main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The SONIM threat a Siri-Wan adventure with fanart completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2: a sweet chapter was for your birthday[face_dancing]

More yum will follow and Ivano[face_worried]

AzureAngel2
    Jade_eyes

Another colleague was the inspiration for the irritating rhythm in this chapter

Chapter 19

3 welona

Senate district fire-department number one zero one
    Office of District chief Sebeler
    Chief Joe Calistro had greeted his superior District chief Sebeler formally and waited for an order to step down. The large bag filled with masks and pictures of a boot was tugging at his left shoulder. And he had added Ivano’s com, necessary when Sebeler wanted to see the messages stored in the device. In two hours his duty would begin. It was his first meeting with Sebeler but he had heard from other chiefs that the District Chief was a follow the rules type. And meeting Sebeler’s assistant at the parking had him fearing the worst. A pleasant question if Sebeler was in his office had been met by a rude answer and a wait of over one hour in his speeder before said assistant gave him an order to report to the District chief. That had been twenty minutes ago. Sebeler was busy reading a report. Waiting and waiting some more seemed to be the rule.

“Take a seat Chief and tell me,” District chief Sebeler indicated the chair opposite his desk.

“It has to do with the Glyvos incident,” Joe Calistro dropped the bag beside the chair before sitting down and extricated a datadisk from his uniform-pocket. “Two of my crewmembers suffered from smoke inhalation and this is the report from surgeon Alco Bel Kais about Ivano.” He put a datadisk on the desk.

“Let’s see,” District chief Sebeler inserted the datadisk in his computer and remained silent for some time and began to tap with his fingers of his left hand on the desk.

Joe Calistro waited. He would come with the contents of the bag when Sebeler was finished with the report.

Fingers drummed an irritating rhythm.

And looking down Joe saw the feet and knees of the District chief moving in the same rhythm. He wasn’t surprised to see a worn patch on the carpet and suspected that the chair of Sebeler was sporting the same wear and tear on the fabric. He had known a colleague with that same habit.

“I will replace him for a young one,” District chief Sebeler stated. “Bring his personal belongings here. He can collect them when he is able.”

“But Ivano is a few years from his retirement,” Joe Calistro objected a bit unnerved by the abrupt order. “He is a certified pilot and can man the ‘ladder’ or one of the fireships at our station after his recovery.”

“You just showed me that record from his surgeon Alco Bel Kais. He can even die. He can become an invalid when he doesn’t regain the full function of his foot. No Chief Calistro,” Chief Sebeler patted with his fingers on his desk in an irritating rhythm. “My decision is made. We will retire firefighter Arvedai and give him enough credits from our charity to settle somewhere. He is 59 and can retire. Where is he staying? Ah don’t answer. I know. He is in the Coruscant University Med Centre. I will send him a text message that I will contact him to tell him about his retirement. He has his fatigues and com. That hospital isn’t known for returning government belongings to the proper place. A nurse will hear the com.”

Joe Calistro remained silent. District chief Sebeler must have missed the header of the message stating the healer’s ward of the Jedi temple as the place to be for Ivano. With this barrage of words and the looks on Sebeler’s face he had to. The man was unreasonable and would find out when that com started to beep. He began to smile when Sebeler stomped to the comstation in the corner of his room. And yes there was the wear and tear on Sebeler’s chair with the inner fabric showing through. And the chair at the comstation suffered the same.

District chief Sebeler sat down, began to send a text only message and looked up when he heard a com activating.

Beep pi beep pi.

“That’s Ivano’s com,” Joe Calistro had a snug look, extricated the com from the bag after opening it fully to show the contents, stood up and showed the message to Sebeler. “I got it back three days ago from Ivano’s surgeon with one boot and helmet and BA-gear. His fatigues were cut away by the doctors and nurses treating him and are discarded.”

“Ah and Arvedai is staying at the Coruscant University Med Centre?”

“Ivano is in the intensive care ward in the healers’ ward of the Jedi temple,” Joe Calistro replied with a smile on his face. “His surgeon is a Jedi knight and quite confident that Ivano will recover after a long time of recuperation.”

“Ah Jedi,” Sebeler stood up, opened a closet and took the remains of a battle droid. “You must have a high opinion of Jedi. I don’t. They have their special rules, special this and that and are making my life difficult. This was done by Jedi. Now that I have your report Calistro I can contact those Jedi.”

“The rest of my report is there,” Joe Calistro pointed to his bag. “It contains our dirty masks and pictures from boots that do protect us from the kind of harm Ivano experienced. Ivano didn’t have a chance when that rubble penetrated his boot.”

“Jedi have caused all this. They are responsible for you having to leave the incident with one man short. They can give Arvedai his retirement document after I have made it. I don’t think the Jedi will admit me to their temple after all the dealings I have had with Jedi. I have your report. You are dismissed.” Sebeler sat again down at the comstation, activated it and began “dispatch; get one of those Jedi on the com and tell them that I will meet them at the Glyvos factory at sixteen thirty. And contact my team.”

Baffled by this rude behaviour Joe Calistro took the bag, upended it and left the office without saluting or greeting and closed the door with a loud bang. ‘Bring Ivano’s belongings to Sebeler? No way. I will deliver them personally.’ He stomped towards his airspeeder, gave a curt nod to the snug looking assistant in the parking and slid behind the controls. And he grinned when that assistant had to duck when he had the airspeeder at full speed zooming out of the parking. If that got him a reprimand he would use it or even better; he would begin to write his resignation letter. To return to Anaxes or to go to Corellia to see the nice restaurants and super slamball teams mentioned by healer Bel Kais seemed a better idea.

