main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The sad thing is that when somebody does their top 100 of the year, none of these will even be on it.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep. There are just that many.

3. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    FCC Complaints against "Saturday Night Live"

Okay, let's see:

1. Don't like it, don't watch it.

2. The show is on as late as it is for a reason.

3. Who the heck is "Justin Timberwolf"? Justin Timberlake's werewolf cousin?

4. You expecting the show to still be funny?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Please quit allowing media to make humans stupid."

You, sir--the one complaining that a man kissing another man is "degenerate" and that SNL is supposed to teach "values"--have shown that humans are quite stupid without the media's help.

And "Oh noes!!! Samuel L. Jackson said ****!"

O rly?

Jamie Fox "called for the killing of white people," therefore Jamie Fox "needs to be removed from society." Pot, meet kettle.

And JetBlue guy what?

Dear whiners: Grow a ****ing sense of humor.

Yes, I just starred out one obscenity on the YJCC. One more and I can meet Samuel L. Jackson's record.

VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The Vice-President of the United States can't tell the difference between Poland and Portugal, apparently. Hey, you know, they both begin with "Po-", so, whatever - it's not like being the second most powerful man in the US government is a job that requires attention to detail or anything:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/n...st-embarrassing-gaffe-for-the-vice-president/

This right after he assured the Prime Minister of the UK that America and Britain are in an "open relationship". Kinky!
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...tish-leaders/UPI-32111360100844/?spt=hs&or=tn

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Nothing that qualifies as nutjob in any of those links. Sorry to dissapoint you. It must be a liberal conspiracy.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ahahaha Justin Timberwolf. That's funnier than anything that's actually been on SNL for years.

8. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    -20 points for plagiarism. ALWAYS cite your source. ;)

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    VadersLaMent and timmoishere like this.
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Within the first couple of minutes if THIS VID Beck says something truly scary. That he briefed people in our gov about technology. Now, first of all this is the same person who says he talked to special ops folks and generals and admirals all the time too. I don't believe a word of it. But just the idea that this guy might be a science advisor to people running the country? [face_worried]

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well that would explain some of the Tea Party members in congress views on technology and science.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    "Transhumanism sounds pretty far fetched . . ." YOU GOT THAT RIGHT

"I know it sounds crazy . . ." IT SURE DOES

"I was convinced that President Obama was a Marxist . . ." THIS IS NOT HELPING YOUR CREDIBILITY

"That's what was missing the last time the progressives were in charge and there was an explosion of science, because the Nazis were there . . ." OH HOLY ****

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
  15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The rejection of 'critical thinking skills' is not the worst thing on this GOP Platform. I read it and it makes me shudder, especially the part about America being founded on "Judeo-Christian" ideals. The Judeo-Christian ideal for government is an hereditary monarchy based on the idea that kings get their right to rule thru 'divine right.' A senate and an elected government are Greco-Roman ideals.

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    No, I'm pretty sure the rejection of critical thinking is the worst thing on the GOP platform, because the absence of it is the root of the rest of their problems.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    They are essentially saying "We don't want people thinking for themselves because then they won't agree with us."

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    And folks wonder why the GOP and religion come up in this thread so much.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    That's true, but that assumes that said critical thinking skills can be taught. The GOP platform tends to make me think the idea that they can't be taught is correct.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

**** you. No, I'm serious. **** you. **** you to death. I have nothing else to say about this. I am so sick of this war on education the right has been waging.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok, a CNN host compared a near Earth asteroid coming close this Feb 15th with global warming.

Article with video

THIS VID is Bill Nye's immediate response where he apparently ignores her comment and explains.

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That's not accurate, the host didn't compare it with global warming, she asked if it was being caused by global warming.

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    One thing has nothing to do with the other, tho. [pounding head on desk emoticon goes here] (For the host of the show, not you, Lowie).

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Missouri proposes bill to redefine hypothesis, theory, and 'destiny.'

HB 291, the "Missouri Standard Science Act," redefines a few things you thought you already knew about science. For example, a "hypothesis" is redefined as something that reflects a "minority of scientific opinion and is "philosophically unpopular." A scientific theory is "an inferred explanation...whose components are data, logic and faith-based philosophy." And "destiny" is not something that $5 fortune tellers believe in; Instead, it's "the events and processes that define the future of the universe, galaxies, stars, our solar system, earth, plant life, animal life, and the human race."

lolwhat

Best part, the guy who is sponsoring the bill:

"I'm a science enthusiast...I'm a huge science buff,"

lol

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Items like that are why the GOP wants to remove the Dept Of Education. If they succeed then that will become the norm, not the Derp.

Valairy Scot likes this.