main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Wedge fans sign in here! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mirax Terrik, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Hello! I need to go over the roster and retire some people who haven't participated and then I will have a number for you if you'd like to join the Wraiths.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)

2. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The wraiths?

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Make one yourself. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Those imperial symbols on that X-Wing? I'm not sure if that is the way I in vision the Stealth X.

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    ... when I get back to Canada I am so going to try and make one. Sans Imperial symbols, of course.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_devil] Yeah I originally made it out of spare parts as a "what if project" as in what if the X-wing had been adopted by the Imperial Navy. It is hard to tell in that picture but there are a number of angled pieces that make it look somewhat F-117ish from certain angles so I also say it could be a StealthX. Of course if you look really closely you can see that is actually a Mando pilot in there too. :p

[​IMG]

7. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't see a single Wedge style X-wing in the bunch, Bardan. :p

Welcome Pearl! It's always nice to see a new Wedgeophile. :D

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The one at the rear right of the formation has the Wedge minifigure piloting it, but yeah I built them all with the same wing markings.

[​IMG]

9. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't even want to guess how many Lego Lukes you have laying around. The stealth X-wing is very cool. If it weren't Imperial, of course. ;)

10. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Wedge being a star pilot,he can fly any ship as well as Luke.Luke has the Force,but Wedge has guts.Well,Luke has guts too.but I'm saying is that Wedge has no Force powers,but he has courage and guts to stand up to Imperials like Ysanne Isard.agree?

I like Luke in all black.he looks so confident there.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Morning Wedge fans. So I've discovered there is not a Senator currently representing this fan club. I think we should have one and I am willing to volunteer. Any objections?

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  12. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    No problem for me, Runner! Go for it!

Hope this counts as an official nomination!

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Runner, you have my blessing. I think you'd make a great senator. :)

Geez, I can't believe this thread is over ten years old.

14. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    You have my nomination, Runner!

And that's a sweet Stealth-X, Bardan!

15. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I nominate you too,Runner.just be like Bail Organa,not Palpatine or Orn Free Taa.if you get what I mean. ;-)

Hey,Bardan,do you know of a link where I can download Order 66 for free?

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks all [:D]

s65horsey is there anything I/the club should do to make it official?

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think you just need to post in the Senate thread that the Wedge FC has a Senator now so Jusik can add it to the list.

18. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Hey folks, big Wedge fan here.

He was one of my favorite characters from a young age, mostly due, I think, to the fact that his character survived all three movies. This in turn made me more interested in peripheral "Normal" characters than the leads in most movies or tv shows.

The fact that characters like Dualla or Mr. Gaeta in nuBSG, O'Neill in Stargate, or Agent Coulson in the Avengers could struggle against powerful foes and insurmountable odds really resonated with me, and shows up a lot in my writing. Most of that's due to the survival of Wedge in the OT, and the fleshing-out his character got in the EU. I'm also always happy to see more pilot fic, and decided to write some of my own.

I hope this is the right place to ask, and if it's not, please feel free to remove this section of the post.

With that in mind, I was hoping I could get some input on a story that was originally a one-shot, Alternate Antilles, which focuses on a single moment in ANH, specifically during the Yavin Trench Run after Vader has damaged Wedge's ship, and Luke orders him to withdraw. In the spirit of Star Wars: Infinities, Wedge makes a different choice with considerable fallout for the galaxy at large.

The story was so well received that I am planning on writing another chapter to show the changes in the timeline the choice makes during the aftermath of the Battle of Yavin, heading into the timeframe of the Empire Strikes Back.

I've already planned it out a bit, but you folks are the experts, and I may have missed some details and characters that would be changed. Any input is welcome, and if I incorporate your idea into the chapter, I will absolutely cite the user I got it from.

Again, not trying to get reviews, just trying to get input in case I miss something. Details, character locations and ages, etc are all very important for me to get right.

Additional question, possibly not related to the story but it's been bugging me for forever: Does anyone know Iella's unmarried name?

Thanks, and may your escapes from formal diplomatic functions not involve duels, death gauntlets, shooting, robbery, crossdressing, or 4 vs 30 dogfights.

(I'm awarding an imaginary adorable stuffed Ewok for the reference.)

19. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    SnubJockey I would very much like to read your story and will try to find some time, headed to work now. Also I suppose you are asking for Iella's name before she was Wessiri, I never even thought of that and I really want to know now. Hopefully someone can tell us.

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    The Wookieepedians don't believe Iella's maiden name is ever mentioned so I'd be surprised if it is mentioned anywhere. That would actually be a good question for Pablo if we can find someone who can get ahold of him. I shall ask around some of my contacts and see if anyone has some more information on this.

I'm a little confused as to what details you're asking for from us. Do we need to read the story first and then we'll know what information we're supposed to tell you?

22. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Yeah, I'm curious as to what Iella's name was before it was Wessiri. Pedantic, I know, but...:) Thanks!

I've been deliberately vague about the story in the post here, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone before they get the chance to read it.

Basically what I'm asking about is how the altered circumstances may change things for Wedge and co, because there are probably things I have not thought of. You will want to read the story to know what sort of information I might be looking for. I'm trying to shake things up a lot for the ESB timeframe, and I've already got some ideas. Discussion on the story thread, (So we don't take this thread off topic) is fine though.

Something else I've been wondering is why Wedge's sister Syal left on her own, instead of with parental support.

Did she have friction with their parents?

I wonder how she must have felt when she heard about their deaths. I'm surprised Wedge didn't seek her out to at least get back on his feet. (Which I guess would make for another interesting AU oneshot) Yay, Ideas!

23. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
  24. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    SnubJockey

I enjoyed your story and as far as fact checking, I was under the impression Wedge got promoted after the Battle of Yavin to Lieutenant. According to the Wookiepedia article on Red Squadron lists him as just a Flight Officer.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Squadron_(Rebel_Alliance)

Also, I'm not sure he would have mentioned Syal to General Dodonna previous to the battle. It would make sense to have a discussion then when Dodonna shows him the thing, but before that it would have been a pretty big secret.

The only thing that really bugged me was the fact that you switched from present to past tense without an obvious reason and it's distracting.

I don't think Iella's maiden name is ever mentioned but you could always tweet at Stackpole and ask him.

I hope any of this is useful.

25. SnubJockey

Jan 23, 2009
    Dang. I assumed Wedge would be a Lt. given that he was older than Luke and brought his own ship into the Alliance, due to their informal command structure.

It may have been the tenses thing, but Wedge is talking to the General after the battle, when that information becomes pertinent.

It was, thank you. I especially appreciate detail-oriented criticism. As to the tenses, that was me trying to experiment with new styles of writing. I tried to do the Trench scene in the past tense, with the party, and discussion with Dodonna in the present tense, like it's just hitting Wedge. Any input on making the transition smoother or re-working the chapter would be appreciated. :)[/quote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.