Jedi temple
    Apartment Siri Tachi
    Meditating and a visit to the children’s farm of Master Ekiway had Obi-Wan busy with avoiding all subtle questions and remarks from Siri about plants, seeds, fruits and flowers when she guided him deliberately to that farm and pointed at a flowering tree.

The visit had them with a basket with fruits to be delivered to Serinka. The cook had made a boxed delicacy.

And suspecting more questions about flora but tempted by the delicacy Obi-Wan had agreed to the invitation from Siri to share that delicacy with some tea at her place. He had the box opened and was getting one of the fruit-pies out of the box when his comlink started to beep.

Grabbing that comlink from his belt had disastrous results. A fruit-pie landed on the floor.

“We are needed Mrs. Tachi,” Obi-Wan grinned.

“Where master Kenobi?” Siri followed with her eyes the delicacy.

“At the Glyvos factory. We are the main suspect in a fire disaster.”

“We can go there but after finishing and cleaning this,” Siri grabbed the upended fruit-pie and started to nibble from it.

“Sebeler expects us at sixteen thirty.”

“I will fly.”

“Ah good and I will contact Jeki Eki to give us Es Jay Ee zero one seven,” Obi-Wan took the second fruit-pie from the box. With Siri now interested in devouring the fruit-pie and anticipating on the fun of the flying towards Glyvos he expected no questions about flora.
    tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, interrupted snack & ... other fun :p But at least they can enjoy the fruit pie ;) That antsy director would make me think he's got itchy poweder in his drawers [face_rofl] [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Ah good and I will contact Jeki Eki to give us Es Jay Ee zero one seven,” Obi-Wan took the second fruit-pie from the box. With Siri now interested in devouring the fruit-pie and anticipating on the fun of the flying towards Glyvos he expected no questions about flora.

The fruit pie sounds delicous.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes more fun for Kenobi and Tachi.
    And antsy director. I have known colleagues behaving like that one and unfortunately they get the big jobs too.

It is and will lead to...

Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

Chapter 20

3 welona
    Dacho District ‘the Works’
    Glyvos factory
    “Es Jay Ee zero one seven knew the road back to Glyvos,” Siri grinned when she guided the transport to the place where a red airspeeder with flashing lights was on the roof of the north building. More flashing lights indicated that the entire factory was off-limits. “And Jeki Eki’s new invention to clean the place of containers followed us like a baby Gundark.”

“And you helped ‘him’ this time,” Obi-Wan quipped. “No fancy flying at all. You did a great job Mrs. Tachi. Gundark puppy Jay Ee seven even likes you.”

“I didn’t dare to try something fancy with you guarding the controls like a mother Gundark,” Siri banked the transport sharply to the left, had it dropping like a stone and made a sharp turn before heading again to the roof.

“Tachi back is my business,” Obi-Wan grumbled when he saw the baby Gundark Jay Ee seven – actually a big converted assault ship filled with droids programmed to search for Sonim infected stuff – following every move. “You can have these controls and if I see you hovering your fingers a millimetre above them I will give you some fancy flying.”

“It’s a deal,” Siri landed the transport with military precision next to the red airspeeder.

Jay Ee seven landed next to the transport.

Obi-Wan had the canopy open and jumped out when a man dressed in full fatigues came towards the transport.

“Better late than never,” the man barked. “Thank you for coming. I am District chief Sebeler.”

“Master Kenobi,” Obi-Wan shook hands.

“Jedi Knight Tachi,” Siri was the next to introduce. “And this Jedi is never late when he is flying with me.” That was whispered for only Obi-Wan to hear.

“You were a bit late because you had to guide the puppy Gundark,” Obi-Wan whispered back.

“Come this way,” District chief Sebeler headed to a place that was covered by a tarpaulin. “My officers have found these remains.” He gave a signal and one of the officers lifted the tarpaulin. “As you can see, these marks were made by a strange cutting device. And this hole? We are sure that these droids were rendered inoperative by Jedi.”

“I did that,” Siri pointed at the neat hole. “And pushing the sputtering droid towards an oil-bin had the flame-throwers becoming active. We were quite busy until you and your firefighters showed up quite on time to save the building.” That was said with a sweet smile.

“We were trying to find evidence from the manufacturing of biohazard materials before more destructive work from the current user had all that evidence gone,” Obi-Wan continued. “We did find the evidence in the form of containers at the south tower. There might be more remains of containers with the Sonim bacteria, named after the colony that suffered almost a year ago from the bacteria.”

“Sonim,” District chief Sebeler got a thoughtful look on his face. “It is a well known name. I have seen a newsflash and after that a full report from our department. The deaths of those people were horrible.”

“The Sonim bacterium had been added to the water supplies of the colony. After it was ingested it caused massive bleeding in the innards. It was wiping out the population of the Sonim colony when we came with a cure that saved one third. And despite our efforts the colony was disbanded and the trade federation moved in to secure the mineral deposits. It was a loss for the republic,” Obi-Wan had his holoprojector in his hand and activated it to show one of the containers. “I see that you have secured the area. Keep it that way until all the containers looking like these are removed by our droids.”

