main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What movie are you more excited about? VII/Yoda/Solo/Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Which Movie are you more excited about??

1. Episode VII-IX

89 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. Yoda Stand Alone

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Han Solo Stand Alone

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Boba Fett Stand Alone

17 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. Darth Vader Stand Alone

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    ....and we're back!

An accidental lock thwarted us for awhile, but you cant keep a good thread down, you know?

So, back to the topic at hand - What movie are you looking most forward too?

Ep VII?
    Boba Spin Off?
    Han?
    Yoda?

I threw Vader in, because you know that one is coming...

-C

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The Episodes, certainly.
    Those will be the cornerstone of all new Star Wars stuff for at least a few decades to come.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  3. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The main episodes, absolutely. The only character spinoff I could see working is Boba Fett.

I have no desire to see a young Han Solo.

A Yoda movie would be pointless, he's meant to be a side character. You cant carry an entire movie with him as the main protagonist.

A Darth Vader film would also only detract from the series. Part of the thrill of watching the OT right after the PT is how far Vader has fallen since you saw him grieving at the end of ROTS, how cold he has become. We don't need to see that transition.

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This all proceeds from the very basic assumption that those films will be made. We have official confirmation of Ep 7. The others...not so much.

Padme501st and eht13 like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I voted for every single option. I just couldn't help myself.:(

lbr789 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

Well, we have confirmation of two spin offs.....just not 'officially' who is starring in them..

http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff-films-set-to-expand-the-star-wars-galaxy.html

-C

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yes, my point is that this thread is proceeding from a flawed premise. You're polling people about being more excited about (for example) a Yoda movie, when there's no confirmation that either of the spinoffs will be about Yoda.

eht13 and Julius Vernon like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah and where's the option for the Luke spin-off?! Come on man!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Yoggle

Yoggle Jedi Padawan

Feb 6, 2013
    How about an R2-D2 spin-off in the vein of Wall-e?

eht13 and the_sinister_hologram like this.
  10. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm excited about the Episodes. Because it depends on their success if we will ever get to see the spin-off movies with Vader/Yoda/Solo/Fett etc.

Yoggle likes this.
  11. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Ep VII - IX(!) and Vader.

Either Vader between ROTS and ANH, or Anakin and Obi-Wan between TPM and AOTC

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't mind that this thread is hypothetical. No matter what the spinoffs are about I'm more interested in the ST.

Julius Vernon and fishtailsam like this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a spin-off made for every single minor and random character in the saga. That way we'll have over nine thousand SW films.

eht13 and fishtailsam like this.
  14. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

Life is flawed ;)

But, the going 'theories' are that Yoda, Han, and Boba are the leading contenders. So, Im going off of that...

[face_peace]

-C

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh yeah, I gotcha. My comment was directed to Merk. :)

16. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I personally feel that we don't NEED any spin-off films. But if Disney WANT to make those films.... they can and will. Because they have the money, the power, the influence and the resources to do so.

17. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    If any of these films are confirmed beside VII, then I would be excited about a Fett/Solo movie.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No doubt Episode VII - it's the sequel to Return of the Jedi for crying out loud! :D

However, I am curious about the spin-offs as well, of course.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    VII-IX and if there is one, a Vader standalone

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm excited for spinoffs, they'll be fun, but they won't pack NEARLY the punch of new Episodes. They simply can't.

LunarMoth likes this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm just placing this here since the last thread was locked:

I'm only interested in the continuation of the Saga (Episodes VII-IX). While the spin-offs may turn out to be worthy additions in their own right, at the moment I'm very uneasy about them being made. I believe they will be more of a detriment than anything else. But again, I may be proven wrong. We'll see.

22. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    What are you more excited about:

1. Something you know is coming.
    2. Something that might be coming.
    I'm going with something I know is on its way. Even if the others all happen, the Episodes get my vote.

23. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    VII VIII & IX by far ...........

LunarMoth likes this.
  24. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    the trilogy dfintly as far as the standalones go cept for maybe yoda

i got a bad feeling aobut this

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Reposted from the other thread:

I'm most excited about episodes 7, 8 and 9, with, hopefully, the return of Mark Hamill as my childhood hero and all of the new characters we will be treated to. Among these new players, I'm most excited to see a son for Luke in the return of the dirty-blond-haired, Skywalker's son as protagonist for the ST.

The stand-alones, though, excite me almost as much. Among these films, I'm most hopeful for a Boba Fett film set after his escape from the Sarlaac and an Obi-Wan western set on Tatooine during Kenobi's exile and starring Ewan McGregor. Luke and Obi-Wan are my two favorite characters, but I chose to list the Fett film first as the evidence we've seen so far suggests it's the more likely of the two to get produced first.

I'm down with a Han Solo picture (heck, I'd be all over it - I loves me some Solo) and I think a Vader feature needs to be made. Call it "Star Wars: The Great Jedi Purge / The Dark Times / Darth Vader," - whatever. To be honest, though I am very interested in seeing his early story told, I don't know how well a Yoda film would really do at the box office.

There are more, certainly. I'd love to go see a "Knights of the Old Republic" story one day. Maybe this can somehow be tied in with a Darth Bane focus, because I'd flock to the theaters to see his tale. Perhaps an Old Republic triology which follows the Republic and a Sith Empire engaged in all-out war, ending with the near-destruction of the Sith and the beginning of Bane's "Rule of Two."

One of the more exciting thoughts are all of the new characters we'll be treated to over the next few years and who knows what kind of spin-off's could come of it?