main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor John Noble to play villian?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SoWizard, Feb 6, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved this guy in ROTK. He woud be a good choice as a villain. But who or what will he be, hmm?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Man, I hope they don't go through with these stand-alones. I smell epic failure.

They should just make trilogies based on a whole group of people from different eras than on just characters we already know.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    The Episodes are the only ones we know are happening, no?

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope so, but rumors are stirring that they will be making these stand-alones too, which I think is a bad idea.

5. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Honestly? The Fett spin-off. Just from the premise it sounds like it will be more along the lines of what I personally want from Star Wars than the Sequel Trilogy will be. Probably.

But it is really cool waking up in the morning and remembering Episode VII is being made,

6. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
  7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hmmm probably for Episode VII-IX
    Followed by Fett and Vader then Han and Yoda

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I am utterly excited for the sequels. Can't wait to see where they are going. After that Han's movie intrigues me the most.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm only interested in the continuation of the Saga (Episodes VII-IX). While the spin-offs may turn out to be worthy additions in their own right, at the moment I'm very uneasy about them being made. I believe they will be more of a detriment than anything else. But again, I may be proven wrong. We'll see.

10. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Im just worried about re-casting in the spinoffs. If you do Yoda during the Clone Wars, is it going to be without Ewan, Natalie, Hayden, Ian, Samuel? Then thats lame.

If you do Boba - will it be with no OT cast?

Han you would obviously need to recast, but what about Leia or Lando or anyone else?

Lots of questions in these spinoffs, that could be troublesome...

-C

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    To be fair, they're no longer rumors. The official SW site confirmed that two "spin-offs" are in the works. Basically, we've got five SW films coming our way. In terms of which one(s) I'm most excited for at the moment, definitely the ST. So, for now, Episode 7. I want to take this one film at a time. I certainly don't want to see Disney releasing two films a year.

12. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    The first word in that headline is "Rumor".

Not confirmed.

I tend to think the rumor is true as well, but still not confirmed.

13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Not what I hear. I hear he shoots off pretty quick from the slightest contact.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Those are my concerns as well. I know recasting is inevitable if they want to use the characters from the OT, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but it's going to be too weird to see someone else step into the shoes of one of the main heroes. Not to mention, there will be endless comparisons between the original actors and the new blood. It will be distracting, to say the least.

And it's not only the thought of recasting, but you also run the risk of over-saturating the market with Star Wars. I don't know...I just don't like the sound of this at all.

The rumor is referring to what the films will actually be about, not the spin-off films themselves. Those have already been confirmed here: http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Definitely Episode VII!

16. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    I know they have confirmed two spin-offs, but they have not confirmed which ones, which was my original point. I can't choose from a list of things when only one choice on it is solid.

17. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I really couldn't care less about the spin-off films. I find them to be an unecessary distraction right now.
    If this was coming after the ST I'd be jazzed about them, but right now? Not jazzed at all.

18. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Let's say that spinoffs are made involving all four of the rumored characters (Han, Yoda, Vader, and Fett). Here's what I'd like to see . . . .

Han Solo - If they do a movie about his origin, I hope that it will be at least somewhat like the way it was done in the novels. I wouldn't expect all of the details to be exactly the same as the books, but just throw in some of these: He was an orphan, a Wookiee took care of him for a while, he competed against Dengar in a swoop race, he joined the Imperial navy only to end up rescuing Chewbacca, etc.

Yoda - I personally think the most interesting Yoda story would be one where we hear more about the tree on Dagobah that was filled with the Dark Side. Personally, I don't need to completely understand why the tree is evil; I'm okay with leaving a little bit of mystery there. I would like to hear a little more story involving the tree, though.

Darth Vader - Mostly, I'd like more details about the Jedi purge. Seeing Vader get into some duels with fugitive Jedi Knights would be exciting. I'd also like to see Vader struggle with his role as the Emperor's apprentice (after all, Luke did say in ROTJ that he felt conflict within Vader).

Boba Fett - Seeing him escape from the Sarlacc pit would be the event I'd want to see the most (probably would easily draw cheers from the opening night movie audience!). Of course, I'd also like to see him hunting after a bounty. A cameo appearance by another bounty hunter (one of the ones from TESB) would be great.

19. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    There should be a "all of the above" option.

20. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Can't wait for episode 7, but I'm aldo super exited for the spin offs, except for the Boba Fett one.

21. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Lock the thread, and hope they don't have blasters.

22. Newmaska

Newmaska Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    I lke John Noble, but it feels too predictable. I'm hoping Abrams will look beyond just the people he has worked with and consider all the options. I usually dislike it when I see all the same actors in every project a director takes on. It just creates an environment of comfortable predictable performances.

23. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Seriously? You want to see a movie about a tree?

At best, that sounds like a Twin Peaks-inspired possession story.

Original Oatmeal and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Ooo! Do I get Geek-cred for posting in an obvious-soon-to-locked thread?! :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.