“That help is appreciated,” District chief Sebeler replied with a soft voice. He was a bit white around the nose.

“Jay Ee seven is filled with loadlifter droids programmed for the job and will return to the Jeditemple after the work is finished,” Obi-Wan pointed to the assault ship and pushed a control at his belt. “Just guard the area and let those modified loadlifters do the job.”

“Thank you again and now that you are here, there is something else,” Sebeler turned from the assault ship back to the Jedi when he saw the loadlifter droids floating down on the roof of the south tower. “Chief Calistro had one injured firefighter that is admitted to your healers’ ward.”

“Ivano Arvedai is under the care of our healers,” Obi-Wan replied.

“I have read in the report from Calistro that he will not recover completely,” Sebeler was now all business and reached in his fatigues to produce a sealed envelope and gave that to Siri. “I have decided to ready his documents for retiring him. They are here and you can give them. You know forced retirement is never nice for the crewmember involved and will never lead to any festivities.”

“You don’t want to visit him to give these papers? You are welcome,” Siri said with a pleasant voice and was about to handle the envelope back. “He did save one of our Order.”

“He was just doing his work and visit him? No,” Sebeler put his hands behind his back, eyed the Jedi with his piercing gaze and turned to one of his men “Officer Bradlins send a message to Senate district fire-department number nine. It is for Calistro. Tell him to contact the Jedi to deliver Arvedai’s personal belongings as soon as possible. Arvedai’s room is needed for the replacement.”

“Sebeler is all business. That boss is a Kowal copy,” Siri voiced only for Obi-Wan to hear when she heard the orders.

“Our business seems to be finished,” Obi-Wan voiced back and headed with Siri towards Es Jay Ee zero one seven, jumped in, waited for Siri and had the transport at full speed roaring towards Sebeler and at the last moment headed to the right.

“Did you see his haughty face,” Siri muttered. “We should have let that jerk clean the mess. We are too generous to supply him with the droids.”

“Sebeler doesn’t deserve them but we don’t want any more victims,” Obi-Wan grumbled. “Ivano is the last to suffer from the Sonim threat. We will welcome Chief Calistro when he comes to visit us.”

“Guide us home Kenobi and the garden with the beautiful flowers will be a nice place to unwind,” Siri grinned mischievously when she saw Obi-Wan’s face with a ‘what does she know’ frown. Would he be giving her flowers for her birthday?

Senate district fire-department number nine,
    Unit nine zero two
    “Did you swallow a concrete slug chief?” Terry Chanin was putting her fatigues on her assigned place in the cabin of the engine.

“If it was a concrete slug it had to be Sebeler,” Joe Calistro began to smile. “I visited him today and he wants to retire Ivano. In fact he must have already done that and will give his retirement documents to the Jedi.”

“He doesn’t go to visit Ivano in the Jeditemple?”

“No Terry,” Joe grinned. “He doesn’t seem to like Jedi that much. And dispatch has ordered me to bring Ivano’s personal belongings to the Jedi. I will contact healer Bel Kais tomorrow.”

“And your report and the masks and boots,” Terry had her boots with scrunched down trousers in her hands. “Did he pay attention to that?”

“I don’t think so. Sebeler didn’t pay any attention after beginning to contact dispatch. I left scaring the wits out of his assistant and expect a reprimand,” Joe laughed. “I will go and will give him my resignation letter.”

“And you will be leaving Coruscant? Your wife will like it,” Terry said rather loud.

“Leaving Joe? Sebeler’s doing? Give him our letters of resignation too and come with us to Naboo,” Steven Budiansky came forward with his brother Greg. They had been busy with the ‘ladder’ unit. “There you can see the real ladders.”

“Come with me to Corellia,” Roland Kadecek hurried to the engine.

“That was my idea,” Joe began and told them more about his meeting with Alco Bel Kais.

- - -

Later in the evening Joe was in Ivano’s room and saw the sheets on the floor. He collected them and was about to bring them to the laundry service when he saw the old book on the nightstand. Dropping the sheets he picked up the book and began to leaf very careful through it. And seeing the beautiful paintings he decided to bring this book – with the other personal belongings – as soon as possible to the Jedi temple. Ivano’s room would be ready for the replacement. But Joe doubted if he would see him or her.

tbc

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Later in the evening Joe was in Ivano’s room and saw the sheets on the floor. He collected them and was about to bring them to the laundry service when he saw the old book on the nightstand. Dropping the sheets he picked up the book and began to leaf very careful through it. And seeing the beautiful paintings he decided to bring this book – with the other personal belongings – as soon as possible to the Jedi temple. Ivano’s room would be ready for the replacement. But Joe doubted if he would see him or her.

I seriously doubt that MsLana/ Etain sees me sitting about three meters away from her. She writes her updates on fanfiction.net only these days and is not in the JC anymore. It is not that the move was too long for her. She needs readers who comment her stories.

So I doubt she ever will return, dear bird.

Thanks for the update and being there for the birthday party yesterday. @};-

7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Got a start finally, Earlybird...read the first part of the first chapter. I like it! Good references to Jabiim...some of your references to how Siri "helped" him ;) also seemed to be reference to Val's story about Jabiim...

Will read more as I get a chance...

