main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013

Okay, fair enough.

2. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Do we really want t o hear Carrie talk that much? Years of smoking ruined her sexy sweet voice she had, unless they cann digitally alter it.

3. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I hope they are together and have at least 2 kids

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Am I the only one to think of Leia and Han as not being that romantically inclined? Sure Han went from being a selfish smuggler to a dedicated Rebel but after everything settled down and the Rebellion transitioned into a new Republic or whatever, then what? I can see Han getting a wanderlust and Leia getting dedicated to her work. We've all seen what look like "happily ever after" relationships completely dissolve after either a year or ten years. Perhaps Han and Leia could have parted years ago but then through circumstances in the Trilogy, could get thrown back together. That would provide drama and weight.

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Do we have to romanticize the seven year itch? Nothing sounds more depressing than the Heroes of Yavin being divorced, and having to split time with the kids. Can't we have even a drop of happy monogamy in these movies?

And good lord, JJ, please don't turn Han and Leia into a cliche Spielberg divorced parents drama.

6. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Is that what did it?

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think they will continue the love/hate dynamic between the 2, that is too important to the story to go away. Helplessly drawn to each other, but always sniping at each other; classic opposites attract type of relationship: the loose-lipped, irreverent maverick pirate that is wild about the hot princess, and the steadfastly loyal, hardworking, willful, dutiful princess that can't stand the fact that she is crazy about a bad boy.

I am more or less a closet SW fan (never had friends that cared for it past about the 7th grade when ROTJ came out and was big), I was never the geeky type. As one who was definitely a bad boy in my younger years (yes, I had to eventually grow up), the dynamic between the 2 is near and dear to me. Good girls and bad boys just have chemistry, like it or hate it, that is the way it is.

If they do start apart, they will not end up that way. Han and Leia are as classic of an American romance as Rhett and Scarlett; no way they are breaking that up permanently.

Vastor likes this.
  8. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Yes, unfortunately.

Its sad though - there are some actresses of the same age and era that didn't indulge in drugs and alcohol as much and retained their beauty and voice.

Carrie ruined herself.

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Let's not overstate the case. Genetics are a big part of that too; lots of folks that abused drugs still look decent (and lots of folks who didn't abuse drugs look terrible), and I think she isn't horrible for someone that age (lots of us don't look as good as we once did). I think with some "maintenance," she will look fine for the movie.

10. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    This.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should make a War of the Roses spin-off where Han and Leia try to kick eachother out of their own house, and Danny DeVito plays the lawyer in the middle of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    Lets not turn Han and Leia into the crap that is the latest season of The Office.

13. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Ok, let's at least try not to say completely awful things about other human beings, please.

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Or at least friggin' google search her name, so you know of what you speak. She's a diagnosed bi-polar sufferer- and lots of them self-medicate before they get real help. All of which she acknowledges.

J_Girl, Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Correct. In fact, she was such a severe case, she had ECT.

Darth Chiznuk and krtmd like this.
  16. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    You think we'd be rooting for her to triumph, instead of checking her waist size and asking whether she can fit into a bikini.

J_Girl, krtmd and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's drooling whiny fanboys for you.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very well said, LawJedi. =D==D= Instead of ridiculing her for her personal struggles can we not applaud her for her triumph over said struggles? Can we not welcome her back to a character we all love and wish her well for her future?

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hell yes - [face_party]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I like this opportunity for her to come through all of her struggles and once again be a huge star on the big screen later in her life. I don't know how she feels about the situation, but I hope it all works out.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, Rhett did walk out on Scarlett in the end, and she didn't really love anyone aside from her house. Change some of those words to "Han", "Leia" and "Falcon". Maybe also toss "Chewbacca" in there.

22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Totally different character trajectories, dude.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah,I was just being a busybody cuz I literally just watched it again for the first time in, like, over a decade a few days ago.

"IT WAS TARA! TARA! TARA!"

24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wasn't comparing the actual sequence of events in the 2 romances. I was talking about the stature/significance of the romances in American popular culture.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I find the idea of Leia and Han not being together at first intriguing. if so, however IMO they should definitely end up together at the end...

perhaps Leia is a Jedi, which would possibly be a reason they're not together. or perhaps as was Mentioned before Han may have gone back to a smuggler life and Leia returned to a life of politics and they simply became alienated from one another over the years.

As long as they end up together I'm cool with however it ends up being. (assuming that They are even main characters in the story...)