main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Barefoot Squadron - The Tahiri Veila Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rew, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I'm curious what the future holds for her. :)
    Yet I still have to read Ascension 8-}

2. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    I too curiously enough that will further be with Tahiri. In general from she was got not bad Imperial Knight if not Pelleon's murder. Think that to Jedi her already don't care is not returned...
    And it is necessary will honour Ascencion

3. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Can't believe it's now 10 years since SbS was released and Tahiri had to go through all that chaos on her own and alone.

4. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    Speaking of this: I read an interview with Troy Denning recently in which he stated he had written an alternate ending to Invincible in which flow walking is used to bring Anakin Solo back to life.

Denning felt so bad about being tasked with having to kill both of the Solo brothers that he wanted to find a way to redeem at least one of their deaths. I have to say, if there is one piece of unpublished literature I'm dying to read - it's that alternate ending. Hands down. I really want to read just how exactly he's brought to life and what the effect has on Tahiri considering everything she had gone through by the end of that book to even get a glimpse of him.

5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I have a question for a fanfic story I am working on and I wasn't sure where to ask, but hopefully you guys will know. Did Tahiri ever have a nickname? (Like "Jasa" for Jacen or "Jaya" for Jaina.) What about Anakin Solo? Do you know if he ever went by "Ani" or any other nickname? Thanks!

6. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    IIRC both have not really a nickname.
    Tahiri called Anakin several times "dummy"

7. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Thanks, Maggy. That was the sense I got from reading fanfic and wandering these boards.

8. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    You're welcome :D
    send me a PM when you have started posting your story. Always happy to see some A/T ;)

9. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    I'd be happy to, though my question was probably misleading - I actually wanted to know Anakin's nickname and Tahiri's nickname for different, unrelated stories. And unfortunately Anakin is deceased in both of them.

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    doh! me then
    but Tahiri is great as well so PM me anyway :D

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Tahiri has lately been growing on me. I actually liked dark side Tahiri in Invincible and loved it when Mirta called her a dark side slut. She's good so far in FOTJ. I'm only on Allies though. I liked her the most in Outcast when she joined Jaina's little strike team to capture Seff Hellin. It's nice to see Jaina still accepting Tahiri after what she had done as a Sith.

12. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I love Tahiri, I have read the entire FotJ series and IMO she was great.

13. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Why does she walk around barefoot?

14. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Tahiri was raised by the Tusken Raiders on Tatooine, where she had to wear shoes all the time because of the hot sand. She used to hate them with passion, always prefering to walk with bare feet.
    After she was vongformed she changed a bit in that regard (mostly because of the second personality, which became part of her, I think), although I personally believe they just forgot the whole "walking-barefoot"-part at some point and it was more accidently it was rarely mentioned again...

I always loved Tahiri but I have to admit I could hardly stand her in LotF. I didn't care much for how she was written in there.
    I did love the storyarc with the Yuuzhan Vong back in the NJO, so I was just annoyed how LotF did potray her, ignoring everything positive Yuuzhan Vong-related from that time. She was tortured by them - yes. But in difference to Jacen a part of her IS Yuuzhan Vong, she is Tahiri and she is Riina, which is never mentioned again.
    But well... Yuuzhan Vong are rarely mentioned at all.

15. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    How? The Vong are mentioned a lot in the post NJO books.

16. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    The war against them is mentioned a lot, I agree about that.But we don't learn anything about them in their current time. The last time I read of Zonama Sekot was in Dark Nest. The first time we see a Vong is in "Mercy Kill" if I remember right. I'm not sure if there is one in Dark Nest, but I know there was none in LotF or Millenium Falcon.

I think, that's a bit disappointing.

17. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    I do think it's strange they don't mention Riina, but they do mention Tahiri's bare feet in Conviction, if I remember correctly.

18. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  19. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    ^ I love that picture.

Tahiri's bare feet were also mentioned in Allies. Which I'm currently reading now!

20. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love Tahiri, she is nice, cute, hot... what could you go wrong?

benknobi1 likes this.
  21. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Finished Allies. I'm taking a little break from FOTJ and am reading Star By Star. Interested to see what happens after Tahiri on the Mission to Mrykr.

22. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    Star by Star is one of my favorite books!:) Have you read it before?

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Tahiri is one of my favorite characters behind Anakin Solo. It's criminal what has happened to her since TUF ended.
    I think she needs a new boyfriend even though I will ship Anakin/Tahiri forever. I wouldn't mind seeing her going 100% Vong like in Anakin's vision except Anakin won't be around to save her.

24. awesomejedi

Nov 7, 2012
    I think it would be sad if she had a boyfriend other than Anakin. It would all her hardships less meaningful, IMO.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't like it but it is needed. We need to see how she can handle being with someone else. She was 99% over Anakin in NJO but to be 100% able to be over him she needs to be in a relationship with someone else. We've wasted 15+ years since SBS in-universe. She was over it by the end of the NJO and then the writers have since ruined her. Being Jacen's apprentice, being manipulated to join him because of the flow-walking and then the trial. Those acts ruined her character and made the struggles of NJO less meaningful. If she got with someone who actually cared for her like Anakin did it would do wonders for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.