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And thanks for the nice day at your place[face_dancing]
    Valary was my great inspiration for parts of this story. It takes place shortly before the battle of Azure and I want to show the great love between Obi-Wan and Siri
    Flowers and their meaning are an important part

In the next chapter more trouble for the men

Chapter 21

4 welona

Jedi temple
    Residential wing
    Kenobi-Skywalker apartment
    Smiling inwardly Obi-Wan opened the door to his balcony to care for the potted plants and remembered yesterday.

After coming back with Siri from the Glyvos factory he had first contacted temple dispatch that Chief Calistro would be coming to the Jedi temple. And he had left a message for the healers before following Siri to the wild garden next to the healers’ ward where he had spent some nice moments with her. And Siri pointing to one of the Nephril bushes had him now considering that potted plant as a gift for her. But; the bush had no flowers. He had seen flowers all those years ago when he was recovering from those injuries sustained in the attempted bombing of the shopping mall. Yes that had been Sebeler ordering the medics to transport him to the nearest hospital. But medics and master made a different decision.

‘No flowers here and I haven’t seen them elsewhere on all the Nephril bushes present here in the gardens. But if I remember correctly this bush didn’t have them before my injury. I will ask Kaagi or Aaqu if they know a way to get the bush producing flowers.’

Healers’ ward surgery wing
    IC ward room seven
    Alco Bel Kais was humming contently. He had been the one to guide Ivano back to the IC ward with nurse Utliani helping him after Ivano had his second surgery to insert a new batch of beads in his thigh. That the beads were not entirely depleted gave him an indication that the treatment was working even faster than expected. And Kaagi’s idea to send Ivano with the next group of trainees to Lingala was now even more appealing. He had seen the resignation papers brought to him by Jedi knight Tachi.

Hubert had the anaesthesia equipment ready and asked “one more procedure for beads?”

“Yes Hubert,” Alco replied. “The antibiotics are very successful battling the bacteria and I will plan the last procedure for six welona. After that a final one for beads-removal and he will be on his way to recovery with his muscles being able to heal.”

“And the bag with Midillamin? Do you need a second one?” Hubert pointed to the bag that was almost empty.

“Aaqu has left the OT after taking blood- and urine samples. If there are no more remains of dead midi-chlorians in those samples a new bag won’t be necessary. I will go to see him in the laboratory. And Hubert keep his temperature low. His core-temperature still bothers me.”

“The Sonim bacteria must be causing his fever. Break down products from the bacteria are a known nuisance. They activate other bacteria and those cause inflammation. I was with the team to the Sonim colony and have seen the results of internal scans,” Hubert checked the temperature display and programmed the unit to lower that temperature with two degrees. A normal core temperature was what he wanted for his patient.

Laboratory
    “The Midillamin has chased the dead midis out of his body but look at that,” Kaagi was sitting before an analyser with Aaqu peeking over his shoulder when Alco came in. “We have discarded transitional epithelium cells of the bladder in this sample. Those are the remains of the Sonim bacteria interfering with the Midillamin remains and inflaming the cells. Ivano is in more trouble. I am glad I have put a triway catheter in enabling treatment and inspection.”

“Something nasty,” Alco was now next to Aaqu. “Hubert has told me that the Sonim bacterium was designed to attack the linings of the guts causing inflammation in the cells. Break down products activate bacteria and cause inflammation. That must be the cause for his fever. Get that report on the screen.”

Kaagi’s hands flew over the touch-screen and saw the used methods by the team.

Alco pointed at a passage in the report. “With the triway in we can battle that inflammation with E-473 flush treatment until the cells have regenerated. I will get the first bag prepared.” He stood up and walked to a supplies cabinet, took a bag with sterile water, a vial and syringe.

“We have to inspect those cells to see the extent of the inflammation,” Kaagi stood up.

“Sith bacteria,” Alco grumbled.

“I will see you at Serinka’s,” Aaqu said.

“Keep one of the fruit-pies for me,” Alco headed back to the IC ward with Kaagi following him. And getting his comlink he contacted Hubert to have the cam-equipment ready.

Serinka’s restaurant
    “He is lucky. Only his whole bladder is infected,” Alco said when he sat down next to Aaqu.

“The Midillamin will be gone today in the afternoon and we can begin the E-473 treatment.” Kaagi took one of the plates with a fruit-pie from Aaqu’s tray and just as he was putting that plate down a soft snicker was heard.

“Who are eating the last fruit-pies?” Obi-Wan grinned when he put his tray down with a single cup of steaming caf. “Just the guys I need.”

“You don’t need this fruit-pie Obi-Wan,” Kaagi shook his head. “I saw you taking three fruit-pies with your breakfast at Serinka or is that forgotten? Or do you want an update on Ivano’s condition?” He began to follow what Aaqu and Alco were doing and that was guiding the first spoon with pie to his mouth.

“No and yes Kaagi,” Obi-Wan sat down.

“Ivano will finish the Midillamin treatment today but that has given more complications,” Kaagi halted his hand with the spoon and told more with Alco and Aaqu adding the details.

Three fruit-pies remained untouched.

Obi-Wan listened.

“We will keep him in the intensive care ward until his fever is gone,” Kaagi finished. “And there is something more I presume.”

“I know that you have a great knowledge of Nephril bushes and their flowers,” Obi-Wan stated.

“Uh yes,” Kaagi grinned. “Nephril bushes flower when they are getting the care they need.”

