main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Too bad Young Justice was canceled! Really like that show but love TCW. I for one don't mind the sillier episodes though. Something for the kids and it keeps the mood light before we REALLY dive into darkness.

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sorry but no, Young Justice and Korra do not touch Clone Wars. The original Avatar series comes close, but I have never seen a cartoon come as close as The Clone Wars ever has in terms of animation and cinematic affects.

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I really don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to TCW. CN is likely to try to keep it at all costs because of its high ratings and Disney is likely to acquire it as soon as possible. (Neither option sounds appealing to me, but...) I highly doubt the show will ever go on hiatus because it doesn't have a network to air on. Like others have said, I'd be more worried about saving the EU than saving a show that is in no immediate danger of cancellation.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Speaking of ratings, have they been getting better since the show shifted to Saturday mornings?

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I hope not. I want TCW to return to Friday nights as soon as possible.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Spectacular Spider-Man was a CN show, then Disney bought Marvel, then they stopped making Spec. Spidey for CN and started anew with Ultimate Spidey on Disney XD. Now, Spec Spidey only had 2 seasons behind it and was able to wrap up somewhat neatly, it was simply a matter of who owned what. Lucasfilm is still making clone wars episodes, I dunno if CN would have bought the rights to exclusively show clone wars, or it can just plop back onto Disney no harm no foul. The easy way out would be what the Spidey show did, simply stop making for another network and start a new one on Disney. It might be messier to move Clone Wars whole hog to Disney XD. Or they could polish off S6 / the series on CN and then start a new animated show on Disney XD in 2014.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So, who wants to donate to help Seerow go to Star Wars Weekend this year? Any other Florida residents here thinking about going?

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Let's compare...

Season 4 (up to episode 16) Season 5 (up to episode 16)

1.93 1.94 (season prem)
    1.93 1.74
    1.61 1.75
    1.56 1.57
    1.35 1.42
    1.67 1.66
    1.78 1.74
    1.56 1.96
    1.80 1.39
    1.62 1.46
    1.57 1.43
    1.37 1.74
    1.39 1.47
    1.51 1.85
    2.12 1.83
    1.62 1.86

So I would actually say that the show is doing better in the mornings then it did on Friday nights. It looks like it is to me.

V-2, Watto and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    is this so you can do the face to face portion of our petition to Disney? ;)

Seerow likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ummm... sure. I met DBB last year so this year it has nothing to do with him. <<

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I got a response from someone. It wasn't from a Disney address (as are as I could tell), it looked like a 3rd party company.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This is a canned response. If I google the 1800 number I get tons of results that show similar letters.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/48400
    http://www.examiner.com/article/confirmations-about-the-clone-wars-season-six-airing

I can confirm the number does not ring.

13. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Am I the only one who'd almost rather have Season 6 and so on go straight to Blu-ray? I'm not quite sure I understand this anxiety over it being aired.

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Money. If you actually want TCW crew to be paid then they get more money from airing it then releasing it on Blu-Ray/DVD.

15. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Why is that the case? Being aired equals more money, I mean. Shouldn't Blu-ray/DVD sales, merchandising, etc. be enough to make airing a non-factor?

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    LOL at that completely canned response that says absolutely nothing. But they said "hey" and "cool fans" so you know they're hip.

Add me to the list that sees no reason to do this... not yet anyway. They haven't indicated the show will go away. At most they will move it to a Disney channel instead of CN (in the US anyway).

Frankly, I would be more in support of asking Disney and Lucasfilm to put more pressure on the TCW crew to wrap everything up, but of course to do it the right way... to put out an amazing Season 6 that ties everything together and leads smoothly into ROTS, and then be done with it.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    eht13 Agreed. The only thing worse than a show not being able to finish is a show that drags on too long and refuses to wrap up.

JackG, CT-867-5309, V-2 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I gotta say, even though I'm not an EU follower like you guys, I almost feel your pain since EVERYTHING in Star Wars may be overshadowed and cast aside in the wake of the new films and "making movies like the classic trilogy." Reading some new interviews with Kasdan show an increasing atmosphere of trying to forget about everything else and start fresh. It worries me that the other Star Wars entertainment that we love, including EU and Clone Wars, may get completely kicked to the curb.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Thanks for sharing... which email address or addresses did you reach out to?

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I can't empathise with people whose enjoyment of the EU is dependent on canonicity.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. Jedi Master Thon

Jedi Master Thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2013
    No, its just that We have so many stories gathered over decades that form such a complex continuity, that it would be a shame to erase all that continuity. It would take at least 20 years to make a continuity as complex and developed as our current one.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    If Episode VII overwrites all of the post-ROTJ EU, I'd advise just separating them into two separate continuities. You don't just throw all those novels written since 1991 down the drain.

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think it would be such a shame to lose most of the continuity and complexity (convolution). The continuity prevents imaginative writing; each new author is bound to adhere to arbitrary decisions imposed by all preceding authors. Paragraphs and sometimes pages are wasted dealing with a retcon here or an explanation of a tangentially related topic there.

I just finished reading Luceno's Darth Vader novel (having fallen in love with his writing style in Darth Plagueis). I got halfway through and realised how little Darth Vader there'd been, by the end of the novel, almost nothing of interest had happened. Some previously unheard of Jedi got killed, Kashyyyk got enslaved, Vader met Tarkin - and that's pretty much it. 338 pages spent saying nothing, developing nothing, but with thousands of references to obscure canonical data.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah "complex continuity" is not exactly a good thing after so many decades. This is why DC has it's continuity pipe cleaning once every decade or so, or JJ Abrams had a mad romulan kill Captain Kirk's father and blow up Vulcan. It just depends will the EU get rebooted with a storyline or just simply slap "non-canon!" on 20 years of history? I'd rather go with the former, I loves me a good retcon!

25. Jedi Master Thon

Jedi Master Thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2013
    I love Luceno too. And I don't mind non-canon within the verge of reality. But if it turns to be true, then works like the Legacy comic series will be categorized with stories like Tag & Bink. And the universe is huge, the canon rules aren't as strict as you make them to be.

I love retcons too, especially the TOTJ/Tcuukthai one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.