main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.17 - Sabotage - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I actually liked Ahsoka's I saved the day.
    Now I feel like some disgusting traitor.

2. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    You find huge spoilers in some of the most unexpected places nowadays...

[​IMG]

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally I thought it was awesome Ahsoka lampshaded saving the day.

QuangoFett likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Indeed he did, the Ithorian bartender.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And now its like the spoiler on my old 89 Supra. Stealthy. I miss that car.

We can review this tomorrow night. =b

6. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Really enjoyed the slow-paced gradual build-up of this episode. It also means that hopefully there won't be any "unnecessary" episodes(like Front Runners in Onderon) and each chunk of the story has something to offer.

To think, we still have: Tarkin, Ventress, Ashoka on the run, Palpatine...seems like this will be a well-paced four episode arc.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Quoting myself because I truly had no idea that Ahsoka would actually utter the declarations of saving Anakin and the day out of her own mouth!

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And they say karma is a witch right?

9. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I have to say that I was disappointed in this episode. It started off well, offered up some more insight into the bad feeling towards Jedi near the end of the Clone Wars, but it ended way too quickly without any real conclusion. Sure, we know how the explosion happened, who caused it and who caused that individual to cause it (being vague to account for those who haven't seen the episode yet), but why did that person decide to target the Jedi in the first place? That question goes unanswered and everyone involved is okay with that? I don't buy it.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Was it pessimistic of me to suspect the droid as the baddie?

pronker, V-2, Order66Survivor and 4 others like this.
  11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm sure that subject will be covered in next weeks episode or sometime in this story arc ;)

12. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Overall, this was an ok episode. I enjoyed watching it, but not much really happened. I suspect this will be another 4 parter that could have easily been 3 episodes long.

I thought the idea of the nano-bots and the wife feeding it to her husband was scary, but not very Star Warsy, felt like a Star Trek plot. I don’t think Nano-bots belong in Star Wars universe, it’s to high teck.

I think Ashokas line, about the suspect running making it clear she is guilty, will be what happens to her. People will assume Ashoka is guilty since she will run away.

Nice to have Anakin back, I had forgotten how much I like this version of the character, Matt Lanter owns the role now.

7/10

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    you do know this is the 1st episode out of 4?

14. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Those temple guard people were freaky looking.

15. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Disappointed in the less then a second cameo for Rex still. It's pretty damn disappointing that was the first time all season we saw him in full armor.

16. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    This was pretty good. Cato Nemoidia was a total waste though; seriously, this buzz droid drivel literally took up the first 1/4th of the episode where it could've been effectively used to show the explosion and VERY STRONG HINTS of it being a Jedi to build up suspense.

And I do like the hints towards the (unknowing) Ivory Tower complex the Jedi Order might have, especially after seeing the living conditions of the support staff compared to the absurdly spacious and grand Temple. Even the Council seems too ignorant to realize this. Will no one point out the huge contradiction for Jedi being "humble" when they have all THIS?

The main problem with the show is it seems to bring up things that are necessary to explain the atmosphere for Episode 3, yet don't seem to exist in any other episode except the arc it's presented in. Where is this resentment in earlier episodes or even the movies? Is there a reason for this growing rift between the Jedi and the Republic? Maybe Dooku and Krell as already said, but we haven't seen anyone bringing them up to put down the Jedi at all.

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    SpecialOpsUnit
    Exactly! Why was he even in the concept art? Will we actually see him using that jetpack being portrayed in the concepts?

Seerow likes this.
  18. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Pretty enjoyable episode. I like these sleuth detective stories, and wish we'd see more of them, as it represents to me a more interesting line of work for the Jedi than just slaughtering droids ad nauseam. But it's a kid show, so I get it.

-Really enjoy the Coruscant shots. The more I see, the more I want, lol. Really hope Star Wars 1313 doesn't get canned. In this episode alone, there's so much improvement of the city and crowd shots on Coruscant than in the earlier seasons.

-I like that we're finally bringing up very important issues surrounding the Clone Wars: The Jedi and their role in the war and society, as well as growing discontent among the public. Great seeing protestors and hopefully we'll see more.

-Speaking of Jedi, I think there is a lot more you can further explore about their roles within the political system, too. I mean, you have two Jedi who basically conduct a home invasion? I get they're investigating suspects, but their approach is just begging for negative public reaction. As a galactic citizen, I would not be in favor of them conducting such investigations. Of course, "search warrant" might be a foreign concept in-universe, but even if it is, it's still wrong they can just barge into a citizen's home like.

- And why are some of the Jedi surprised that the Jedi Temple could be bombed? We're talking about the center of the galactic universe, Coruscant, and how many times have we seen, in this show alone, important facilities and buildings attacked, damaged, or infiltrated? I mean, a non-Force using bounty hunter infiltrated and stole a Holocron lol!! If that happens, it doesn't seem as far fetched that a bombing in the temple would occur.

-Did we get any info as to why people suspected a Jedi might be behind the attack? Or is it one of those things that we're told and we just have to accept?

rumblewagon and Order66Survivor like this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I don't think that happened.

This was a nice contextualiser episode, that's about it.
    Cato Neimodia wa used cheaply as a springboard for a currently less interesting investigation.
    It was cool to see Obi-Wan and Shaak Ti attend the Council meeting via the Holonet
    Sora Bulq was in the background. :p
    Also, it was very cool to see Cin Drallig in charge of Temple security, though I hope we see Gate Master Jurrokk, too.

20. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Why didn't Anakin just use the force to push the buzz droids off during Episode III?

21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Because in space, there is no gravity to 'push' ?

22. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    You don't need gravity to use the Force. Remember in the Malevolence trilogy where Plo Koon used the Force to rotate a nearby escape pod?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    or maybe filoni loves plo kool a bit too much hahaha

Bo-Katan likes this.
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Are you freaking kidding me? I did not know all those characters were coming into play in this arc. This is pissing me off now. Ridiculous. Please fix this someone. Discussing anything past this episode is supposed to off-limits in this thread.

I just went from :rolleyes: to :mad:.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I hate to say it Tarkas, but you entered this thread at your own risk. Yes, there is a policy prohibiting discussing elements of future episodes in current episode threads, but it happens anyway. Not everyone knows all the rules, and some people have a different perception of what is and is not a spoiler. I can see why you consider that information a spoiler, even though I personally don't, and I'm not trying to be spoiler free as much as you are anyway. I've said to other strictly non-spoiler poeple that it's best to avoid any thread in LACWAC where major spoilers could lie in wait. Yes, it's very difficult and excludes you from a lot of the discussion, but it's the unfortunate price one must pay to stay spoiler-free. As I've said before, that's just the harsh reality of the internet, and especially on a message board such as this.