main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Man, I wish I watched that show later in life when I actually knew who RIngo Starr was. Might have made it more awesome than it already was.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks for the info Q. The 4-6-0 in the 2nd pic is gorgeous. More similar liveries that I remembered and that's probably not an accident. Speaking of The Railway Series/ Thomas the Tank Engine this engine looks alot like Henry. If my memory serves correctly however Henry's 2nd shape is based on the LMS Black Fives, its been a several years since I kept up with this stuff. Its a more similar green than I remembered. Perhaps I have the Olive Green mixed up with another railway, the actual British Railway I think. I'm into vintage rail equipment, particularly the stuff within my own shores but love railways around the world.. The kinda history I can see, touch ,smell, feel. LOL don't complain to me about subsidized Railways, my friend. I've got Amtrak, super expensive and pretty much promised to be 30 minutes late.

Ringo Starr was my favorite narrator although the American version with George Carlin, especially in Shining Time Station is pretty funny.

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009

Seerow likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight...

Oh damn, I actually have forgotten the rest of that song. Probably a good thing.

I've been to a Day Out With Thomas event a couple of times. They'll take a working engine and make it look like Thomas and have an actor out there dressed like Sir Topham Hat, plus there's always a hall full of train sets, really fancy ones. It's cool for small kids.

Spencer is my favorite, grouchy as he is.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    That tune is heresy. The old theme song is the only theme song.

Seerow likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm only familiar with the theme song of 2006 or later. It never played in my house before then.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, HIT Thomas. I kinda like Spencer myself with the newer characters and also liked Hank. Gauge loading be damned it was about time. I watched some of the newer stuff with my niece. I used to volunteer on the Mount Dora and Scenic Railway here up until I got my current job. They used to push the Thomas dummy with this little steam engine they have. I'm always been into trains.

My favorite characters were always Edward, Duck, and The Fat Controller. My favorite stories were always "Old Iron" and "A Close Shave". Unfortunately These days I've got a grudge against Thomas. I went through a nostalgia trip for the old stuff and Railways Series about four years back.

Ripped from the TCW General Thread.

I actually thought Jumper was alright with my lame filter on. Neat mythos the movie just sucked and felt lame. The definition of a popcorn flick. Factory Girl I'll have to see.

Does Hayden have anything new coming out?

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    InterestingLurker

I watched the second and third episodes of Spartacus last night.

The best part of the second episode was Spartacus showing charm with a sly tongue and roguish smile, it gives him a bit of personality beyond LEADER OF THE SLAVE REBELLION that he lacked in Vengeance. It was probably the best performance I've seen from Liam and really helped endear me to him taking on the role. I saw the same smile from Andy Whitfield in Blood and Sand and now that Liam has shown the same side of the character, it made me realize I've now officially accepted him as Spartacus.

I've enjoyed the relationship between Spartacus and that Roman dude's redhead wife, though it would be nice to see the tender side of Spartacus without the melodrama of murder or pregnancy.

I was indeed impressed at Tiberius' combat skill, I didn't expect that from him. Looking forward to seeing the fallout from disobeying his father's orders, and I'm hoping Tiberius flays his troops for abandoning him.

Gannicus and Agron definitely are in conflict with Spartacus and his ways, it's something that has been building for some time now, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it, if anything at all.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Based on a picture posted in the Episode VII forum, scraggly looking chin hairs.

Beyond that nothing that I'm aware of. At one time he was looking into the production side of films but I have no idea how that worked out. I haven't heard much about him since Jumper but haven't paid attention either.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Is anyone going to be around tonight? I'm thinking I'll drag the disco chat out of storage when I get home. I'd like to have a special meeting with you guys in chat to plan the next viewing party, talk about stuff we can do over the break after March, and one other special item.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm outta class at 9, so I can probably show up anytime afterward.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm here now, probably just going to catch up on my DVR tonight, so I can stick around.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll be here as soon as I put my kids to bed.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool. It'll probably won't be til around the usual 10:45pm.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My internet is running approx. late-90s speed (minus the cool startup sound effects), but I'll try to see if the chat works here.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I should be around.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Come on, you know that those scraggly looking chin hairs that he calls a beard mean that HE IS GOING TO BE IN EPISODE 7!!1!

:p

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  19. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, I cannot open the chat at all anymore. Site fail.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Strange, link works for me.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Meh, well I can't figure out what's wrong.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What browser are you on, Todd?

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It completely crashed on me when I posted the link for Absolute Zero. I was gonna say get out the air guitar then boom.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I usually use firefox. I tried it on safari and chrome as well. No luck. And I'm having no troubles with any other site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.