main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by bluesaber70, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Prehaps as a result of being slowly digested in the Sarlacc for a short while, he was able to self reflect and discover that the pursuit of money is not the most important but Life is about something greater. I have a feeling that Fett will begin a personal adventure during his film that will lead to places that we have not seen in the Star Wars Galaxy to date. Fett will restore the dthe Manalorian warriors to power in the Galaxy & become the new Manadlore during the ST.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Why does B.Fett need redeeming in the first place?

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    While I have no expectations for the ST to be a slave to the EU (and certainly, I wouldn't want the writers to be hindered like that), this would be a welcome nod to his role in the literature. Regardless of Fett's role in the ST (if any), whether it be in episodes 7-9, a post-OT stand-alone or some other production, this is something that I'd love to see happen on-screen. It's only one of the many avenues open to a Boba Fett piece set after Retun of the Jedi.

See, that's what's so exciting to me about adventures set during this period in general. Whereas a film taking place between III and IV or anywhere between IV and VI would seem to have certain built-in limitations, story-wise, one could do most anything they could imagine with a study of Fett set after the Sarlaac.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, to be fair, you're only citing Fett's actions from the feature films (where in one appearance, he was shown to be superior to his bretheren, followed by a vey short appearance where his portrayal was played-up for laughs). Even though his, well, "bad-assery," as it were, was never the important thing about him to me, there is certainly much in the literature to support it. I know the EU isn't for everyone (and again, that's fine with me), but the fact remains that it is there for those who care to search it out.

5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

Seagoat likes this.
  6. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Well to me the Emperor is different. I mean the entire purpose of the six films was killing this guy. Boba Fett was just a bounty hunter. Whether he was killed or just momentarily incapacitated has no bearing on the plot of ROTJ.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Best quote of the whole thread. :)

8. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree 100%. There are very good reasons why the fates of major characters shouldn't be tampered with. This is also the reason why an appearance by Boba Fett in the ST seems harmless enough to me. It wouldn't go anywhere near any important established storylines (the same cannot be said, for example, of the 'rumors' of a return for Darth Vader in Episode VII), but would offer the the chance to finally settle the question of his survival and take advantage of a missed opportunity for some on-screen character depth, while pleasing any number of his fans to no end and offering Disney/LucasFilm the chance to really market the character. .

Of course, one could accomplish the same goals with a post-ROTJ film of his own and Boba wouldn't ever have to sniff the ST.

9. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't see any reason why a Fett film could not get off tjhe ground this yr & be ready for release in 2015. It would not require any ot cast but all new actors which could be hired quickly. So in essence we would get a film Post Jedi and a Skywalker sequel set 30 yrs laterr the same summer.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    While it's probably feasible, there's just no way Disney will be leading off with anything but Episode VII. Think 2016.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    The bet thing Boba can possibly do in stay in the Sarlacc Pit.

12. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    He was just the son of a simple man tryin to make his way in the universe.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Indeed. As I’ve said in many places, I just don’t get the Fett-love.

To elaborate on why I think the Fett is made of fail, I must first paraphrase cracked.com’s article about the biggest idiots in the Star Wars saga. I won’t link directly, because cracked articles are pretty profanity-laden. Anyways, Luke shows up at Jabba’s palace and basically says “either give me Han Solo and I’ll pay you, or I will execute every [censored] up in this place and take him anyway.” One dead orc guard and one killer mutant giant monster later, Luke has now demonstrated that he’s the genuine article and not some idiot in stolen Jedi robes.

Jabba earns his place on the aforementioned list of galactic-scale idiots when he rejects Luke’s repeated offer, and Luke proceeds to execute every [censored] up in that place. Just like he said he would. Remember, Fett just saw Luke take out a killer mutant giant monster with nothing but the remains of one its victims. Now, he has the Jedi’s signature weapon. This is where Fett’s ineptitude now becomes readily apparent.

Boba has seen first-hand what a Skywalker with a lightsaber can do. He has also seen first-hand what tactics do and don’t work when facing Jedi: shoot them from far away while they’re distracted. Preferably with something that makes a big bada-boom. And under no circumstances should you get within arm’s reach of one with a lightsaber.

So the very first thing Boba does is fly closer to the saber-swinging guy named Skywalker. However, the fates smile on him, and he manages to not get immediately “Highlander-ed” like dear old Dad. In fact, Luke is so unconcerned with Boba Fett that he proceeds to leave him on the ground (having smoked everybody else) and starts executing every [censored] up in the next ship over.

So Boba Fett now has a distracted Jedi dead in his sights. He takes slow…careful…aim…aaaaaaand…misses. And not by a little, either. He’s then taken out by a blind man with a wild swing and goes down screaming like a puppy’s momma.

14. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I've been a fan since the release of the OT but, quite honestly, I've never understood why so many fans get so excited about Boba Fett. He's just never, as it were, floated my boat. I'm not keen on the idea of retconning his death in RoTJ to please the fanboys. He died. I don't want to see dead characters being resurrected and/or cloned in the ST .. be it Vader, Maul, Sidious, Fett or anybody else.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Absolutely full of win, friend.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Do you think we might get a story about boba feet and his daughter? She's pretty hot in the EU books! I mean for a written character, I haven't actually seen a photo of her.

Also maybe a story where boba takes on a job where exile Jedi are stealing babies? He then has to fight the Jedi?

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ahem, I'll just leave this here. :)

[​IMG]

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, but this is the same movie that says teddy bears can defeat armored, laser rifle wielding, soldiers. :)

19. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I could almost get on board with this if it wasn't for that cowardly scream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Tell me about it. I remember watching ROTJ as a kid in the theatre and thinking that this Boba didn't act like the guy from ESB, and that's because the filmmakers decided to play the same character to wildly different effect. It's still a shame to me to think that George Lucas / Richard Marquand chose to take a character who, though he may not have done a lot in ESB, did manage to get his job done and get away with one of the heroes (in other words, a simple role character who was off to a good start and with some potential) and turn his next appearance into a rather goofy comedy routine - "Solo's Revenge." Comedy is a vital coponent of SW, but I just wish they'd gone in a different direction with the guy and saved the yuks for someplace else.

It would seem that George later regretted his decision, but, you know what they say, it's hard to un-ring a bell. Future films may take measures to at least pull the guy out of that pit and see what they can do with him. Personally, I'd like to think they will, but who knows?

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that's part of it, too. Much of ROTJ was played quite over-the-top. Of course, the throneroom scenes justify it all (man, those were great scenes).

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    In my opinion there are two ways to bring Fett on screen.
    One is for the story to take place between E3 and E4. Now there is a lot of story to be told there. Fett doesn't necessarily need to be the pawn of the Empire. Just your normal bounty hunter who finds himself in the Civil War, with hatred towards the Jedi (for killing his father - and therefore for the Rebellion). The story of the Mandalorians is definitely something with a lot of potential for a movie, even for a mini-series.

The other option (despite my reluctance to accept it) is to have him escape the Sarlacc. Of course the movie must and I mean MUST show his escape so that audiences which are unfamiliar with the EU but remember RotJ know how the heck he got out of the Big Mouth in the sand.

In fact I would be for a trilogy of movies based around bounty hunters. It can have Jabba, other Hutts, bounty hunters, Fett, Solo, Lando, the Millennium Falcon, crime lords, scavangers, sewers, Nar Shaddaa and Mandalorians. There is a lot of potential here to be explored.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    the_sinister_hologram, I think that sums up the potential surrounding a Fett stand-alone pretty nicely.

24. Air Jedi

Feb 1, 2013
  25. Air Jedi

Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.