main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe the Sarlacc was actually a wormhole and he got teleported back in time to before the birth of Anakin, and he changed his name to Jango?8-}

2. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I could not disagree more, Fett Is fighting & clawing his way out of the monster, as we know, the Sarlacc is not a pit but a creature that buries itself deep in the sand awaiting prey to come it. Fetts armor can protect him in part form the ravages of the creatures digestive

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Maybe Boba traded in Slave I for that sweet hog...

-C

Cad Carnage likes this.
  4. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Boba Fett's death was played for laughs. I mean, here's one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy, and he's defeated on accident by a blind Han Solo.

Though what purpose does it serve Return of the Jedi to know that Boba Fett didn't die?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What does this refer to?

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey, you won't get any argument from me, there. I've really enjoyed Cad Bane and I never said I wanted to see him to be taken down by Fett during TCW, only that it would be beneficial to Boba's interests (which of course, it would). In fact, there is a very big part of me which thinks that Cad should survive the series outright. As far as Boba goes, I imagine that, yes, TCW will see him adopt his trademark look, though I don't know that I like the idea of him putting it on just yet.

You know, if I could have it my way, any stand-alone feature starring Boba Fett would be set post-ROTJ, but we would still be treated to a Live Action show which features both Bane and Fett each doing their thing (maybe even choosing / being forced to partner up for a mission), before a final showdown where an older, much more experienced Boba Fett takes Bane down in the end. Who knows, if I don't get my wish for a post-Sarlaac picture, maybe a Fett stand-alone set during the Jedi Purge could somehow revolve around this idea? What do you think? One thing I do know is that I'd really like to see Cad Bane in a live action setting (I even think some of the CosPlay pictures are pretty cool).

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Here's a bit of info from Wikipedia.

Star Wars creator George Lucas considered adding a shot of Fett escaping the sarlaac in Return of the Jedi, but decided against it because it would have detracted from the story's focus, instead leaving the task of "reviving" Fett to Expanded Universe canon.[17] Lucas also said that, had he known Fett would be so popular, he would have made the character's death "more exciting."[17] Lucas at one point considered depicting Vader and Fett as brothers in the prequel films, but discounted it as too "hokey."[18] In continuing to develop the character in the prequel films, Lucas closed some avenues for expanding the character's story while opening others.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    21 years isn't exactly quick...

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, generally speaking, his stamp of apporval on the many pieces of literature holds weight with me (it's not the same for everyone, of course, but to me it's important). Of course, there's his mention of considering the addition of a scene to ROTJ depicting Fett's escape from the Sarlaac (which I agree, due to pacing issues, would have more than likely wound up clunky) and most recently, George was captured on video admiring a charity-drive piece of art depicting Fett's helmet being devoured by the Sarlaac where he corrected his tour guide saying something to the effect of "oh, but no, he (Fett) didn't die." I don't know, there's certainly more, but these are the most commonly cited.

While nothing short of a post-Sarlaac, feature film depiction of Boba will convince everyone (and that's fine - I understand that view and it's certainly something I'd love to see), there's more than enough evidence for me, personally, to feel comfortable with the idea that George has changed his original viewpoint concerning Boba's fate.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, now you're just dealing in semantics.

Another way of saying it may have been "later, George Lucas would be quick to tell us..." if that works any better.

11. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Well put. Couldn't have said it any better. Cheers!

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Thanks.

Drives me insane. Someone who is bad can't just be bad for the sake of being bad. "Delve into the mind of the bad one!" Blech. Just pussification of great antagonists. Most times it is very boring and ends up tainting the coolness of that character (Hannibal, Micheal Myers (emo kid picked on? gimme a break...), Anakin Skywalker wanting to save people from dying, etc.)

I'd rather have an all droid movie first over "going into the mind of the bad guy, and making him have some troubled painful past".

13. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I can get 70 parsecs to the gallon on this hog.

14. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I am a HUGE Boba Fett fan, but I dont a post-Sarlacc death/escape is in the cards because it would have to be released before Ep VII to work, which is not going to happen. It would also be odd to find out he is alive but left out of Ep VII. Even if they did release it after Ep VII, the latter woud still strange.

That being said, a Fett film opening with a night desert shot of an agitated Sarlacc and sudden blast with Boba Fett rocketing to freedom would be AWESOME! From there I would like to see a Batman Begins type approach where he is perhaps held captive by people who do not know who he is while his wounds heal and he is strong enough to fend for himself. Perhaps he would negotiate his release by taking on a bounty so great that he would, by completing it, secure the title of most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  15. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I concur. I'd actually like a Boba Fett movie, if they explained how he was nourished while being "slowly digested over the course of a thousand years", breaks out after a while. I'd like for it to be Anti-Batman Begins. I want it to be his rise to supervillian. Not hero. Not oochi-koochie I'm a good guy honest crap.

I want people dead, Things blown up. Bounties done. Revenge gotten (well close to it). Give him a good send off.

16. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes, this is what I mean. Not Batman Begins in the sense that he winds up a good guy, but just in the sense of what goes on. The bounty would be within a crime organization, and would require a heartless scum to go after it.

17. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    There's nothing to say that Boba was even half the bad ass everyone thinks he was.
    He didn't even capture Han Solo, he radio it in and then let Vader do all the work. Then once Vader turned him into a paper weight, he flew said paper weight to Tatooine, collected his money and then fell in a hole.

As far as I'm concerned he was little more than a FedEx guy with a jet pack and a cool helmet.

18. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm guessing that you're younger than I am. :) Boba Fett started out as a cartoon, too. The picture below is from the Star Wars Holiday Special, which was on television before TESB was shown in theaters:

[​IMG]

Cad Carnage and Samayel_ like this.
  19. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    I would think that if Lucas considered adding a Sarlacc escape then that part is already in the least in a planning stage, and at most ready to go now for the Spinoff, this should settle any speculation. The Fett film will be Post ROTJ. Think about it, any film set during the post ROTS would have Darth Vader who who overshadow Boba Fett, the Spinoff centers on Boba and his redemption after surviving a horrfic encounter with a deadly Sarlacc.

20. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Here's an idea for a slogan: "UPS . . . What can Boba do for you?"

21. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    While it would be great, a Darth Vader Spinoff with the voice of James Earl Jones is years away, if Vader. Appears in the Young Solo Film it will be as a hologram in a news reel in some cantina, Boba Fett will go on to be part of the ST.

22. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
  23. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Are they doing a movie about wooly mammoths now?

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Boba doesn't have to be a villain, he works for who pays him so he can work for the good guys too.

I don't see why he needs to be "redeemed" though, he's a Bounty Hunter so his moral code is naturally skewed and he does what he has to in order to get paid. He doesn't have to be a hero to be awesome.

As for Cad Bane - Cool as he is he is nothing more than an Indiana Jones/Boba Fet hybrid rip-off.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree with everything you said about Boba. Particularly that he doesn't need to be a hero or a villain (I'm hearing strains of "in the cantina..."). His moral ambiguity and personal code of ethics are part of what make him interesting to me (the exploration of which is one of the reasons I often cite in encouraging folks to check out the literature).

Cad Bane? Well, yeah, you've nailed the impetus for the character, but I can't sit here and say that I haven't enjoyed the ride. I tried to fight it when he was first introduced for exactly the reason you highlighted, but the truth is, I can't help myself - his portrayal (particularly the voice acting) has been pretty top-notch and his zaniness and just over-the-top quality always seem to grab ahold of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.