“I am giving my potted plants all the care. Master Jinn has instructed me and I began to like the care for the plants. But the Nephril bush had only flowered a few times after that time where it flowered after being for fifteen years without flowers.”

“You want to give it to Siri for her birthday,” Aaqu enquired with a gentle smile on his face. He stopped eating.

“Uh I do,” Obi-Wan replied a bit baffled. The healer had sensed what he wanted.

“It will bloom on that day,” Aaqu began to guide a second spoon with pie to his mouth.

Beep pi beep pi
    Alco dropped his spoon and reached for his comlink “Bel Kais.”

Dispatch. I have a visitor for you. Joe Calistro is here at the entrance with his crew.

“I will come immediately,” Alco closed his comlink, stood up and headed with Aaqu and Kaagi following him out of the restaurant.

“Guard our fruit-pies,” Kaagi turned his head when he heard a scraping sound and saw Obi-Wan busy with the tray.

“I will master Adin,” Obi-Wan replied with a smile when he saw Serinka coming out of his kitchen with another fruit-pie.

Main entrance
    “WOW, this is where Ivano is staying,” Greg Budiansky was the last of the crew to come through the great doors of the main entrance of the Jedi temple. He had followed Katleen Fafard who had parked ‘Engine’ nine zero two at the base of the grand stairs leading to that entrance and had parked the ‘ladder’ next to the engine.

Katleen had voiced a faint protest when Chief Calistro directed her to guide the engine towards the Jedi temple after one of the emergencies of the day. ‘We are ten K out of our designated area’ was what she had said and Calistro had answered that it was just another notch on his state of disobedience. She was guarding her com like a hawkbat. Any alert coming from that and she would rush back to her engine with the rest of the crew following her.

“It is where Ivano will recover,” Joe Calistro replied with a relaxed smile on his face. He didn’t mind at all that he was now ten K out of his district. He was going to resign. “Uh Katleen we can reach any emergency on time if you just push.”

“Don’t worry officer!” That came from one of the beige clad men.

“Welcome,” Alco stepped forward and introduced Chief Calistro to Kaagi and Aaqu.

Chief Calistro did the same with his crew and saw Katleen relaxing when the healer – Kaagi Adin – gave her again the insurance that no emergency was coming for her crew.

“But I will stay here near the entrance,” Katleen said.

“That’s alright. We just have to deliver this and we will plan another visit when Ivano can have visitors,” Joe put down a large bag. “We have brought Ivano’s belongings. He had only a few personal things and has stayed during his years here on Coruscant in one of the guest rooms of our department. And this is something he will like when he is awake. He had bought it at an antiques store and was going to read it but couldn’t when Glyvos happened.” Joe opened the bag to extricate a book.

“Ivano is sedated because we have him on thermal treatment,” Kaagi took the book and began to tell more. He finished pointing at the book “I will give it to him and will inform you when you can visit him.” He turned to Katleen “and you have one hour before the next emergency calls you away.”

“That will have us with enough time to visit the CUMC-restaurant,” Joe Calistro grinned. “That is in our district. Do you want to join us?”

“Kaagi, Aaqu and I have some unfinished business with fruit pies at Serinka’s,” Alco replied. “You will love them when you come to visit us again.”

“We will wait for your message,” Joe shook hands with the healers and left with his crew.

Serinka’s restaurant
    “Obi-Wan,” Siri laughed when she hurried to the table where the man was finishing the last of a delicious fruit pie. “You don’t remember what happened two days ago I presume?”

“I do remember and these,” Obi-Wan pointed at the three fruit pies in various stages of being eaten “are the fruit pies I am guarding for the healers now meeting with the firefighters. Serinka brought me just one fruit-pie.”
    “Only one?” Siri sat down next to him and guided a hand to his middle.

“Only one,” Obi-Wan laughed when she began to tickle him. “And don’t do this here.”

“Only Serinka is watching us. He knows and look; he is coming with a second pie for you and one for me.”

Obi-Wan began to grin mischievous when he placed his spoon in the second pie. It was soon loaded and zooming towards Siri’s mouth and she had to eat the offered pie to avoid getting messy.

Siri loved it of course and she was swallowing a piece when she heard the soft footsteps.

“You have guarded our fruit-pies I see,” Kaagi sat down, put the book on the table and began to eat.

Aaqu and Alco did likewise after putting down the bag.

“Reading a real book?” Obi-Wan had waited for Kaagi to finish his frui-pie and had had his fun feeding Siri, who was now snuggled close to him and tickling him softly. But that didn’t bother him. The three healers now sitting at their table knew about the more than friendship between them.

“No, it is from Ivano,” Kaagi replied. “Chief Calistro and his crew brought Ivano’s belongings. Maybe I have some books he will like too.” And opening it he saw the beautiful paintings and the familiar and strange languages. “It is written in the Dunai elder language and some passages are in another language.” He got a thoughtful look on his face and remembered something from his youth. “This must be Dorophin. Jeki Eki showed me a technical manual when I was visiting him with my master. I will make a copy of those pages for Jeki Eki. He loves real books.”

“And you have to ask him to make one more batch of beads,” Alco said. He had finished his fruit-pie and stood up. “I will go to check Ivano’s stats.”

“I will come with you,” Aaqu stood up as well and Kaagi followed giving a wink to Siri.

