main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What characters in TCW deserve their own spinoff movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    LucasFilm has created some pretty interesting characters for TCW. In fact, its one of the show's strong suits and characters like Cad Bane, Embo, Captain Rex, Fives, Gunji, Mother Talzin, and even the controversial Ahsoka Tano are examples of that. Knowing that, what characters from the series, if the option were available, do you think should star in their own movies?

-A live-action Cad Bane movie set during the Imperial Era with Boba Fett as the antagonist. The movie could deal with his fall which then leads into Boba Fett's rise as a bounty hunter. The plot would center around Boba Fett and Cad Bane both trying to capture one of the Empire's most wanted criminals alive and bring him to Vader. As they get to doing that, they also try their best to kill each other before either one can capture the criminal himself. Even capturing the target alive could be a problem, given how intelligent and dangerous he is. Oh, and the fact that he's apart of the Maladians, the same group that almost killed Darth Plagueis.

-A 3D animated Fives movie, set after the war is over that deals with the Empire putting down a rebellion on Thyrsus. As the tiny war goes on, Fives begins to have doubts about the government he's serving and what it has become.

-IF she doesn't meet her death in the series, Ahsoka could have a movie set somewhere in the Imperial Era that seals her fate once and for all.

Any thoughts?

QuangoFett likes this.
  2. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Cad Bane and Kid Boba forsure. The good General-G as well... I liked your idea about a clone based movie that sounds really interesting

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Movies following the clones would be fun

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Clones
    Asajj Ventress
    Cad Bane
    Ahsoka Tano

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This. I would say that no single character from the saga could realistically hold a whole movie on their own, for me.

QuangoFett likes this.
  7. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
  8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    The Mandalore Wars

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Two solid hours of Obi-Wan/Ventress flirting dueling.

That is all.

And my serious answer would be what Jack said.

10. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I think a Mandalore movie could work. Maybe a story about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's mission and a Kryze family backstory.
    Or a Cap'n Rex movie.
    Or WAC.

Bo-Katan likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Probably would be better than a Borkus story imo!

Bo-Katan likes this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Cad Bane or Bounty Hunters in general with Bane having the lead role, it could show where Bounty Hunters such as Bane, Embo and Bossk came from and how they came to become Bounty Hunters.
    Ahsoka.
    Maul and Savage.
    Grievous.
    All the members of the Jedi Council.
    Rex and the Clones.
    Pre Vizsla, Bo-Katan and Death Watch.

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love Dooku in this show would someone would like to see more of him. Asajj as well. I can imagine them as animated movies in DTV form. Maybe a Sith Anthology series?

15. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Ziro
    Peppi Bow
    Nuvo Vindi
    Todo 360
    Hay-Zu
    Morley
    Meebur Gascon

Yeah, yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YEAH

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Domino Squad: The Adventures of Echo and Fives.

17. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's strange, my first and almost immediate reaction was a solid none, as in none of these characters deserve their own spinoff film. But after considering it, I suppose it would all come down to how things were handled, what kind of story was being pitched, who the writer was—things like that. For instance, I would absolutely not be interested in a Rex movie wherein he goes on a solo mission to protect a Gungan prince from a reborn sect of Nightsisters. Rex or no Rex, that's an emphatic no from me. But I would happily pay to see the feature-length story of Rex's desertion from the GAR, fleeing into the galaxy seeking somewhere to make a new life for himself, assuming it was handled by a strong writing team.

Part of me would be wholeheartedly interested in seeing this story in movie format, especially if they were able to get Liam Neeson back for Qui-Gon again. But at the same time, I'm not interested in seeing Jason Fry's latest work with the history of Satine and Clan Kryze ruined, or further dumping on Mandalorian history during this period, which the show's track record makes seem unavoidable. Done right, with even glimpses of the greener regions of Mandalore and a nod to the other clans that got mixed up in the wars...sure, absolutely. It would probably be pretty thrilling. Done to Lucas specs, though...I have no faith in it whatsoever.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Unrelated, but I think that a Dooku spin-off movie (with Lee in live action) would be awesome! As long as Luceno is there for canon input, we'd be set.

K'Kruhk and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    This, not the title, just the movie.

[​IMG]

20. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    This, and something with Ventress and clones ... and a movie handling Ahsoka's departure (for sonny).

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You don't think Rex could handle his own spin-off

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Nope, he's quite boring to me. That being said, I don't find any of the clones interesting in the slightest. They're just nobody to me; bland.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Even in the Umbara arc [face_thinking]

24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't really see all the fuss, to be honest. [face_dunno]It was probably his finest arc, though.

25. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I would love to see a story on the screen, silver or small, that deals with Dooku's motivations as I don't think they've been fleshed out. It's always been hard for me to accept his role as I don't buy his motivations. Maybe Sidious told him the CIS would supplant the corrupt Republic? Maybe but it hasn't been expanded on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.