main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Obsidian Actively Pitching Star Wars RPG (set between III and IV)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Alexrd, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Source

I'm glad that their pitch for a Star Wars RPG is set during the "saga era". I like KotOR quite a lot, but the setting was what I liked the least. Still, my wish for a Star Wars RPG helped me to get over it.

I didn't like KotOR II that much, and let's hope that if this ever gets done, Avellone won't put any "anti-Force" stance on some characters.

2. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Bring it, bring it, BRING IT! :)

Really hope it happens - just bought a new PC so I'm ready. Thanks for the info!

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    This would be amazing! Man, I hope Disney decides that this is a good idea.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    They might wait and see how 1313 sells before giving the green light to another big Star Wars title. So let's buy the **** out of 1313.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  7. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    I loved Knights of the Old Republic 2, they did so well with the year they had, especially given that they were forced to release the game two weeks after they were warned by LucasArts that 'time was up', anyone who's played the restored content can only imagine with me what the game would have been like if they had been given that extra year of development time to finish their game.

But the idea of an Obsidian Star Wars RPG set in the Great Jedi Purge just has my brain exploding, make it happen.

8. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Good to see that there might actually be a Star Wars game worth playing. There hasn't been one in a while. Knights of the Old Republic was honestly art. I wouldn't mind a similar game set in another era, but eventually I hope that they complete the story of KoTOR someday. No more TOR **** just to get more money off of online subscriptions. I refuse to play it, and I don't even understand how they made Meetra and Revan connect to that story.

Vespasian likes this.
  9. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I'v been wanting this for quite some time, i really hope Disney say yes. Disney did say, that they woudl mostly focus on mobie/social games. But that dosn't mean they won't give permission to other developers, to make star wars games. Just like Lucasarts gave them permision to make Kotor 2.

10. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    KOTOR II was awesome, esepcially after trying out the Restoration Mod. I can't wait for this new RPG!

Have a little Prince Xizor in it and I'll be happy.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I like all novels, books and games set in between ROTS and ANH. It is an interesting time frame.
    The only thing I do not like is that the game is an RPG. Probably won't play it if it is indeed an RPG.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, we had TFU set between III & IV and that went wayward after the first one. But that timeframe does have a lot of potential

13. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    What! why? o_O
    RPG imo is the best kind of game, Kotor 1 and 2 where rpg, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are rpg's, Mass Effect is an rpg. Not trying to hate, but im curius why that would make you not play it?

14. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Not everyone's into RPGs, mate. Some of us have busy schedules. We don't have the time for RPGs.

15. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Knights Of The Old Republic (the original) was the best experienced i'v had. I'v been waiting a long time for any good news related to SW rpg and this is definitely good news!

Please just shut down SWTOR.

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You don't need more time to play RPGs than any other kind of game. It might take more days to complete but you don't need to sit down for hours at a time.

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    There is already a thread for this. Merging.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I do like RPG. KOTOR1 and KOTOR2 are my favourite games. I love playing games such as Oblivion as well.
    I was refering to massive multiplayer RPGs (such as TOR). I should have explained myself better.
    For some reason, I always manage to get a virus on my PC when everytime I tried to play Galaxies in the past.
    I have a new PC and my virus scanner has been updated, but I am still wary off online RPGs.

19. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I've found that it's harder for me to get into RPGs as I get older but I'm totally on board with this if they ever make it. I've loved all of Avellone's games that I've played. His writing gives me the warm fuzzies.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ahh, you dislike MMORPGs and not RPGs. I wouldn't want an MMORPG either. I play Guild Wars 2 because I played Guild Wars a lot and it's bee free to play from the start with no premium content (I think). I think the only problem you'd have is if you tried to play on a private server that needs you to download software to play on it. I understand your worries, but I think any risks are so negligible these days that I just ignore them.

General Immodet likes this.
  21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd love to have another Obsidian Star Wars adventure but set in the era of Galactic Civil War, bring it! If Lucasarts can have more than games like 1313 under their belt Star Wars gaming will possibly be returning to its prime!

22. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
  23. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    A part of me feels like they should give the "in between EP3 and 4" era a break until the next TFU game and create something during one of the OT movies.

24. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh god no. the OT movies have been done, redone, and reredone to death. if there is any one era that never, ever, ever needs another game it's that one.

and odds are there won't be another TFU game. the team behind it was fired, it didn't really make any money, and disney isn't even remotely about console games. they think that the SWs characters lend themselves best to mobile and social games (which i think is absolute ****, but you know... who cares what people like me think).

while this sounds like it would be pretty awesome, there's pretty much no way it happens what with disney's current stance. which makes me sad.

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This is very, very good news to me.

I like the tones and themes presented by Kotor II even more than the movies themselves, and I was extremely disappointed with how Tor ruined any meaning of Kotor and Kotor II, and basically pissed down their decapitated necks.

Let's hope this idea goes through.