main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW is a very poor telling of a star wars story.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthVendictivis, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    A few things suggest he's a troll, for example, his assertion that he's read all the novels (and he can't spell, punctuate or use words correctly), that he joined today and immediately started this thread, that he's not replied to anyone, that this is his only post on the site, selecting his avatar and making this post has been his only activity on the site.

Seems pretty obvious to me, but what would I know?

Darthgoodguy and 07jonesj like this.
  2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    And that makes him a troll?

We have a lot of new people here that have terrible spelling/grammar.

But that's LACWAC for you.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, thank god TCW's writers have never done anything ridiculous.
    [​IMG]

4. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  5. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    ...that's one of my favorite episodes. I laugh every time at the idea of an effeminate talking slug banging a singing ant-eater.

what?
    On topic though, yeah I'm inclined to agree. There are times when TCW wows me with a genuinely engaging story, but they are few and far between and for the most part it's just okay. I stick around for the episodes I think I'll enjoy, and all the others I tend to view and then immediately forget everything but their unintentional comedic value. Certainly not the best the SW name has to offer, but also not the worst.

7. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
  8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It suggests he's an obvious troll, but it proves nothing. But yeah, characterising EU readers as illiterate obsessives is what I'd call trollish behaviour. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I was all happy that this got moved from PT and then I realized where it went. Dadgummit, why didn't this get merged?[face_mischief]

Seerow and DarthBoba like this.
  10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I counter the above with this,
    [​IMG]

And this because it looks cool.
    [​IMG]

Darth Ibonek and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This thread = lel

12. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    TCW is great. If you don't like it fine, move on. Leave those fans who enjoy it alone. Youre the one missing out on all the fun

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Is he actually picking on people who don't like it? I didn't see that. Picking on the show itself, sure, but not the fans.

I did see some picking on EU fans in this thread, but not the people who like the show.

14. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I mean, Imagine me going into the EU thread and saying all the comics suck. The thread is pointless and is just a flame bate topic that will cause a lot of arguments.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure some version of "all the comics suck" has been posted in the EU forum before.

And most threads on TF.N cause a lot of arguments.

Opinions on a work of art should not be taken personally. There are the Stoklasas of the world who can't express an opinion without being an ass about it and attacking everyone who disagrees, but the opinion itself is not the issue.

16. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    WHAT? I understand people dislike TCW, but dislike it because GG is portrayed too powerful? That's like saying OT is bad because Luke got too little scene.

One of the things always bother me about TCW is the portrayal of villains, GG is toned down from a Jedi killer to a clown who got owned by Gungans.

kubricklynch likes this.
  17. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    As i see some of your view points.... i do understand that this tv series was to target the younger generation while also keeping older fans like myself happy. I have no complaints personally about the clone wars. I think it is very entertaining myself. Cant make everyone happy. :)

Darthgoodguy and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The flaw I saw from TCW, my old post.

19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I originally hated TCW in its first season and stopped watching completely. I tried watching it again in its third season during the Ventress arc and my eyes slowly grew larger. I was blown away! Then there of course was the Mortis Trilogy which I loved. TCW has quickly become my favorite animated show on TV and is better than loads of live-action cartoons out there. Dave Filoni is quite awesome.

My only complaint about the show is General Grievous constantly being portrayed as a coward instead of a feared Jedi-killer. And the first season isn't quite as good as the ones that followed.

Apophis_ and Darthgoodguy like this.
  20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

I will give you this one. At the begining there were episodes were the jedi were way too underpowered, and the writing could have been a bit better. Yes, the Backlash book by AA did have Luke and Ben doing great things, but this is were I stop.

While at times depending on the day, I have criticized the show, the show has been very good and keeps getting better. Too bad it can't win any Emmy's or Annie's but it appears that this is the dame fate the show must suffer like the prequle movies. No awards. Other than that, the show has done a great job at showing why, how, the great Anakin falls and why the Jedi and the Republic end up losing and swept away.

While we can have evry now and then stories about jedi and sith that can be super powered, the clone wars cannot have too many of them since they are the official bridge between Episode 2 and 3. If every jedi were super powered and every clone was a super duper warrior. Their wouldn't need to be the Dark Times or Episode 4-6, cuase they would have won the war. As we've seen in the series, this is not so. Bounty Hunters are cunning, some races pose problems for the jedi (Mandalorians for example), organics tire while droids do not. A jedi might take down one hundred regular droids, but when you factor using the force, heavy artillery and the like, they aren't going to last foreever.

The Republic becomes an Empire and the Jedi lose. If they are too super powered then everything else is of no value. Anyway we've had our share of stories were both the jedi and sith can do super duper things. Even this series has the Ones from the Mortis trilogy. Those guys have done things that we haven't even seen in the EU. Then you have Mother Talzoin. She is almost if not right up there in force powers and the stuff she's done in this series alone rivals anything that we've seen in the entire star wars spectrum. Then there was that Slave arc episode were Obi Wan force crushes two battle droids. So them being underpowered all the time is not a true statement.

I think that the clone wars is doing a great job despite my minor rants and have added alot of depth to the star wars universe for many years to come. It's also the last true involvement by the creator himself. After this series is done, I can only imagine that GL will not be so heavily involved with star wars except in a consulting capacity.

21. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry about some of the errors in my post.

The biggest plus with the clone wars is that they show a little bit of everything. They diversify between the action, politics, force, children, bounty hunters, sith, jedi, clones, droids, equipement, planets, etc, etc. The clone wars animated series has come a long way and its really making the prequels enjoyable.

Also besides the Mortis stuff and Mother Talzoin, the return of Darth Maul has got to be one of the biggest super duper force abilities ever shown. The man gets cut in half by a lightsaber and falls down and endless shaft. He uses the dark side of the force to sustain him and keep him alive, (the heck with Darth Pleguis) only to later be found by his brother (another force enhanced dude) and rebuilt by Talzoin. Damn it don't get more super powered than that.

By the way this thread is pointless and yes in before the lock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Scion and Darth Krayt would disagree with that...

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    *yawn*

next

24. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Thats EU though, Darth Bane used the force to deflect every rain drop and not get one drop on him. I'm talking about the GL movie canon here.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, they made some good points but could not expand the stories well enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.