main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kenobi Spin-Off Petition

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Blurb from Graphic (Thanks for it):

Those who sign this petition agree for the development, production and release of a Star Wars film, created by the Walt Disney Company and by Lucasfilm Limited, which is set out of the popular movie series, and focus on the events around the famous character of Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi during the fictional period between the Star Wars Episodes III and IV, played by Actor Ewan McGregor.

Since 1977 not only the legendary figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi has always been very popular, but also performers who have embodied this Character in the past decades. Particular actor Ewan McGregor who give credit to the recent events around the Star Wars Saga, has already expressed interest in a return to his signature role. Due to the enormous interest of countless Star Wars fans around the world should be both the Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm Limited have secured a commercial success.

Check Out the Petition Here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kenobi-movie-spinoff/
    Also like the Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PetitionForStarWarsKenobiSpinoff?ref=tn_tnmn

(P.S. Also let it be know if this movie is made because of this petition I started it!)

2. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    SIGN IT!

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012

Hah.

Graphic likes this.
  4. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Sign it, like it!

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ugh really? The fan's should not be the ones dictating what movies have to be made. As cool as an Obi-Wan spinoff sounds, let the studios decide and not the fans.

6. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    I would tell you that the odds of this working are slim to none, but then I remembered:

[​IMG]

starmin76, klooney, benknobi1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I'm so down for this,especially that Ewan Mcgregor is on the talk show circuit saying he would play Obi-Wan again,lets make it happen.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    signed

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  10. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I too would love to see an Obi-Wan movie, but I think we'd be in serious trouble if the content of the films was determined by fan consensus.

11. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I just hope the whole movie would not be Obi-Wan wondering around the Desert, he would have to have a grand Adventure of some sort, leave Tattooine, prehaps go to Dagobah or Alderran to help with a crisis & of course battle another force user ( Dark Jedi) somewhere in the film.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He'd have to wear a disguise though or something. Maybe they should make a comedy where he dresses in drag to help the rebellion out?

Oh please God no.

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Well we are already getting a Obi-Wan post ROTS book.

yggdrasil311 and Count Yubnub like this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank God at least there was sense to NOT use the White House petition site. That's probably the quickest way for this to fail.

I mean, if we get enough at least someone can take notice and think "Hey, a lot of people support this.. let's do it!"

Graphic likes this.
  15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Ugh... that would be boring. It would just include Obi-Wan fighting a bunch of Tusken Raiders.

Cad Carnage likes this.
  16. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I find your lack of faith disturbing...

klooney and Zane the Reaper like this.
  17. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    lol. Touché. Faith was never my strong suit.

18. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Love Ewan as Kenobi, would be epic seeing him through the Purge, maybe link it with the Fett film.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  19. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I dont want to see anything in Star Wars based on demands from fans who think they are owed something. Let the creative folks to what they do best. Thats what gave us Star Wars to begin with.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Lucasfilm owes me nothing. I just what to see something and this is the best way to do it.

21. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    What the hell is with all the people saying "no"?

Obi-wan is awesome. Ewan McGregor is awesome. That's ALL this petition is saying.

I'd a hundred times over rather see an Obi-Wan movie than a Han Solo or Boba Fett movie, and so would most people. Just because we're trying to raise awareness at Disney for what a bunch of us fans want, doesn't make us entitled or suddenly have a worse opinion on what is Star Wars or what Star Wars should be than other people, or even movie makers.

Just sign the ****ing petition.

klooney and Valairy Scot like this.
  22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Just on this alone, No.

Actually, I wouldn't sign any petition for a movie - but that last line is just too funny to pass up.

LunarMoth likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Sure I'll sign it........... doubt it wil do anything though

benknobi1 and yggdrasil311 like this.
  24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    26 people down. 24974 to go.
    But if this movie was made that would be over two-hundred bucks ready to be spent.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of my two most beloved charcters in all of SW and I imagine I'd give almost anything to see Ewan reprise his role in a stand-alone picture, but you can't possibly know something like that.