main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you rather see more seasons of TCW and LA Underworld over Episodes 7-9 and Spin offs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRex115, Feb 11, 2013.

?

What would you rather have?

1. More seasons of TCW & the Live Action series

65.7%
  2. Episodes 7-9 and Spin off Movies

34.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Who here would rather see The Clone Wars and the Live action series over Episodes 7-9 and the spin off movies??

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Why must it be either or?

IG_2000 and Hank Hill like this.
  3. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Well, I' sure we would all love to get everything I listed. Sadly, thats not the case. Doesn't look like Clone Wars is going to last much longer, and looks like the Underworld series is probably going to be forgotten about. So it basically was the hand we were dealt with. If lucas stayed in charge we would be getting more Clone Wars and Underworld, now that he's handed it over to Disney we get 7-9 and Spin offs... So I'm just asking everyone which set of series they would have rather gotten. I got dealt the short stray since the package I wanted was kinda thrown out the window.

4. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I'd love to finally have the Underworld series. TCW is fun but there's only so much you can fit in 3 years (?) without it getting ridiculous. Some of the plots are crazy already, especially the excuses they have for characters to get to places- see practically every Padme episode.

I don't know what Episodes 7-9 will be about, so I don't know. I'm all for it as long as it's not awful. I liked the Prequel Trilogy. Spin-offs? As long as there aren't too many as so it cheapens the whole thing. I don't like Han Solo.

Hank Hill likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll exercise my right to fence sit. I don't think TCW is going anywhere and we are getting movies. The Live Action series may happen. Really I want to vote for both. Give me all the Star Wars on screen you can give me. Give me 3 more seasons of TCW and the Live Action series. Give me six more movies and some cheesy popcorn flicks. Its all good fun and wonderful to be part of a fandom that is active and is getting lots of new material to take in.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh jeez, this is a very hard choice, but I think I'd rather see the ST more since we'll definitely get a season six of TCW, and I'm happy with that, I'd still like to see more seasons, but I think having three more movies would be cooler. But it's pretty much 50/50 for me.
    If it was either three new movies or three new seasons of TCW, I'd go for the movies, but if it was either three new movies or like five or more new seasons of TCW, I'd go for TCW.

7. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    The Clone Wars can't go on forever. I think six seasons is enough, let's move on to a new time period.

Hank Hill likes this.
  8. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    Yeah, like Paparazzo said" there's only so much material that you can fit in a three year span in the clone wars. So give me some movies with new characters I tell you what!!!!!

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm not that excited for the sequels/ spinoffs , but I'd probably choose that over, say, five more seasons of TCW, just because it's something new. TCW has had a long run, and the characters are looking more like their RotS selves now, so one or two more seasons feels right to me.

Hank Hill likes this.
  10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    *IF* I had to vote, I'd vote for a few more seasons of TCW followed by movie sequels.

11. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I wouldn't have minded seeing TCW continue on in movie form after its TV run concludes, given how far their CGI and animation has come in the past five seasons, but the original movie has pretty much muddied those waters.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  12. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    TCW is really fun for me... I mean its new every episode you get, and its extremely diverse. It's not just Droids versus Clones like the first clone wars series.

Having said that.... I'm not sure about ST versus Clone Wars... I'd probably pick Clone Wars. But Underworld versus ST... I'm going Underworld every time. They're is so much material between Episode three and four. So much fun potential. Obi-Wan appearances, Vader hunting down Jedi, Crime lords, Storm Troopers versus rebels, Storm troopers taking over planets... Stuff of that nature. I'm sure they would also throw us curveballs, like they did with The Clone Wars. Stuff completely unexpected like brining Maul back or having Ventress go rouge and Ahsoka....

The way I see it, it's amount of Star Wars and quality I care about. The plans for Underworld is a wet dream for any Star Wars fan. A show splitting into 5 simultaneous shows about different characters! That means 5 hours of Star Wars a week! While the movies give us 2 Hours every 2-3 years. So thats not really comparable. Underworld dominates in quality as well. At least from the base. Better characters (Bail, Obi Wan, Vader, Sidious, Tarkin, Yoda, possibly Han solo, possibly starkiller, and a host of other great characters) While we don't really know whats in store for the ST besides old and fat actors who have no place on the big screen.

For me I'd rather see TCW and Underworld any day of the week over E7-9 and spin offs

vong333 and Bliss000 like this.
  13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm mentally preparing myself for six seasons of Clone Wars and I'm not getting my hopes up for Underworld.

That said, I am really looking forward to the new movies. Gives my life context. :p

14. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Whenever I read the thread title I always read it as 'Los Angeles Underworld'...

CaptainRex115 and Paparazzo like this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'd pick TCW over any new movie. I mean .. it has *clones*. Something with Stormtroopers was fine with me as well, but I'm somehow afraid they'll give us something like Episode I ... where the only troops featured were battle droids, Gungans and *gulp* those weird Naboo folks in their rubber frocks.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I'd rather have the movies than the live action series, but since the la is in the same category as TCW, I'll vote for the TV shows....

Bo-Katan likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Disney aren't going to risk doing anything like Episode I again. They have, at minimum, four other Star Wars films planned after EpVII, and they want people to watch them.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Granted, but what makes *me* watch SW movies and what makes *people* watch SW movies might, uh, differ. At least in nuances.

vong333 and 07jonesj like this.
  20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    True, but TPM seems universally disliked. My father, who isn't a big Star Wars fan like I am, watched TPM and didn't watch the rest of the prequels because he had no interest in seeing more of that. I imagine there were many others who did the same.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  21. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    [face_plain] I like TPM...

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    And you are welcome to. The wonders of civilization, free speech, whatnot!

I don't think you'd deny that the media blitzed that movie though after release. And the majority of people I've talked to about Star Wars (some of who are fans, many of who just watched the movies) hate TPM. Obviously that's anecdotal, but TPM has the worst Rotten Tomatoes rating (apart from the Ewok movie :p) so there is some evidence there.

My point is that Disney will be trying their very best to avoid that same fate for Episode VII.

23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Definitely TCW and the Underworld series. The information we've seen about the latter had me thinking it might be the most intriguing and creatively fresh thing to come out of Star Wars in quite some time. On the other hand, I'm honestly not all that excited for an Abrams Episode VII, as I fear it's basically going to be a Trek '09 2.0 that is so obviously trying to redo the original Star Wars.

24. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    This poll is a good indicator. I wish Lucas stuck with us his fans :(

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    As much as I love the fact that we Star Wars fans are getting a sequel trilogy and various spinoff movies in the future, TCW is what got me back into Star Wars and the live-action series has been stuck in development hell for so long that I'd do anything to see it. I like the concept behind the live-action series and I think that Revenge of the Sith and The Empire Strikes Back proves that Star Wars is at its best when its dark and edgy(though I agree that there should be some humor to alleviate the mood every now and then).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.