main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Probably an ancient Sith Lord that has returned to the galaxy.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Sounds like Revan.

3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I was thinking more along the lines of Exar Kun but ok.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I think we're in harmony here.

So, what is it that Luke and Leia still need...what do they need to figure out for themselves...and what needs set straight?

Pondering.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I still think the best bet is Darth Plagueis.

But... I was thinking about other possibilities, and here are some interesting ones.

* the villains are the New Republic (but the New Republic is not evil, just the antagonists... and the protagonists aren't evil either)
    * the villains are the New Jedi Order (but the New Jedi Order is not evil, just the antagonists... and the protagonists aren't evil either)

Could that work?

Other possibilities are

* a Sith or Rakata invasion army, to conquer and gain control over the galaxy (could still work with Darth Plagueis as their leader)

* a group of Dark-Siders (perhaps calling themselves Sith, perhaps not) who are invading the galaxy... but they don't want to control the galaxy, they want to destroy the galaxy (I'm thinking of the Sorcerers of Rhand in particular... "Only power is real, and the only real power is the power to destroy. Existence is fleeting. Destruction is eternal.")

I thought about Hutts and Mandalorians, but it just wouldn't feel like the main Star Wars saga unless there are lighsaber duels and battles between Force-users.

Dra--- and Darth kRud like this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Who is that guy with the mask, anyway? Darth Bane?

7. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
  8. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    First time I've heard this. So Jedi would kidnap babies? Is this why padme died? Obiwan wanted the babies so he poisoned her? Did obiwan not want her to haw a connection with her children?

9. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I keep thinking John Noble could play a high lord of Kesh or something.
    Assuming Kesh will even exist.

10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I wasn't even serious when I typed that, they guy is acting like I put forth a scientific theory and published a paper. Look at the original post...the wink ;) is suppose to signify a joke.

11. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not sure, I haven't played the game or read any old republic books.

12. darthtyrell

darthtyrell Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2013
    okay, idk about you guys but i think a female sith lord would be badass. something a long the lines of this... luke and his jedi apprentice are trying to make peaceful negotiations with the hutts in hopes to clean up tatooine. (luke still has a strong connection to his home planet) while scavenging through huttese junkyards/storage chambers they come across many people that have been kept in carbon freezing for trophies as the hutts like to do. so they fly them back to their medics on coruscant in hopes to revive the frozen prisoners (they had been in carbonite far longer than solo, which is very taxing). as they unfreeze all of them, only one is showing any vitals. a female in all black robes with some mysterious tatoos on her. luke senses the dark side. one day he comes in to check on how the patient is doing only to find she must have burst through the bacta tank destroyed all of the robots and escaped... he goes to the jedi temple to study the tattoos she had and discovers she was an ancient sith lord that had wronged the hutts and they captured her in her sleep. she's back and she is going to try to bring down the galactic alliance and rule the universe alongside a most promising apprentice. the sith has an incredible knowledge of the force and is actually able to suck the energy and force out of living things and do with it what she wants. she demonstrates this on luke in front of his apprentice and she puts luke's summoned force inside of her apprentice in order to increase his power. luke dies telling his apprentice that she must study the ways of the force and develop a way to block this draining power. he then dies. but you know how that goes he comes back as a ghost to be able to assist his apprentice who is being kept hostage by the sith to try to lure the leaders of the galactic alliance to her. also i think it would be cool to see the jedi apprentice slowly persuade the sith apprentice towards the light side, something we've only seen the opposite of in star wars before.
    i apologize for all those run on sentences, i just get hyped thinking about ep. VII :)

Darth kRud likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's Darth Malgus, during the Great War, over 2000 years before Bane.

www.starwars.wikia.com

Jedi Merkurian and Darth kRud like this.
  14. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats some creative stuff. Me likes.

darthtyrell likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hooded robes is the standard dark mage outfit, so ... no thanks, I'll pass. I'd rather have they think of something special instead of giving us the hooded baddy again.

Actually I'd like the new female baddy (hopefully) to wear white, Atris stile. It would give her a distinctive presence in the SW filmverse.

16. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    Luke turned Vader back to the Light side so we really have seen both instances just by the same character.

I like your ideas and I have been leaning towards similar ones myself with how they will incorporate the Sith if they are indeed to feature in the film.

I was siding with the idea that the very last remnants of the empire (lead by whoever but who has an unhealthy obsession/curiosity of the force) in a final desperate act begin searching the galaxy for lost Sith artefacts (much in the same way of the Nazis in ROTLA and HG were obsessed with the religious artefacts) in the hopes of finding the power that can once again see them take ultimate control of the Galaxy.

Their efforts failing at every turn with artefacts providing useless in their attempts to obtain the true power of the force. In the farthest corner of the galaxy they discover an ancient Sith temple (on planet wherever). Ancient carvings on the ruins suprisingly give nothing other than stark warnings, they press on delving deeper into the vast temple, finally at its very depths they discover their answers and more, the very birth of the dark side, its nature, its secrets and possibly the dark side itself......

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Now this is intriguing. I could get behind a story like this, especially if it involves a small army of darksiders.

Dra--- and Summer Dreamer like this.
  18. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Yeah someone had a suggestion that was basically "Darkside Joker" at least in terms of motives. As long as the similarities were kept down, I think it would be cool. A darksider who "just wants to watch the galaxy burn".

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  19. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Yeah I wanted a Joker Type Sith as well....My thoughts on this from Sith in the ST thread

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A "darkside joker" sounds interesting if slightly unoriginal. I suppose they would have to find the right actor and right vfx and makeup.

21. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I definitely think it would be good for Star wars to have a strong female protagonist or antagonist. I think it would be interesting for the sequel movies to show one of luke and/or leia's children turning to the dark side. Episode IX could culminate in a brother vs. sister skywalker showdown. We KNOW the star wars villian has to be some sort of Sith. It wouldnt be "star wars" without big lightsaber battles and i dont think any of us want to see a Jedi vs. non-force-user-with-lightsaber-fight. If John Noble is a villian, i think he'd make an excellent Sith. He just has that evil look about him. The only question would be where he was during the OT and what his relationship (if any) to Palpatine. Perhaps, knowing Vader was going to betray him, he took on another, secret apprentice?

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They've said the Sequel Trilogy would not cover or copy any ideas from the EU.

And the EU has already had Han and Leia's son (and one of Luke's former apprentices), Jacen Solo (aka Darth Caedus), turn to the darkside (to save the galaxy, and his daughter), murder Luke's wife, torture Luke's son and nearly turn him to the dark side, and in the end get killed by his twin sister Jaina Solo.

The EU has also already covered Palpatine and Vader having secret apprentices, who come back to cause trouble. Most prominent of them was Lumiya, a student of both Vader and Palpatine, and Luke's ex-girlfriend. She was the one who helped turn Jacen Solo to the dark side (convincing Jacen in a logical argument that the dark side doesn't corrupt as long as you remain selfless and make sacrifices, even willing to sacrifice your own life, which is what both Lumiya and Jacen/Caedus ultimately do).

23. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    i like the idea of an anarchist, ala Joker. palpatine represented full control and he was defeated, so logically the heroes now need to face someone who wants to cause chaos. my story would be this. the galaxy is in a kind of cold war. since the end of ROTJ the galaxy has been split between the new republic and those still sympathetic towards the empire, who i call the confederacy of free systems. there would be a peace but tension at the same time. both parties would still have armies. enter my villian, a terriost from the outer rim [possible mandorlian, have not decieded yet] who wants to incite war between the republic and confederacy and when they destroy each other he will enter with his army and and take control. the army would not be force users, they would be a little like north korea. but the villian woul have force knowledge. my feeling he would have studied his enemies and and learned their powers so he could beat them. thats when leia would send her son, jacen solo to find her brother luke who has disappered 20 years ago. it would be a little like 7 samurai, with the people begging the new jedi order for help. what you think?

24. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Too many Batman fans around these parts I reckon.

25. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.