main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If I liked The Force Unleashed 1, will I like 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth Balls, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Darth Balls

Darth Balls Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2013
    This question is for people who, like me, enjoyed The Force Unleashed. I just finished it and am ready to go buy the sequel, but I see that it got poor reviews.

Should I get it?

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It got poor reviews because it was too short, not because of graphics or gameplay. I didn't buy it because the PC version didn't have a couple of graphical features present on the Xbox/PS version. But if you liked the first game, you should like the second.

Darth Balls likes this.
  3. Darth Balls

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks man! I did indeed like the 1st one. Hokey camera movement was my main complaint, and I got used to that real quick.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    2nd one was short, repetitive, you only go to 3 planets, cliffhanger with no 3 announced,

1st one is the best

5. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    If you liked the first, you will probably like the second aswell. Pretty much the same, with improved camera, graphics, animation etc.. however, the game is freeking short, was done in a day or so :(

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Do not buy it! I loved the first game, it had a great story, the bosses were awesome, and throwing everyone around with the Force was a blast.

The second game's story pretty much breaks canon, makes no sense whatsoever, is 4 hours long. The bosses are few, and the enemies are now super repetitive. They somehow made the game boring.

Don't buy the second game. Just replay the first one!

7. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    The Force Unleashed II was not very good which is a shame, because I really enjoyed the first one. I liked the second too, but only because I like almost everything Star Wars. Well, at least Vader was actually threatening again.

But yeah, it was waaaay too short and I think the story took itself too seriously.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    As said before, if you liked the first one, you will probably like the second one.
    Yeah, it might be a bit short and the plot is not as good as the first one, but is that really a reason not to buy it?
    Playing a game is all about having fun. Not about the lenght or the plot.
    I would buy it (at least, if money is no problem to you).
    In my opinion, I thought the graphics of TFU2 were much better.
    Playing on Cato Neimoidia was great!
    A shame they did not make a third one to end the series in a proper way.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The second had a kinda dumb story that undermined the decent ending of the first one, and the PC edition didn't have the Dark Starkiller Endor mission where you get to fight Jedi Leia which is a shame.

Gameplay is OK, much like the first one. But the story and unresolved ending (given there seems not to be a part 3 in the works) might annoy you somewhat.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Where did it break canon?

11. Darth Balls

Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I liked the 1st one enough that I'm willing to put up with a short playthrough. I'm gonna give it a shot.

***SPOILER***
    Dissapointed to hear that the story isn't as good as the 1st - I loved the Starkiller story. Sorta silly that he's essentially the founder of the rebelliion, but it works for a video game and I really felt for him.
    ***SPOILER***

Anyway, I'ma buy it because I just love tossing Stormtroopers around with the force :)

Thanks again all!

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    TFU is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's basically God of War meets Star Wars.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Some people have a really hard time with Palpatine and Vader secretly founding the Rebellion, instead of Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis doing it on their own without a Force user, along with other stupid things like the three founders of the Rebellion being taken to the Death Star. Then the second game just compounds the problem with garbage like Darth Vader being captured at the end.

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I have no problem with the original TFU plotline. And it's not as if the Rebel leaders were told about the Death Star's purpose. Even if they were, that sets up them plotting to steal the plans later on.

I have a few major problems with TFU II:

Cloning an ARMY of Jedi. Something about that just sounds implausible. The Rebels having enough firepower to even attack Kamino at this point. Yeah, Darth Vader being captured is annoying, but I just assume that Boba Fett basically fires on the ship and then Vader kills Marek and Juno. That ties up loose ends pretty nicely. Yoda's appearance was stupid.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Even if you have a hard time with the events depicted in the game or you see them as garbage, that doesn't mean it breaks canon. Because it doesn't.

16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I never got why Bail was taken to the Death Star and why Leia was imprisoned on Kashyyyk.
    Do you really think, the Imperials would let Leia remain a senator after the ordeals of TFU1?

Zeta1127 likes this.
  17. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Canon is broken, TFU totally invalidates the original founding of the Rebellion, but since its from LA, just like TCW is from LFL, it can get away from anything.

18. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    TFU2 was more frustrating for me. Those stupid little spider droids as well as the big transformer looking droids with the shields got on my nerves fast. Not as many people to throw around.

I must say that I LOVED the storyline more though.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Which were deleted scenes. And canon is not broken.

Welcome to the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Canon has been overwritten ever since the beginning.

20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am not even talking about the Rebellion subplot that didn't make it into RotS, I am talking about the established fact that Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis founded the Alliance to Restore the Republic without the involvement of any Force users up until TFU existed. No, I am saying the canon system is broken.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's an addition, not a contradiction.

The canon system is still the same.

22. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    It takes away from good people standing up for what they believe in without needing the Force to do it.
    I don't like the canon system, because its all about letting LFL and LA do whatever the heck with the blessing and/or input of George Lucas.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    And that's exactly what happened. It wasn't the Force who did it. And again, there is no contradiction or canon destruction.

As it should be. It's Lucas' universe and characters.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  24. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Starkiller is a Force user who is now instrumental in found the Alliance to Restore the Republic, when Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis originally did it on their own without the involvement of a Force user. Do you seriously not understand what I have a problem with?
    Generally, I love the EU as much as I love the films, so having Lucas contradict everything just because he created Star Wars just doesn't work for me.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No.

But he doesn't contradict "everything". And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean canon is broken. The rules have always been that way, retcons and revisions are nothing new.