“The garden for some sparring and relaxing among the fl...” Siri moved her hands to a certain area.

“Siri, you are obsessed with flowers,” Obi-Wan wriggled a bit.

“Relaxing and inhaling the sweet fragrance of flowers is sweet. And flowers? I have another idea. Come Kenobi.”

tbc

What is Siri planning?;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, indeed. What is she planning? A question that I will ask myself all the way to the Harz Mountains.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some work and some teasing;)
    Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

Chapter 22

5 welona
    Jedi temple
    IC ward room seven
    Twenty four hours had passed since giving the first bag with E-473 treatment. Alco and Aaqu were in Ivano’s room to determine if the treatment was working when Kaagi came in with a big smile in his eyes, the only part of his face that wasn’t obscured by the facemask and cap.

“I have the last batch of beads. And Jeki Eki was very pleased when I gave him the copied pages of Ivano’s book. Passages are written in Dorophin. Jeki Eki explained that the Dorophin language was related to the Dunai elder language and to that of the Sheir-Irel. He is now reading and not busy with his inventions.”

“And master Sageon?” Aaqu grinned when he pictured the old Dorophin Jedi sitting quietly in a corner of the workplace with the other master being quite busy with those inventions and even monitoring the progress of Jay Ee seven and the loadlifter droids at the Glyvos site.

“Master Sageon only interrupted once to tell us that Glyvos is almost clean. The Sonim threat is gone. And now let’s see the pictures of the cells.”

“Ready,” Alco gave the cam unit to Aaqu after removing the emptied bag that had filled the bladder with the sterile fluid mixed with the medicines. He had attached a tube to the port of the triway catheter.

Aaqu began to guide the wire with a camera at its tip in. On a monitor the images became visible as he moved the camera farther in. “There, still showing inflammation but the treatment is working.”

“His fever has diminished significantly but we have to schedule the entire treatment to be safe,” Alco stated. “His cells will show regeneration in ten days minimum.”

Kaagi put a note on the chart. Ten days, four bags a day. E-473 treatment. End welona 15. Triway can be removed when cells are healed. Follow standard protocol.
    Aaqu guided the wire back. “We can take away the prop-A-anaestheticum and keep him on light sedatives during the night.”

“He will be awake tomorrow,” Alco remarked. “Do you want that Kaagi?”

“He will appreciate my air-show,” Kaagi replied.

“And we have to explain what has happened after his first wake up,” Aaqu added. “More than a few days have passed for him.”

Apartment Obi-Wan
    Siri’s idea had been very sweet. Obi-Wan grinned when he saw the smudges on the tunics he was dropping in a laundry basket after changing in his sleep-shirt. On their way to a secluded place in the garden of a thousand fountains where flowers were adding a fragrant smell and beauty with the colours they had met crèche master Rian Solma asking them a favour.

Siri must have known because Rian thanked her and headed with them immediately to the crèche.

Baby- and toddler care was for Siri with Obi-Wan helping and stating after the third diaper change that he was more suited for playing with the older initiates. He had done that and with success leading to another day of crèche work and a promise to visit the children’s farm tomorrow. Siri’s doing of course and he hoped to avoid the questions about flora. Today’s crèche work had been half a day because the work was interrupted with a meeting of the high council. And that meeting was with Mace and Yoda the other two participants rather long when holograms of the other council members appeared to report about the different area’s.

Crèche work; Siri had heard about the crèche-master being admitted to the healers’ ward after suffering from an aneurism. The master was saved and had to stay for a few days with the healers.

He had seen crèche master Cali Jemelia and remembered one of his stays at the healers. That had been after a mission with Siri to Korriban to bring a Sith artefact to Jocasta Nu. The mission had been a disaster with Siri and he both suffering from injuries after meeting with a Jekhound. The artifact had been lost to an armoured flying menace and had led to a very irritated Nu. And he had been saved by a nauseous Kaagi Adin who was on Midillamin treatment after saving that crèche master.

And after settling in his bed and pulling the soft comforter up to his nose there was a gentle smile on his face when sleep claimed him. Master Jinn had been the previous owner of that comforter.

tbc

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I always think your scenes detailing treatments are :cool: @};- Glad things seem to be working for Ivano. :) Delightful times with Obi/Siri in the creche. (Aww!) :D

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are working for him and next come his comments.
    And Siri and Obi in the crèche is leading to questions;)

Chapter 23

6 welona

Jedi temple
    OT one
    Ivano was waking up, feeling somewhat detached and strange. Was this the same bed? He was floating. He moved a hand and felt a familiar material. Blue gloves and BA-masks were made of that material and hazmat suits. He heard swishing sounds and saw a large non blinding light-source when he pried his eyes open. His eyes were sticky. What he saw was hazy. Ivano closed his eyes again and felt his bed coming to a stop. More sounds; bleeping ones and footsteps. Someone was wearing clogs. And he opened his eyes again to see a green rectangle surrounding something pink, black and white. It was all very vague. And it remained that way and it didn’t improve that much when he blinked with his eyes.

“You’re awake for my air-show? I hope you appreciate it this time. Don’t worry about your eyesight. We have put salve on your eyes to keep them moist.”

