Justice has actual continuity and a forward moving storyline with actual characters arc, and neither waste time on stupids arcs focused on robots that amount to almost nothing in the end.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Young Justice, maybe. Legend of Korra? No. Legend of Korra would have been better but the ending was extremely disappointing. In fact, it hurt the first season. And they didn't give enough attention to the central issue of the season: inequality(or at least perceived inequality) between the benders and non-benders. Oh, and General Iroh? His character is thinner than paper. Mako's character, on the other hand, is a jerk and yet Korra still has an intimate relationship with him. The dialogue could be pretty bad. There's just so many things that aggravated me about the new series.

That said, if the Lieutenant comes back in the second season somehow(which I doubt it since the next season focuses on Korra's family and whatnot) and receives some more character development, I might forgive the writers of the series for the mistakes they made in the first season. Well, most of them anyway.

QuangoFett likes this.
  3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Probably has been said before in this thread but Disney confirmed Clone Wars would be airing on Disney XD sometime 2013.

Derp.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Nope, check again, bra.

5. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I'm trying to find the article for you, brah.

Found the article for you, brah.

EDIT: Alright, my bad, not officially confirmed, but it will be showing sometime in 2013.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Help an old lady with you kids' newfangled slang terms here. Is it now "in" to call people a feminine garment that holds up boobs?

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Haha, sorry to Coric and you anakinfan, "bra" is stupid even if I used ironically . Brah is slightly better but equally dumb I guess.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I must be pretty out then. I still use, 'bro'. I figure the guys I use that term to would smack me or hit me with a spike if I called them a bra. =b

Let me clear up a few things please. I do not believe The Clone Wars is headed for the chopping block. I'm sure its still in production. We're even still hearing about the voice actors laughing while doing their jobs. When season 4 ended we didn't get any info until atleast SWW weekend and not until the last week of it besides the trailer. That's how this is gonna go this year, only more so since Disney is promoting their own brand at their own MGM Studio theme park in Florida (I will never ever call it Hollywood Studios). There has been no official announcement on any move actually. In the past shows not on CN's list release in January have been canceled are pulled but its not unheard of them to announce something late. For all we know there is some deal being worked on in the background.

TCW's biggest enemy is censorship. Just finished watching "Sabatoge" and I again can't image Disney airing some of the stuff in it, including some of the political and terrorism references. I can't imagine Disney putting that big "Parental Guidance Suggested" message in front of it on Disney XD. Is there a show in Disney XD that does that? Does Disney ever do that for movies? Somebody, anybody set my mind at ease.

None the less, it probably doesn't hurt to voice our concerned to Disney so I am going to play ball with this campaign. Here is the link: http://lacwac.com/soc/

There are two petitions. One is Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes 's petition. The other is an applet visible at the top there which automatically sends Disney emails when you fill it out. You do have the verify it. I'm including both so if your not comfortable giving Fives' petition your address you can try my app. It seems to be real hit and miss with the conformation emails it send which you have to verify your email with with when you use it. Let me know if you don't get anything. I troubleshot it pretty much all night last night to the point I started throwing stuff. =b

9. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm going to include a postscript on all my petitions:
    P.S. Keep Ahsoka Tano Alive!

11. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    You guys are nuts.Disney just bought Lucasfilm FOR Star Wars and you think there gonna cancel The Clone Wars??...There just gonna move it to Disney XD and Premiere Season 6 with Star Wars DeTours in September.It WILL be announced it's just gonna take some time,relax people.

12. Jedi Master Thon

Jedi Master Thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2013
    I would rather petition to save the EU.

Mia Mesharad and GunganSlayer like this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I prefer to be called 'bonkers' thank you.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Speak for yourself, Seerow. When the situation warrants it, I prefer "bat**** insane."

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Seerow
    The only show I watch from DissneyXD is Tron, which has had terrorism, torture, killing, political intrigue and whatnot. It has just been cancelled though, so you've got some mixed signals there. ;)

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've been called bat**** crazy many times. That's an IOU for the Disco or better yet PMs when the subject turns to conspiracy theories some day. Today I'm just bonkers.

Honestly not familiar with Tron at all. You mean the new Tron animated series V-2? Can anyone here rate that against TCW for violence and subject matter? Has it ever had "Parental Guidance" flash on the screen before an episode came on?

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    "Brah" is short for "brother"

"BRAHHHHH!" -Savage

:p

Watto was using the incorrect spelling.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Tron: Uprising, yeah. This trailer shows the sort of violence:

People get "de-res'ed" (killed) pretty much every episode, there's often a fight to the death in the games, lots and lots of hand to hand combat, I'd say it's a similar level to TCW. I don't know if it has a parental warning or not.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Are we talking decapitations? Limb removable? Characters committing suicide by falling or jumping of buildings? Slayings of children and young women? Yeah, alot of parents I've talked to think the clones are robots so I'll leave them out.

I'm reading it says the animation style says Tron Uprising is inspired by TCW and its on at 12:00am. I see alot of Aeon Flux in that. I've watched Disney XD but haven't caught anything that looks actiony. There's hope. I could live with TCW airing at midnight although that would be a bit out of reach of the current target audience. Maybe I'll check this out for a comparison.

Paparazzo likes this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Decapitations and limb removal, not so much, but that's mostly because of the mechanics of the Tron world (if you get fatally injured you basically disintegrate like broken glass). I can't specifically remember a suicide, or infanticide. TBH I can't recall if children exist in the grid.

You should check it out, it's very good, well acted, looks beautiful, the plot draws you in over the 19 episodes. Everyone should check it out, then maybe Disney will un-cancel it!

Jedi Master Thon likes this.
  21. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think it's rather silly to start a petition concerning an event that hasn't even happened yet. The Clone Wars brand remains strong in merchandising, and still has ok ratings, and maintains Star Wars in the public eye. I can't remember exactly how many episodes have already been produced, but I would venture and say Season 6 is basically done, and perhaps parts of Season 7 (if they have plans to go that far). Since no one has been unable to unearth the contractual agreement between LucasFilm and Turner/Cartoon Network, we don't know the terms the show is on. Perhaps LucasFilm has the right to pull the plug and take the show elsewhere if they want, or maybe the contract states the show must conclude on Cartoon Network, I don't know. Obviously, Disney will try and do everything it can to bring it over to Disney XD as soon as possible. They've really been trying to beef up content for that channel. That being said, I think Cartoon Network has greater market penetration than Disney XD, and as we've seen in the past, Disney has had their own shows and cartoons air on other channels, so who knows, maybe they'll just let it run another season on Cartoon Network. Btw, if someone does know about the contractual agreement between LucasFilm and Cartoon Network, please let us know.

If for whatever reason Disney does cancel the show (which I extremely doubt), there still remains an abundance of already finished episodes that will probably be aired and/or sold on Blu-Ray. I'm sure they'll wrap up the story.

V-2 likes this.
  22. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm just hoping it stays on Cartoon Network. I hope it does, because if it airs on Disney XD they might censor some stuff and then it just won't be the same.

Like Gungan Slayer said, please let us know if anyone has any information about the agreement between LucasFilm and Cartoon Network.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure its been said that CN buys the episodes from Lucasfilm every year if they still want the show. They own the transmission rights for Seasons 1-5. This will probably now change with Disney in charge, they may not wish for TCW to air on a rival channel so they may not have extended the option for TCW season 6. That I believe is the agreement, every year CN buys transmission rights for each TCW season.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    YES!

Mia Mesharad and GunganSlayer like this.
  25. Jedi Master Thon

Jedi Master Thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2013
    I started a thread called save the EU. They locked it. [face_dunno]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.