main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I wouldn't mind a padawan Qui-Gon/Master Dooku movie - not my first choice but not my last. Better than Boba, IMHO.

2. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Yoda remains a mistery and so a story that rerace his origin make sense and will draw the attention of the SW fandom and even a global audience that's for sure. That's a winning formula for Lucasfilm/Disney. In the EU, I think Yoda is a central character in only on book which is named: Yoda: Dark Rendez-vous. So the character has been barely touched.

But for a spin-off about Han Solo, I must say that it isn't necessery. There is already an excellent trilogy about the character called: The Han Solo trilogy by Ann C. Crispin. It is what can be considered SW of very good taste with interesting intrigues and twists and truns. So I see no need to rewritte the past of Han Solo... It would be a pity. If spin-off about solo there must be, why not adapt the books into films? That seems to me a good idea. Some respect for the EU is needed please!

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Tarantino really can now do a Star Wars movie

[​IMG]

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, nothing earth shattering, but for some reason this article got me really excited all over again. I guess I just have a lot of faith in these writers. Perhaps my overconfidence is my weakness, or my faith in the writers is. :)

5. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    You know, I thought it sounded extremely stupid when I first heard about it and even that first episode when he returned. "Spider-Maul? Off his rocker? This isn't Darth Maul!". But I stuck with it and like many others who decided to just give it a shot and go along for the ride, I found an intriguing, deeply compelling character arc in Maul's Return.

This is a man who was cut in half and left for dead 12 years prior and only kept alive by his hatred, force of will, and Will of the Force. When we catch up with him, he's in the depths of madness and the next few episodes are spent dealing with that and his desire for revenge against Kenobi.

Really though it was only this season after the second episode of his latest arc when he truly became utterly fascinating to watch! As we see him devise and subsequently execute his new plans for the galaxy, we finally see why Sidious chose Maul as his apprentice.

In The Phantom Menace we only saw an attack dog but a Sith Lord needs the whole package! Strategy, deception, intimidation, negotiation, and brute force are all brought to bear in a way that is so compelling that the only negative to this whole arc are the pangs of regret I feel when I imagine the way the prequels COULD have been.

I cannot recommend these latest episodes highly enough!

6. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Why are people confusing this as merely a Disney desire? Lucas didn't just get bought out by Disney, he decided to sell the company partly to jumpstart the franchise and allow more stories and content galore. Why is this a bad thing and being now considered as a "money grab"? Hasbro has been milking STAR WARS (and GI Joe and Transformers and everything else it buys up) for the past several years. "Revenge of the Jedi" figures line, "Fan Favorites", "Vintage Collection", another Vader, another R2 unit, (another Snake Eyes, another Beach Head), etc. What do people want, more video releases and more books and more visual dictionaries of the same stuff?

7. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Yarna D'al Gargan solo film.

Yeah, I just made you google.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should do a faithful adaptation of The Glove of Darth Vader.

When I'm dead.

9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I would hate to leave our fates in the hands of your rather fragile existence.

Darth Chiznuk and Graphic like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I'm 96 years old, and I am going to die in the next day or so.

Krueger likes this.
  13. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    You could be in perfect shape, and step in front of a bus tomorrow. Then what? THEN WHAT?!?! CHANNING TATUM AS TRIOCULUS?!?!

Won't Someone Please Think Of The Children?!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They're also going to have Justin Bieber and Nickleback write the soundtrack.

15. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I can see the opening crawl now- "Dark Greetings have been bid to the galaxy . . ."

16. MasAnuca

MasAnuca Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2013
  17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh yes, a Chewbacca spinoff movie. If there's one thing we've learned from the Holiday Special, it's that Wookiees are incredibly compelling characters when they're on their own.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But I want a movie about Lumpy! :_|

lbr789 likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed. I do find it interesting that they mention EU characters on businessinsider.com of all places.

20. MasAnuca

MasAnuca Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2013
    thats why i had to put it up! I saw Revan and the mention of Nihlius and Traya and was like, this..this is legit right here

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I hope they won't because if we get a Children of the Jedi movie...we're FUBAR.

LawJedi likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    The children can fend for themselves. :)

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They should make a Babies of the Jedi movie with talking babies.

24. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Star Wars: Look Who's Tarkin

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Baby Tarkin voiced by Bruce Willis?