‘There, that must be that healer Kaagi Adin.’ Ivano couldn’t speak. He knew. Kaagi had explained that. The ventilator tube was preventing that. He had bruised lungs and had suffered from smoke inhalation and would be on a ventilator for a few days. ‘A few days; what day is it?’ But he could move his eyes and see more of the hazy surroundings. And yes his hands could move and he started to do that with his left hand. And that was somehow a challenge because he had to navigate with the tube thingy of the IV and bandaid sticking to his hand through the hazmat suit-like material. But he succeeded and had his hand reaching towards the hazy rectangle.

“No Ivano. Let me explain what we are going to do and you can ask questions before he continues with his famous air-show.”

That was Aaqu Maerhin and Ivano felt the blue synthrubber gloved hands settling on his forehead. ‘Is this another surgical procedure?’

“Yes Ivano. We have to re-open the wound on your thigh to remove the empty canisters. They were filled with antibiotics to battle the bacterial infection. We know that the treatment is going as planned. It is a short procedure. And we will put the new ones in. You will be back in your room and bed and guided out of the sedation by Kaagi in half an hour.”

‘I see,’ Ivano knew he couldn’t resist the treatment that was in his opinion a very painful one. He hadn’t seen the size of the canisters. ‘Large thingies in my leg have to be painful.’ But was it? He didn’t feel any pain. It was necessary. ‘How many days have passed?’

“The thingies are little canisters or beads and about half a centimetre in diameter,” Aaqu knew that Ivano didn’t see that much. “We have you on painkillers. Three days have passed since I saw you awake in the IC ward.”

Ivano did a quick calculation and thought ‘asleep for 72 hours?’

“For a bit more than that,” Aaqu was pleased that his patient was very lucid. “We have been keeping you asleep. You told us that you could have dead engwa eiaala and we tested and found those. We had to remove them using Midillamin treatment.”

‘Midillamin treatment is familiar for me. My mentor Erdin Felaron had that treatment after rescuing a child and exhausting his power. Dead engwa eiaala cause a high fever and have to be chased away by that nasty stuff. Erdin was quite nauseous. I don’t feel nauseous at all.’

“We are giving you strong anti-nausea medicines. You have had no new food in your stomach since your admittance here. We are giving you nutrients through the IV. And we could control the fever with thermal sheets. You are covered with them and they are on the mattress.”

‘Ah I am living in a hazmat suit without the nice underwear. I can doff the thing when the danger is gone?’

“We will ‘doff the hazmat suit’ when your fever is gone,” Aaqu grinned. “The remains of the Midillamin still circulating in your blood and interacting with the Sonim bacteria have you running a fever because of an inflamed bladder. For that we are giving you treatment until all the bacteria are gone.”

‘You are using the lower life-support thingy?’

“Yes, four times a day we attach a bag with antibiotics to the catheter, have the fluids stay in your bladder for fifteen minutes and drain them.”

‘Sneaky bacteria. First they infect my thigh and now my innards. Is there a zipper in my leg for easy removal of the canisters and the nasty stuff?’

“We don’t use zippers,” Aaqu laughed. “We will suture your leg shut. You are ready now?”

‘Yes, let the air-show begin.’ Ivano felt one of Aaqu’s hands moving from his forehead and the next thing he felt was unconsciousness claiming him.

Children’s farm
    A tranquil place in the Jedi temple was the children’s farm where only the sounds of nature were heard. It was tranquil; except for the times that a crèche-master with his little charges was visiting the farm. Shouted oh’s and aah’s, he is cute, it is a she, he tickles, he smells bad, no nice and more disturbed that tranquillity. But no one resented it. The farm was for the children and they learned there from the gardener about the various animals that were housed in the Jedi temple.

Siri was there with Obi-Wan and a charge of children. And with Obi-Wan entering the barn she had followed him and the children to listen to stories told by the gardener master Ekiway, a Dorophin humanoid.

And she wondered why Obi-Wan had made a beeline to the barn avoiding all questions from children and her about the flowers that master Ekiway had brought to their attention when they entered.

But did the Dorophin master know why? Siri suspected master Ekiway of a conspiracy with Obi-Wan when he hurried too to get the children inside the barn.

‘Our day of work is just beginning,’ Siri grinned when she heard for the umpteenth time the story about the two chicks Twitter and Calor. ‘We have to return through this garden with flowers and more gardens with flowers. And that Mon Calamari shell-mouth will open and reveal his secret.’

tbc

Thumper09 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Enjoyed the scene in the bar. ;)

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And with some snow coming;) a birthday will lead to ...
    Jade_eyes

Chapter 24

6 welona

IC ward room seven
    “Ivano wake up! Ivano open your eyes.”

‘Hey Kaagi,’ Ivano felt the gloved warm hands on his forehead and opened his eyes to see the healer with his smiling eyes. His eyesight was much better. The salve must have been wiped away. ‘Where was the air-show? I was sleeping before I saw something.’

“Aaqu kept you busy explaining all that had happened and I did my air-show after you lost consciousness. I floated you with Aaqu helping me on the table. But next time you will see the entire show and that’s after tomorrow. It will be nice with you now seeing much better.”

A soft snickering was heard and Ivano moved his eyes to see Aaqu coming in. ‘What’s funny?’

“Yes Aaqu what’s the fun?”

Ivano felt a second pair of gloved hands on his forehead.

“Siri and Obi-Wan are with a group of initiates visiting the children’s farm,” Aaqu grinned. “And Obi-Wan is trying to avoid all questions about flowers.”

