main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Commentary for Episode Discussion: S05E17

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The commentaries often contain little spoilers and hints about the future and they spawn speculator discussions , so I'm creating a thread to discuss the episode commentary posted on the OS separately. This should be a good trial run. If successful then from now on commentary discussions will do separate from the regular episode thread like this.

This arc shows more of the rise of the empire. Wait until you see the end of this one. Wow. This was actually a great commentary. I liked the detailed Filoni went into with the riot and about not painting the heroes with such a bright brush.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm intrigued to see where this goes from here.

3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope this continues through out the rest of the series. It would be great to see them finally break the Republic = good/Separatist = bad mold on the show.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Every time he says "Wait until you see the ending..."; Damn you Filoni!

Seerow likes this.
  5. Phlegon

Phlegon Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2013
    When was the last time he said this...?

6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Not literally...

7. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I'm sorry but Filoni's talk seems a bit flimsy. We saw this "gray area" superficially addressed four years ago which no one probably remembers anymore on isolated worlds. How is it "building up" all this time when they seem to take it season by season rather than make a thematically cohesive multi-season arc? It just seems out of left field.

Stuff from the comics like the Jabiim disaster or more scenes of the public finding out about Krell or pointing out Dooku...or Sora Bulq or Depa or some other Jedi that went dark would be nice.

Of course, the bigger elephant in the room is the people's absurd ignorance of how their damn government works; the Jedi are a huge public face on the war as well as the clones, but it was the Chancellor who got the EMERGENCY POWERS and declared war! But is the public protesting the Jedi's incompetence or the prolonging of the war itself? Does Palpatine control every single goddamned plan for the military? Do they really have no long-term plan to beat the CIS?

Garth Maul likes this.
  8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm starting to get very apprehensive about the ending and not sure I want to see it.
    Yes, but the Chancellor seems to control the media propaganda since his face and speeches are omni-present on those big video screens all over Coruscant.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Going by "Padawan Lost" where Palp's face is up on the video billboard and he's making a speech to tell people the Jedi are not prolonging the war to gain more power in the Government. I'd say as the war has dragged on the populous has remained wary of that. The Jedi are being treated as scapegoats. Thus they are getting atleast partial blame for the violence, the Republic's bankruptcy (because the war goes on), and because perhaps people can't separate the Jedi IU from their old roles as peace keepers. They are running the Republic military directly instead.