main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is that you brother? The best season 4 episode poll!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 7, 2013.

?

Which season 4 episode is your favorite? Isn't it sinister how Lux didn't make this poll bro? ;.;

1. Darkness on Umbara

5.7%
  2. Carnage of Krell

34.3%
  3. Slaves of the Republic

1.4%
  4. Escape from Kadavo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Friends and Enemy

8.6%
  6. Crisis on Naboo

4.3%
  7. Massacre

10.0%
  8. Bounty

12.9%
  9. Revenge

18.6%
  10. Other

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    While I really like it myself, I'm surprised 'Bounty' has gotten quite a bit of votes. I thought the majority of the LACWAC community passed it off as more or less unneeded filler.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    God I was so angry at Massacre. Don't resurrect that thread I'm sure I sound histrionic but that is in my bottom 5 episodes ever.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Shame that we'll never get to hear that said the right way, ever again.[face_mischief]

Darth Ibonek and Darth Vader like this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely :p

5. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    It was to just look at the things you didn't like and try to find some good in them; the action scenes in the episode for instance. Your critique was just depressing to read I felt, so I tried being positive in a way that didn't have to be so serious, and that's where the miscommunication happened. But that may not be the type of person you are, who sees things half full. It's not a bad thing, and I mean no disrespect in saying that. We're all different.

Now, I'm going to raise my hand and wait for a high five. If you'd like to do the same and move on from this, I'll buy the first round of drinks.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    o/

o/\o

Seerow likes this.
  8. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    It was the nightsisters and their 'magicks' that ticked you off, right? They haven't really been too popular on the board so I can see them being the main factor for the hatin' the episode gets.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That or the voodoo doll. :p

A voodoo doll! In Star Wars!

fett 4 and Seerow like this.
  10. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    It's a VooDooku doll. That is something completely different.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought the Voodoo doll was cool. Dooku has had that coming and more so after the Slave arc and "A Friend in Need".

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    lel

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    C'mon Bounty Hunter fans! Vote up 'Bounty' into second place! :D

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    RE - Massacre : Remove the VooDooku element, use that time to lengthen the duel between Grievous and Ventress and you'd have a fine episode in its own right. The voodoo stuff was a step too far for me, personally. I was okay with the "witch magic" version of the Force the Nightsisters use up until that point.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It just went too far with the magic - I'm not saying there can't be another element of the Force we don't know about (e.g. Overlords of Mortis), but I always felt the various uses of the Force we see are all tied together; this just made it seem like a bad horror movie. Zombies, etc.

And the most annoying thing for me was actually the script and Talzin's scenery-chewing. She was like a parody of the Futurama robo-parody of the Gypsy fortune teller.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    That's an opinion I imagine a fair few people would agree with. Everyone has their own limits when it comes to such things. Personally I could even buy the zombie thing (just advanced Force manipulation, they were clearly puppets on strings for all intents and purposes) and it was made clear that this was high-level stuff even for the Nightsisters, and not just part-and-parcel of what it is to be a sister. But voodoo...there's just no way to apply it to the logic of what we have understood the Force to be up until that point.

Mortis is a dimension of different perceptions and personifications, could be a complete metaphor for all we know? Okay, can get behind that.
    Dead bodies being controlled as puppets through the Force? Okay, getting a bit out there but sure.
    Stabbing a needle into a doll attached to a lock of someone's hair causes said person the same agony as if stabbing them for real? I'm out.

Garth Maul and 07jonesj like this.
  17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I agree, but if she could create a voodoo doll at any time, then why didn't she just hand one over to Ventress once she came home to Dathomir for the first time? It could've saved them a lot of effort and a lot fewer dead sisters. ;)

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Why would Talzin want to create something like that and give it to Ventress or show her how to make a Voodoo Doll? That's her sadistic toy.

19. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I never had any problems with the Nightsisters or their magic which is just a sub-branch of the force (it's pretty obvious it is). The VooDooku doll and how Talzin used it to torture Dooku worked for me and didn't take me out of the episode at all, it does fit with the sisters and their ways (as did the zombies; I liked the inclusion of those and I must admit that seeing them tear through battle droids and swarming Grievous was pretty neat).

The episode really dared to be a bit different and went pretty much all-out with the Nightsisters... and I liked that.

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it's important to remember that Vader was able to Force choke a man that was kilometers away on another ship entirely, simply by looking at him on a viewscreen. The Witches of Dathomir have always used more props and rituals than necessary to wield the Force as part of their culture that views the power as magic. Strip away the physical employment of the doll in the act, and is Talzin's assault on Dooku all that different than Vader's throttling of Ozzel?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    A good comparison, and one that certainly lends a little more credence to Talzin's ability. Had Talzin just been chanting and hand-waving over the doll as the effects took their toll on Dooku I could probably buy it - a visualisation of the intended victim being nothing more than, as you say, a prop in a ritual. But the episode seemed to go out of it's way to really sledgehammer the voodoo concept down on us. Talzin stabs a precise part of the doll, Dooku reacts exactly as if he was the doll itself. It just felt...too witchy for my personal taste. But I'm happy to admit, in terms of figuring it into canonical sense, your point is the best one to go with.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I would honestly prefer that it simply be magic and not the Force.

23. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Blast. I voted for carnage of Krell but forgot about bounty!

NOOOOOOOO

24. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Both were onboard the Executor?

25. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You're right, my mistake. Not quite sure what or who I was thinking of, but Ozzel was definitely on the same ship at the time. But even still, on a ship as colossal as the Executor, Vader could have been kilometers away from the guy and was still able to choke him to death with just a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.