main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Hey "mumblecore" filmmakers,

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    ugh now i have to pretend to like mumblecore. ****

i did actually see a mumblegore film (a horrible way to die) that was tolerable despite the double whammy of being mumblecore AND having colin hanks in it

oh wait that wasnt colin hanks that was joe swanberg that *********** just acts and looks a ton like colin hanks wtf i legit thought colin hanks was in that movie until just now joe swanberg is also a mumblecore filmmaker ughhhh fml fml fml aaaahhhgghhghehgehgehgh

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Otherwise you'll be agreeing with Hitler. See how this is just the sort of evil trap Hitler would lay?

3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah but hitler failed at painting, not filmmaking

by the way dont watch The Comedy even though its got the guys from tim and eric awesome show in it. tim and eric are normally kind of amusing and influential but this movie is godawful boring. its actually pretty much the worst thing even as mumblecore goes.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Sometimes on a lazy Saturday the kids will have some of their friends over and decide to make a movie. Then they rush around filming stuff for two hours. The older brother grumpily edits it for them on iMovie, and as the day ends they all go home slightly disappointed by the actual results of trying to make a movie without a script, budget or any acting or camera skills.

I find that when a bunch of 20-30 somethings with English lit degrees from expensive east coast liberal arts colleges essentially do the same thing, it's not nearly as charming or quaint.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Crispin Glover was like the DaVinci of mumblecore back in the glory days of casting an entire film with people with Downs Syndrome and shooting it on camcorder in the park... and I paid to see it in the cinema.

If I happen to die, feel free to acknowledge this post as my suicide note.

-G-O-A-T- and Rogue_Ten like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Would Transformers: Revenge of the Racists be considered mublecore since they shot without a script for the most part?

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i love how bemused you are at the everyday horrors of meaningless existence. how do you do it?

8. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Probably not unlike the mumblecore filmmakers themselves, I read a lot of post-structuralist literature in high school and got suckered into believing it was good. I'm tainted by that.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    mumblecore posting

10. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    yep. I was sixteen when I read Barthelme's Me and Miss Mandible, and I've wished I could write like that ever since.