main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.17 - Sabotage - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    That's exactly the sort of rhetoric we need to see naysayers like Tarkin expelling in this arc. Throwing up questions such as "Just what exactly gives you the right, Mr Jedi?" "You claim to serve the Republic, but you won't be ruled by it?" "Are you part of us or not, Jedi? You can't sit on the fence.".

I doubt they will have Tarkin do so, though...simply because those are very good questions that there aren't really IU good answers for xD

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Oh how I wish TCW Anakin would choke Tarkin...[face_mischief]

3. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Alderaan would give him a medal.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I kinda wish three little kids would come up behind Tarkin, stand on each others shoulder's to reach and try to take off a piece of his hair.

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Didn't Talzin already pull off that move when she sent the three little zombies to Dooku's house?
    :p

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Did she use Huey, Dewey, and Louie?

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    yes :p

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Nah, you don't choke someone you've given a piggy-back ride to.
    They weren't zombies. They were three Nightsisters wearing invisibility cloaks. Let's keep the facts straight plz.

9. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Pretty much, for all the difference it made :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Right. Can't beat the blind guy, what good are you?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I see Sabotage as the beginning of another great Clone Wars arc to follow the awesome Mauldalore (hehe, geddit?) episodes we got. Ashoka really has grown over the course of this series, to think I didn't like her in Season 1! I love the war protests forming in front of the Jedi Temple, really starting to see how the public could allow a transition to the Empire and end of the Jedi so easily.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Huey: Hey Louie? What does the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook say about Siths?

13. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    TrandoJedi sorry to break your bubble, but I think 'Mauldalore' has been used before in this forum (if that's the joke you're trying to point out... If not I'm a fool :confused:).

Bo-Katan and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I coined that as a joke years ago.[face_whistling]

15. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Darn! :p

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  17. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Your contribution is appreciated. Anything will help.

18. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    This season just feels regrettably different. Everything is an arc and the first half of the season was dreadful. Gascon and WAC .. I can't even begin to think why... That... Happened.

I miss episodes like this and I'm glad TCW has returned to it.

Maul coming back has proven to be a über mega failure to me. The episodes themselves were entertaining but undermined any role savage had in this GFFA storybook.

It's frustrating to see such a weird product, for the lack of a better adjective , when there is SO much you can do.

19. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Can we make a rule where any droid arcs are just figments of our collective darkest imaginations?

rumblewagon likes this.
  20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I enjoy the Season 4 duology. That said, R2 and 3PO make a much better duo than Gascon and WAC. [face_sick]

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Those were just holo-drama transmissions that Cartoon Network accidentally received and rebroadcast.;)

Paparazzo likes this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I respectfully disagree. The first half of the season contained five of the best episodes in the series(Revival and the entire Young Jedi arc) and included an overall good arc(Onderon) with some of the best battle scenes at the end of it.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I enjoyed the Onderon and the Young Jedi arc. The llum stuff was cool and hey the 10th Doctor was a droid in Star Wars! :D The D-Squad stuff was odd but I really enjoyed the stuff with Gregor.

24. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Gregor was wasted. I respect all intelligent opinions but I'm sorry I couldn't stand the Droid arc or young Jedi or onderon , which is the best of the 3 IMO for including Anakin :)

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm kind of split on this episode. I love the intrigue involving the Jedi Order and public perception. The whole opening sequence is a blast, gotta love Kiner's use of John Williams of course. I love the bombing of the Jedi Temple. Seeing Cin Drallig was a real treat, especially since I've been playing the Ep. III video game lately.

But there are two main plot-holes that bug me. Anakin and Ahsoka tell the bomb's wife that he was set up and someone made him the bomb. That makes the official site's explanation false. If they had only said someone made him the bomb, their explanation would make sense, but if he had been set up, that means he didn't really want to bomb the Temple. So why would someone make him a bomb if he wasn't the bomber? The only possible explanation if he was set up and someone made him the bomb is that he was made the bomb. So that whole chunk of dialogue just doesn't make sense.

The other big plot-hole is: why the hell did the bomb's wife jump out of the crowd if she was guilty???? If it was her plot the whole time that means she knew everything that was going on, she knew her husband was dead because she killed him. There's no reason I can see for her to bring attention to herself like that.

These two things kind of ruin the plot of the entire episode.