main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin #2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 8, 2013.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    We already have one.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, but that's like reading the back cover summaries of the novelizations and saying you know the origin of Anakin Skywalker. I need something more real. [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Doesn't necessarily need to be an origin for Cronal, but I'd love if it was an early story for him.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I wanna know what happens to Mas Amedda and Sly Moore!

5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Man there have been a lot of Vader comics lately...and I have yet to read any of them.... *leaves for amazon.com*

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Goes without saying... get the Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison series. Really fabulous. And great ties to the old Empire comics.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

...so he finds a Jedi? :p

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Or a Hungry Hutt [​IMG]

Though my guess is more along the lines of a Rakata Warlord, or if they really want to be awesome a Star Dragon.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Perhaps he encounters the despot formerly known as Xim.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    WAAAAARRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I plan to order it within the next week or so, and then Lost Command.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Whats if it's a new character?

Anyone? Anyone?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    My head would explode with rainbows of happiness if that happened.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Expect it.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Wow, what an issue. I really enjoyed it. The artwork was great. This is a series which can be understood simply by looking at the pictures without reading any of the dialogue, which proves what a great master of his craft Steve Thompson is. As for the story there was a lot of action and mystery. We also saw a glimpse of Vaders and Palpatines relationship.

Vader is 100% badass in this one. Not only does he feel a threat to the Emperor before the emperor does, he saves his life and gets to show off his lack of mercy.

I very much enjoy Dark Horses interpretation of the Vader/Palpatine relationship in this one. They are friendly to each other, feign openness. It is made clear that Vader serves his master not because he doesn't have the power to overthrow him, but because he respects the Emperor and wants to learn from his wisdom. Many other authors forget that Palpatine does indeed call Vader a friend during the OT and trusts his judgment in TESB. Here Palpatine is finally shown as a more thoughtful and wise leader instead of the lunatic slave master he is in most EU stories. It is an interpretation I find much more interesting.

The only small weakness is that we don't see much of our assassin. He looks cool and that's about it. He will have to do a bit more than slaughter a bunch of redshirts to impress me.

I'm curious who these snake cult people are and why they hate the Empire so much. Palpatine calls them dark magicians but he doesn't tell Vader anything about them. Makes one wonder what kind of connection he has to them.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Hmm… so just some different Dark Side cult, I was hoping for something else… oh well nice action scenes at least and the artist seems to hate Venators as much as I do.:p

[​IMG]

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I really like this art. Especially with the different species. Thompson draws a pretty good Vader. I also liked the good use of the Royal Guardsmen.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Snake cult, you say? I swear I remember seeing something like that on Wookieepedia once...

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Time to get some Star Metal and beat up Wrath Amon! :p

Ulicus likes this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    They have a green snake on their chests. Somewhat like this but in green:

[​IMG]

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Bonus points if the leader is a dead ringer for James Earl Jones.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    And fires snake arrows with his bow.

25. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A very interesting and fast paced (at least it felt to me like that) issue. The art is excellent too.

Apparently this headless snake cult doesn't like the empire much. And they do seem even more menacing when Palpatine is saved in the last moment by Vader. Just shows how elusive they can be even to the Dark Lord of the Sith himself! This issue raises even more questions than it answers, and I have nothing against some good mystery. Also it was cool to see Vaders chambers on Coruscant![spoiler/]

Darth_Pevra likes this.