main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I could definitely see that.

Ah, I mean I can understand that fear. But the connection is so surfacey. They're both odd British Geniuses in space and that's about it. But Baltar to me is just such a wholly unique character that I don't think I'd associate them at all. It would be entirely different playing someone extremely helpful and self-effacing as opposed to someone extremely self-serving who does help people but only if it helps him :p

A friend of mine who's an artist has made some awesome Doctor Who valentines. Check them out. A couple of the headliners:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Naturally that last one's my favorite.

Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Why do I suddenly want a Valentine's Special with Eleven saying "Valentine's are Cool!"

And then Ten shows up and makes everyone swoon in the audience with just one look.;)

3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Considering that he went on to play an untrustworthy genius on Eureka, I think he's become somewhat typecast anyway.:p I do think he would be a great fit - I've liked him ever since I saw him in Arabian Nights years ago, and considering he had a fairly underwritten role in that it, both my sister and I thought he stood out by a mile in that huge cast - that's star quality.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't think Moffat will go for anyone the fans have already declared a good candidate. :p

Random Comments likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well who says Moffat will be in charge by then? ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ah, well played!

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I expect the next Doctor will be a relative unknown, again.

As for whether Moffat will still be the showrunner? Man, I think people will have to pry the show from his cold, dead hands. Though I do hope he takes on a companion showrunner at some point, because sometimes (to quote Donna) I think he needs someone to stop him. :p

8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I can agree with that. There were rumours that that was what was happening with Chris Chibnall, which is less than desirable.

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    It would be too much to hope for Neil Gaiman, right...?

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I was going to say that it would be amazing if Gaiman wrote 80% of the episodes, but I decided to edit myself as to not get everybody's hopes up.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ulicus likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Didn't Moffat say they weren't shooting the 50th special until April at the earliest? So it's possible that the movie could be done by the time the 50th anniversary stuff goes into production.

Edit: Besides his involvment in the film is likely to be a cameo or something to the effect that Stan Lee does in the Marvel movies.

14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    From what I understand Sherlock series 3 films next month. And I'm sure Mark Gatiss will want to have finished with An Adventure in Space and Time to be on set for that. :p

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't mean that. I mean that if a previous cast member is utilised in one aspect of the 50th anniversary celebrations, that might be their 'box ticked'... so to speak.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OMG!!! I really really really really really really really hope this means he's going to be able to film at least a cameo for the 50th while he's at it oh pretty, pretty please [face_praying]

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I SHALL ADD MY PRAYERS TO YOURS. [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

I so desperately want Ian involved.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    [​IMG]

So guess what Maria and I have got tickets to see? :D No really, you'll never guess. :p

Have you guessed? Good. Now, in order to make this post into something more than an exercise in shameless boasting, here's something to think about. Tennant's run as Richard II in Stratford-upon-Avon spans about a month, from the middle of October to the middle of November. When the dates were originally announced there was - oddly - nothing scheduled for the 11th November, but since then the 13th November has been removed from the schedule. This is all very close to the date of the 50th. Maybe then, just maybe, Tennant is committed to some important promotional activities for the anniversary shenanigans on those days? You know, like you would if you were a cast member. Maybe there's another explanation, but... maybe there isn't! :D :p

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    With Television Centre soon to be by the corporation and converted into flats or a hotel (or something), what a great time this is to send parts of it 'back in time' like that. If a building could smile...

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Gah, Chris, stop seeing Tennant in plays. I hate you :p I already have to hear about Hamlet and Love's Labours from my boyfriend enough as it is. I was even in Stratford upon Avon at the time but there were no tickets. Not that I'd seen any Doctor Who at the time, but I still like those plays :p Likewise, I like Richard II. That'll definitely be interesting.

I shall just have to content myself with getting into the hopefully awesome 50th Anniversary panel at Comic Con and annoying you about it. Although I'd still probably rather see a play.

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    We'll do a deal. You annoy me about the panel (which I really hope you get to see), and in return I'll annoy you about the play. :p Fair and square.

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Do you hate me, too? :p

24. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Ah, someone to share the hate with. [face_love]

:p

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well yeah, but Chris also got to see Much Ado. Did you see that one?