main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Sure he can.

Vader says find Obi wan, Boba finds Ben, they fight, Ben fakes his death like he did all those years ago to Jango, leaves a little trophy for proof. Boba tells Vader Obi wan is dead

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Indeed. It would have to be Boba just discovering a hidden Jedi on Tatooine and then trying to kill him himself, because of what the Jedi did to his Dad. Stormies can be around, the Imperial presence can be felt, but they sure as hell cannot know Obi (or any Jedi) is there. Especially in close proximity to the Lars Homestead where Shmi is buried.

If I was Vader and found out Obi was on Tatooine, close to Anakin's *kind of* family home, it would certainly interest me enough to command an investigation...

Echo-07 and Darth Lycan like this.
  3. Revenge of the Dak

Nov 27, 2012
    Sure, but Vader would only know if Boba told him where he was. If he did, I would asume Vader would think Tatoonie was the last place he would look for Obi wan. I don't think he would want to go anywhere near there...too many bad memories, IMO

4. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    If Vader hired Fett, then Fett would report any findings to Vader. I'm basing this on hiring people to do a job (any job) in the real world. As in, if you hire a private detective he would report ALL his findings back to you. :)

IF Vader did hire Fett, and Boba found Obi on Tatooine it would just add to the whole hiding Luke in the family home, allowing Luke to keep his birth surname... However, if Boba finds Obi off his own back it's a different kettle of fish.

Also, I didn't say Vader would go there, just command an investigation ;)

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  5. Revenge of the Dak

Nov 27, 2012
    Sorry, I boned up what I was trying to say. Did not mean to put words in your mouth.

If Vader hired Boba, I'm sure he would need/want details. But, why would he need to send a investigation party? If Obi wan is dead there would be no need to investigate further or for him to ever go back. It could be, as far as Vader knows, the only jedi left is Obi wan. Yoda is assumed dead throughout the entire OT. Vader and Palps only refer to Obi wan when taunting Luke about his training. I think it could work...

Then again, if there is just a bounty on Obi wans head and Boba is trying to collect that's another story.

Either way, this is fun to think/talk about! Good stuff! :)

StoneRiver likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Correct. Or unless he stars in a stand-alone set in the early post-ROTJ timeline. Honestly, I think I'd enjoy this even more than a film set between III-IV, IV-V or V-VI. I said this in another thread, but the idea of watching as Boba Fett emerges from the Sarlaac, regains his strength and then consolidates his power in the Outer Rim and the Coruscant Underworld sounds like a premise I'd be much more in favor of. With the added political intrigue of the emerging New Republic, the Imperial remnant and the vacuum created in the underworld as a result of the death of Jabba the Hutt, there would be more at stake than just bounty hunting, offering the writers an awful lot to draw from to support a story the length of a feature film.

I say leave any 'coming of age' chronicle of Boba honing his hunting skills during the Jedi Purge for the Live Action television series.

As far as any potential role for Boba Fett in the ST, I'd like to make it clear that, even with all of my pining and stumping for an appearance, I've never envisioned him as the new 'Big Bad.' No, in my mind, Fett would have more of a B-type, character role which would be a step up from his roles in the OT, while adding much-needed depth to his on-screen persona. As I've said, I could see Fett in the role of Mand'alore, rallying his people to side with the NJO and the New Republic against the common threat of the main antagonist. I've also considered Fett as a crime lord who the 'good guys' have to convince to assist in the war effort. Something small enough not to distract from the new characters, while being substantial enough to add some weight to his story and please his many fans. Leave Boba Fett's starring role for the stand-alone project I hope we get to see one day.

7. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Totally. great convo!

My thinking of the investigation would be because of the close proximity of Ben's locale to the Lars Homestead. If Vader found out he was so close thru hiring Boba who found Obi's hut, I would have thought it would have at least made him go huh? Then send the investigation and he'd find out a young boy called Skywalker is there. In the same place that his mother is buried. Then surely he'd have to wonder if he is at least related and more than likely send a second investigation?

All total conjecture of course [face_laugh]

8. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    With a Boba Fett spinoff movie on the horizon, I would like to see his character gain his rightful share of redemption. In terms of toy, book, and other merchadaise sales, Boba Fett ranks in the top 2 behind only possibly Darth Vader. This is impressive for a character who got extactly 5 lines and less than 3 minutes of total screentime spread over two films.

His demise in ROTJ was not well thought out, it makes no sense that the greatest, most feared Bounty Hunter alive had such a weak ending. Now we must demand that it was not a ending at all, it was a beginning because the Boba Fett movie must be set right after the events of ROTJ !!

