main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Maybe its a Chiss... Duros world :p

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, after last week's awesome lightsaber duel, its back to being the Ahsoka show, so not much interesting here.

Without the opening narration, I'd almost think the Republic was invading that planet, not defending it (and the Republic attacking Cato Neimodia would make sense... well, outside of TCW's it would make sense). Just wish it hadn't ripped off that RotS scene, and for Anakin to get knocked unconscious in ten seconds, but then most Jedi are easily disabled in this show (aside from a certain Padawan).

Nice to see an actual starfighter again, as well as Rex (even if its a five second cameo), as well as references to Dooku and Krell as fallen Jedi. And the holo reconstruction was cool, although aside from that, the tech seems a bit... unusual for Star Wars. Not to mention being a gruesome way to die. A few morals/messages throughout, and huh, forgot they had Cin Drallig (that was him, right?) in this show.

GGrievous likes this.
  3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Not strange, considering the show was going to star Ahsoka before Lucas got involved and insisted on having the movie characters as main cast instead. Nice to see Filoni inserting the original idea more often than not.

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Thoughts on the episode:
    • "Cato Neimoidia is under Separatist attack!" lolololololol
    • Cool to see the Seppie capital ships operating in-atmosphere, though.
    • Either the Jedi are really bad at putting out fires, or it's a very quick hyperjump from Cato Neimoidea to Coruscant
    • Explosion replay holo is cool
    • More Coruscant undercity is always a good thing
    • Not quite sure how this will tie into the remaining episodes. Seems like a side story more than anything.

GGrievous likes this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    This

And the CIS attacking its own planets again seems legit...

Esg likes this.
  6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    This continued nonsense about the Trade Federation not being part of the Confederacy is more than mildly irritating. This ***t is irritating enough to make me start swearing, so CooperTFN, prepare to be entained.

I mean seriously, who the ***k comes up with this stuff? Stuff like this makes me happy that Uncle George stepped down. He contradicts his own movies and apparently continues to retcon his own work. First, TCW makes the Trade Federation neutral, with nominal Republic membership. Then there is that stupid decree that Dave Fioni mentioned that stated George ordered that there could be no more TF battleships shown in the Seppie fleets in TCW. Now, Cato Neimoidia, shown in ROTS to be one of the last bastions of the Separatist Alliance, is now a Republic member world under attack?

I swear, if it wasn't for the fact that these episodes are visually stunning and include a wonderful musical track, I would of stopped watching them ages ago.

Rant over. We are now returning to your regularly scheduled AdmiralNick22.

--Adm. Nick

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Exactly he would've swung and hit the guy walking behind him

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Cato Neimoidia may have never been under the control of the Trade Federation.

Cato Neimoidia =/= Neimoidia =/= All Neimoidians =/= Trade Federation

For all we know, Cato Neimoidia has been the home of pro-Republic Neimoidians, with most of the anti-Republic Neimoidians on Neimoidia... and Cato Neimoidia is simply under occupation in the later stages of the Clone Wars.

Or perhaps the Republican invaded and took it over early on, and now the Separatists are attacking to take it back.

MercenaryAce and Random Comments like this.
  9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  10. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The Trade Federation is not neutral, Filoni & George.

That is all.

From G-canon: Dooku: "Our Friends from the Trade Federation have pledged their support."
    Our Friends from the Trade Federation.
    Our Friends from the Trade Federation.

12. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't even remember the TF being mentioned in this episode.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If Filoni is telling the truth regarding 'no more TF battlecruisers in CIS fleets," I would very much like to hear George's explanation for the TF battlecruisers above Coruscant in ROTS.​

14. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Support they packaged carefully. Presumably all that Separatist materiel with Trade Federation logos on the side was 'seized' early in the war or 'purchased' by nameless holding companies beforehand. Then the Trade Federation declared massive carryover losses every year of the Clone Wars, allowing them to both stay in the Republic senate and run interference for Dooku, and totally skimp on their taxes at the same time.

So Lott Dodd keeps his nominal post, even though just about everyone who cares to know is aware he's shilling for Dooku more or less full time, a point TCW makes fairly plain.

As for Cato Nemoidia, it is located deep in the Core. Possibly it (and other Trade Federation worlds like it) stayed nominally loyal for much of the war because the CIS was not in a military position to secure hold something that is effectively way behind enemy lines. Other sources establish that later in the war, which is where we seem to be, Grievous invaded the Core. The CIS moving to launch 'invasions' of their suppossedly neutral systems in order to mobilize assets stored there at this point actually makes a certain amount of sense.

Darth_Martus and Random Comments like this.
  15. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe that the explanation was that by the end of the war, with the prospect of the Confederacy losing, the TF was getting desperate enough to start actively contributing ships to the war cause. Or something nonsensical like that. :rolleyes:

GGrievous, Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    At Celebration, Filoni joked that if Lucas did a ROTS Special Edition, he'd remove the TF battleships digitally...

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That kind of nonsense is what has convinced me to give up on canon.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Esg and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  19. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Why not digitally replace Anakin with Ahsoka while we're at it?

Ulicus , Zorrixor, Esg and 3 others like this.
  20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    She is the Chosen One.

Mechalich Well connecting with this episode -- the issue with TCW and the TF is that it is indeed portrayed neutral, with original CIS worlds, such as Cato Neimoidia, being wrongfully shown as neutral and/or Republic controlled. I would buy that (if it's properly written/explained) the Republic had captured the planet during the war, and the CIS wanted to retake it. However, as it stands now, the CIS is blatantly attacking its own planet, and this isn't the first time TCW has done something like this.

21. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I wonder if, once the dust settles on this Disney buyout, actions will be taken to moderate just how freaking weird George got towards the end. I mean, if we've got Filoni voicing open disconent, I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes. We're almost certainly heading towards a cadaver synod once he's out of the picture for good.

Not only does the concept of an attempt to relieve Cato Nemodia not make sense, but the visuals don't match up, either. Those CIS ships were in the atmosphere, tethered to platforms - not a position one places their assault ships in if there are any hostile forces ripe for orbital bombarding still on the planet.

I maybe would have liked this rather boring episode better if they had the Law and Order inter-scene CHA-CHUNK play.

Perhaps the best thing the Clone Wars have done, besides some of the Mandalorian retcons (there, I've said it!), is to show us the Coruscant undercity in its full, scuzzy glory. Are we still getting that Dark Times undercity game? Because that looked awesome, and no one talks about it anymore.

That kid with the lightsaber in the hallway at the end was more than just distracting: it was symbolic of everything that is wrong with the use of CG in Star Wars.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Dod they do another YouTube chat video thing after the episode today?

23. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I suddenly have this horrible mental image of them reinserting Shaak Ti's deleted death scene and re-dubbing Anakin's line from "Shaak Ti." to "Ashoka".

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Once I found out about Ahsoka and that she was a Togruta, that thought crossed my mind.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    More like Shaak Ti died in between AotC and RotS and the Togruta on the Council in RotS is Ahsoka.