main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The thing is, none of them would be charismatic enough to pull it off. :p

Heck, I'm horribly uncharismatic in real life (though if you get me in a one on one interview, its actually the opposite - I'd likely be able to get any job I wanted to and had the qualifications for if I was guaranteed an interview.). However, I do not wish to create a real world Sith. Its not practical without the main thing the Sith revolve around, the Force.

Not to mention that my personal beliefs are more neutral and gray. I merely Role Play a Sith as, to me, Role Play is a form of acting. Its no fun to always be cast as something so similar to yourself. Self-inserts are frowned upon in Fan Fiction, why should it be any different with Role Playing Games?

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Oh I couldn't be a sith in real life. Not only does it clash with my personal beliefs but the biggest thing I've ever killed is a earwig. And I felt bad about it.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But earwigs actually look evil. Fangs at both end? Slimy? Menacing?

IRL, I am not as charismatic or confrontational as ole Insipid. But I do appreciate that a democracy running a capitalist system works really well for you if you are a Sith. The philosophy means you do well. So I indulge Insipid some days, if only because I work in an office environment and there's enough politics for the UN in offices. If I'm going to get dragged into squabbles about half an hours pay which I don't really care for, then I'll make you pay for using my name to win a fight when I wouldn't use one of yours to win mine.

*shrugs*

4. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    I am still here, just been a bit busy to do much. I hope to get back into it soon. Again, sorry for all my delays.

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    ooh this makes me think of Continuum [face_hypnotized]

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Is Continuum good ?

7. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Well, it's the best thing I've seen on Syfy in a while... but yeah if you're into the whole time travel thing, check it out:

That's probably not the most glowing review I could give, but it is seriously decent.

8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I guess I better check it out then.:p

benknobi1 likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Time travel needs to be the point of the series.

If it's tacked on, like Star Trek and Star Wars, it is a bit odd.

Curious, though.

benknobi1 likes this.
  10. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah I am particular when it comes to space travel.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *watches the last episode of TCW*

*eyes pop out of head*

They may as well cancel the series, because nothing will top that.

Literally nothing.

benknobi1 likes this.
  12. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah that was just awesome!!

13. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    So what do you all think about the EPVII Spin-offs? Who would you like to see?

14. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I would love to see an X-wing movie starring Wedge Antilles. I have a feeling I am going to be disappointed in their choices though. I also think a Vader film that occurs after episode 3 and shows him being a complete Sith bad***. Much of the EU made him seem not so scary and it sort of makes the original movies seem weird because of it. I want to see mass killings and some serious Sith stuff.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I want to see a dark times era movie about the/an Emperor's Shadow Guard(s), but I'm pretty sure I'm a bit of a hipster when it comes to my tastes on that. :p

Sent from my Comlink

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We can never have too many Wedge scenes, tbh.

I could see some of the Empire's darker elements being portrayed, but likely in a Vader movie, if anywhere.

I want... I have no idea what I want.

I can just see continuity disasters ahoy, because each film is going to try and tell a 'definitive' story.

A Yoda film is fine, ditto a Mara Jade film, and a Han film should be alright... but if they try and do, say, a Fett film, or a Sidious origin film, but dear me I shudder to see how messy those could get.

A Leia and Han marriage film? Okay. A Luke one? No.

And so forth.

Unless they're going to be turning the books/games into films, then we could be in a smidge of trouble.

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *Pats Sinre*

You're just going to have to accept that no matter what they release there are going to be continuity errors. Continuity as we know it is dead, like Anakin Solo.

18. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I have returned from my long sabbatical my brethren! I apologize for my absence, especially to my master Sinrebirth, it was not my intention to be away for so long, and if it is agreeable I am ready to complete my training.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    No! *looks sad*

Jenari, you old rogue. I am of the opinion that you should join the RPG as punishment for your disappearance... And perhaps you'll encounter and defeat a foe which will warrant your rise.

Much like how Darth Mystique has Darth Nihl to deal with ;)

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I'm kinda like Sinre I have no idea what I want yet have several options of ideas that I would like to see. I also would hate to see continuity messed up but it's too late for that. I personally would love to see a NJO film that would be awesome. Stand alones are fine and that looks like what were going to get.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Continuity is fine.

Adi survived Boz Pity, and Evan Piell was replaced by a Lannik who took his name as a title, as evidenced by said Lannik having two eyes in one (accidental) mention in his post-Clone Wars mention.

All neat and tidy.

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The problem is they won't do that, just like Ryloth rotates like every other planet, when there are other ways to have it so the no axial rotation still stands, such as saying it has an axial wobble that makes it appear to have a day/night cycle on the day/night line.

23. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I haven't paid attention to TCW too much.

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't actually watch TCW out of respect for the Clone Wars multimedia project, but I have heard enough of about TCW's meddling to be up in arms over it.

25. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah I can understand that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.