1.) After escaping the Sarlacc Fett could go on a hunt for his ship which could have been stolen along with all the other riches at Jabbas palace.

2.) Instead of going after Solo & Skywalker Fett could lay low, & go after others in the underworld who owe him and set the record straight on who is still the top dog in the bounty Hunting business.......

3.) A film showing his escape & redemption is the only way to go, a prequel set before Jedi would be a waste as his demise would taint anything that he did in the film..........

9. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I'm still not sure why so many people love the character of Boba Fett either…

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm kind of with you here. I agree that a stand-alone set in the early post-ROTJ/Sarlaac timeline is, for purposes of both characterization and story, by far the best way to go. To me, this is true for a myriad of reasons, with watching Fett finally crawl his way out of that pit being just one.

11. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Despite my clever user name and pesky avatar, I disagree. Fett died like a chump in ROTJ, and we must accept it. There's no more story after that. I'm fine with explorations of what happened to him after AOTC up to his unfortunate demise, but that's the end of it. I don't buy any tough-guy resourcefulness given his panicky scream after Han tapped his jet-pack sending him wildly flailing into the Sarlaac. He looks cool, flies a dope ship...but he's pretty hapless. Lucky, to some extent, but hapless. He has too much of his father in him, as it were.

12. BosskHunter2

BosskHunter2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed. Just because he's a great bounty hunter doesn't mean he can't go out on a fluke.

13. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Me neither. I don't get it. To me there are many better characters for spin off movies.

14. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    And plus, he's no where near as badass as Cad Bane and Embo. Seriously, have them in the new trilogy. Or at least come up with a new bounty hunter that everyone will like.

Air Jedi likes this.
  15. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Perhaps when Dengar helped nurse Boba back to health, they had a conversation like this.

Serously though, I think Boba should stay dead in the Sarlacc, but would love a spin-off about the struggles of delivering Han to Jabba, or helping Vader with the Jedi Purge.

Lord Optimus and Air Jedi like this.
  16. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I liked the short story of old Han running into old Boba for a final shoot out, gunslinger style. Can anyone remember what book that was?

Graphic likes this.
  17. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Give me a break, Cad Bane is a cartoon. Boba Fett would skin him alive. One possible plot point that could be revealed in the spinoff is Fetts Jetpack was sabotaged. That would explain why it rocketed out of control when Solo wacked it with that staff,it would also set up a reason for Fett to go after the one who would dare sabotage his equipment and have his vengence.

18. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Why does everyone have to be redeemed? Can't someone just be an *****, without having some purification needed?

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

2 films, you don't count the incredible development he got in the Special Edition of ANH [face_shame_on_you]
    You'll be saying Han shot first next :p

20. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Tales of the Bounty Hunters

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I nver got why the EU represents Boba Fett as a heroe in some novels and comics.
    He seems to be a man of honour who takes up the title of Mandalore and even helps training Jaina Solo.
    In my opinion, Boba Fett should have stayed the 'bad guy'.

22. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Technically, so is Boba Fett.

[​IMG]

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, absolutely. Anybody can meet their destinies in a less than heroic manner and even though Fett was, indeed, fairly inept in Jedi (after proving himself capable in ESB), I don't feel Boba Fett requires any 'redemption,' as it were. That's never been my issue with it.

My (and many of we who enjoy the EU) issue is that he never did "go out." Whatever George Lucas' initial intentions, he was quick to later tell us Boba survived and this leaves an awful lot of room left for his story post-ROTJ. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, but after years of believing what I've read, seeing his survival depicted on-screen would be pretty neat.

InterestingLurker - I've enjoyed Cad Bane's exploits in TCW quite a bit and a small part of me thinks it would serve Boba to take Bane out before the show's run is up (though I think there are any number of better choices for Bane's fate), but in my view, if anyone is looking for a fan-favorite who has done even less than Boba Fett on-screen so far, Embo is quite possibly the most perfect, shining example.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It would serve Boba to attain his iconic armor and gain respect as a bounty hunter by the end of the show. There are many ways to "gain respect" and it woudn't serve Bane at all if he were killed by a 13 year-old upstart. If Bane were to die before the end of the Clone Wars, he would just become another Darth Maul in the sense that there was still so much potential(and Bane still has that) before his death. Bane is one of the shining examples of what makes TCW great and there's no reason why he has to die before the end of the show.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Boba Fett is rotting in the Sarlacc pit and that's where he should remain IMO. He's an interesting and mysterious character but I hate resurrecting dead characters. I would much rather have him as a main character in the LAS. That way we can see his rise and find out why he's supposed to be the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.