main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Because I've heard nothing but bad things, and therefore been motivated to go anywhere near it :p

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The citizens of the Republic protesting against the war when their beloved Republic and Jedi are winning the war (99.9% of the time in TCW).

Seems legit.

instantdeath You're avoiding a legend of a game imo. :p

Esg likes this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    It is something I'd like to try eventually; part of me thinks the bad things I've heard about it would be rectified if you're a Star Wars fan. Though I actually haven't had a chance to try Empire at War yet either, for more than an hour at least.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    My high school years were divided pretty much in thirds - school, XvT, and Rebellion.

5. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Maybe its because of being American and the culture around ever since 9/11 and the idea of militants using suicide bombings... but if someone said to me "made Jachar the bomb" .... I'd assume they turned Jachar into a bomb personally.

6. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Rebellion is actually a TERRIFIC game. It was especially great when it first came out. Of course graphics have since gone the far side on it, but it was a really good game.

Makes me wish I could find it somewhere to download since I've long since lost my copy.

GGrievous likes this.
  7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    instantdeath Empire at War is all about the graphics imo, while Rebellion has good content and strategy to keep you interested. Only bleh part of the game is the space conflicts, which were later fixed in future RTS SW games. I would still recommend it otherwise.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Because the installer is 16-bit, you'll need a third party tool to install the game if you're running an x64 system. That basically means making a copy of your disc and putting a .msi in it. And ANY modern windows OS will get weird color and resolution issues since the game was meant to run in 640x480 and with 256 colors... so the folks at swrebellion.net made a new Rebellion .exe in order for the game to play properly without making your screen look all bizarre. They even enabled windowed mode so that your screen resolution wouldn't get jacked every time (although fair note: the window will be tiny and cannot be resized).

TheRedBlade likes this.
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It suffers from the usual Movie-itis, though - it (like Empire at War) is stuck in the Rebellion Era, despite making the Alliance and Empire 'equal' as far as gameplay being somewhat far-fetched. I still maintain that a NR era game with multiple factions would work - New Republic, Core Empire, various Warlords and independents (Hutts, Corporate Sector, maybe some brand-new ones to throw into the mix).

"AFTER THE BATTLE OF ENDOR, WHO WILL DECIDE THE FATE OF THE GALAXY? YOU WILL!"

See? The advertising copy even writes itself.

Random Comments and Esg like this.
  10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I run Rebellion on 32 bit Windows XP. I've successfully avoided any headaches since my main system OS is 64 bit . [face_hypnotized] For obvious reasons, Rebellion hates Windows 7.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Movie-itis? Rebellion has more obscure EU characters than any other LucasArts production to date!

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Rebellion runs fine on my Windows 7, so that's good.

As for Yularen, he didn't appear in this episode but he did appear in the last droid episode at the strategic conference thingo, alongside Tarkin. Though, Cin Drallig was a genuinely pleasant surprise addition.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Isn't the game supposed to be some canon nightmare?

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I hadn't started using computers when Rebellion came out, so I missed the boat on it, though if I could find a copy of it I would definitely play it in a heartbeat.

15. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I will actually say that no other Star Wars RTS has equaled Rebellion for space combat, simply because Rebellion had that combat occurring in 3D, while space battles in EaW basically took place on a very dolled-up 2D plane.

16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Got it in a second-hand store last year for $2, and I was addicted.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Now, yes. But previously, no. It was out first Atlas, so to speak. Yaga Minor being next door to Coruscant, back in the day, did not matter.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Least now we know why that business on Cato Nemodia doesn't count, since Obi-wan wasn't there [face_plain]

Malachi108 likes this.
  19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Though I like Ahsoka well enough, I think the best and most original character the show does is Anakin Skywalker. Much more in line with the Anakin talked about in the OT rather than that other Anakin in the PT.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The business on Cato Neimoidia is a different incident from immediately prior to ROTS. It doesn't count because by the time Anakin arrived Obi-Wan was destroying the last droid as he collapsed.

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    My god, I am tired of this stupid notion people have that just because George Lucas was involved with TCW that it isn't part of the EU. Sure, it's a higher level of canon than everything else (which is ***king stupid) but that doesn't mean that it is on movie level. Reading the EU thread in the EPVII forum (why did I do this to myself?) makes me want to smash my head against a wall; everyone seems to know about TCW but few know that its lower-level canon multimedia project is better than it, and doesn't contradict the films. It's like everyone can look past the show's ***t side merely because Lucas had a hand in it. Perhaps retirement is for the best, Georgey.

In essence: I hate that everyone (casual fans) treat the show like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, just because Lucas is involved and it'son their television. I also hate that it is canonically superior to the rest of the EU. [face_sigh]

/inarticulate rant

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

A nightmare

Robimus likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If this refers to the EU, the EU does often contradict the films. And, generally speaking, what TCW contradicts is the EU, not the films. New information is not the same concept as contradiction.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    No that would be TFU :p

25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Man did I love Obi-Wan's drunken sword style in that book....