‘Obi-Wan will give Siri flowers for her birthday? It is a tradition for bond-mates.’

“He asked me about Nephril flowers and when they bloom,” Kaagi said. “And Aaqu told him that the bush – carefully maintained by Obi-Wan – will bloom tomorrow.”

‘I want to give Nephril flowers too.’

“We will be giving them,” Aaqu stated. “We are going to visit Siri early in the morning with your and our present of Nephril flowers. Our cook Serinka has agreed to bring a nice breakfast for two.”

‘For two? Ah I see. Obi-Wan will be very early at Siri’s place. Breakfast in bed, Nephril flowers and what more do you want.’ Ivano had gleaming eyes. These two Jedi were bonded in the eternity.

“More Nephril flowers,” Kaagi laughed. “Alco and Enga have ideas too after I told them about the flowers and their meaning. You are awake enough now. I will guide your bed now in a reclining position. Don’t worry. You are on heavy painkillers. But tell me if you are feeling dizzy or otherwise uncomfortable.” He pressed the controls.

‘Oh my; this is nice.’ Ivano saw after only a moment of dizziness the trees through the large window. ‘Do you have indoor gardens this big?’

“We have and the garden you can see is one of the smaller ones. The entire healers’ ward and some of the residential apartments for the Jedi working as healers are built around this garden.” Kaagi saw that his patient was comfortable and began to tell him more about the Jedi. And he could show him more of the garden when even an upright position was giving no trouble for Ivano. He told him about the visit of Chief Calistro and crew and about the personal belongings and retirement documents. And he finished with a description of Lingala.

Ivano didn’t mind about that retirement. He was going to Lingala and maybe they would need his services. If not, he would seek a way to return to his home on Moniron.

And Ivano becoming sleepy and beginning to dream had Kaagi getting to know more about his patient. Sweet dreams were followed by realistic adventurous dreams.

Apartment Obi-Wan
    Obi-Wan was on his balcony watching the hazy atmosphere with a wisp of dark smoke indicating a big fire somewhere in the distance. The smoke was adding its darkness to large black clouds that were coming nearer. His work at the crèche had been interrupted again by a meeting in the council room and the sad news that a Jedi master and her entire contingent of clone-soldiers had been killed by a surprise ambush. She had been headed home after a successful mission in the outer rim. Her Jedi-cruiser had come out of hyperspace near the Permelian trade route and had been disabled by floating mines. Destruction had followed in the form of vulture droids swarming the wreckage. The last message had been from the captain signalling that he had ordered to abandon the cruiser.

A second sad event had been a bomb in an arriving public transport killing all passengers and crew except one young boy. The authorities suspected that the banking clan was behind this attack.

And there had been sabotage at the weather control station. The dark clouds were the result. Snow – unexpected – would follow soon.

Obi-Wan turned to his potted plants and began to smile. Even in this time of war and sorrow there was a piece of light. The Nephril bush had now buds in various stages of development. Tomorrow the first buds would bloom for a day and give a birthday a sweet and fragrant touch. More questions about flowers had been avoided by the call to come to the council.

He lifted the potted plant using the Force and carried it inside. Snow was not for this bush but – and he had now a devious smile on his face – it would be a nice surprise for Siri.

They had more crèche work tomorrow but that was after a nice breakfast and the gift. ‘And yes that will work this time. They are irresistible for Siri.’

tbc

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love the nephril flowers. :) Creche work :D Weather's topsy turvy sounds like :p

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Flowers - and snow, an irresistable combination.

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Obi-Wan turned to his potted plants and began to smile. Even in this time of war and sorrow there was a piece of light. The Nephril bush had now buds in various stages of development. Tomorrow the first buds would bloom for a day and give a birthday a sweet and fragrant touch. More questions about flowers had been avoided by the call to come to the council.

He lifted the potted plant using the Force and carried it inside. Snow was not for this bush but – and he had now a devious smile on his face – it would be a nice surprise for Siri.

They had more crèche work tomorrow but that was after a nice breakfast and the gift. ‘And yes that will work this time. They are irresistible for Siri.’

That is romantic! Almost a Valentine update!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Snow here was very inspiring;)
    They will be in the next chapter
    And this one is[face_whistling]

Chapter 25

7 welona

Jedi temple
    Apartment of Siri Tachi
    Stretching languidly in her bed Siri wondered what was waking her up at this early hour. Her chrono indicated a time that was way too early for her usual wake-up time. Was it the soft sound outside her bedroom? The door to the living room was open but she saw nothing. Was it the smell from some fresh baked bread? She was sure that she had not programmed her bread machine, a most welcome gift from one of the healers when she was getting Obi-Wan from very malnourished after Ratatak to a man with a more healthy posture. Or was it the sound of the doorknob now turning? Who had the over-ride code for her lock? Not Obi-Wan. She had offered him but he had declined with the saying ‘you will know when I am there at your door. You have to open the door to let me in.’ She had not given a voice command so who was coming in.

Siri swung her legs out of her bed, grabbed a gown and was dressed in that and in her living room when the cook came in with a very large box. “Serinka? How? Ah healers,” Siri saw three very familiar faces. They had the over-ride code. She sat down on her sofa.

“A potted plant emergency,” Aaqu stepped inside with Alco and Kaagi each guiding a very large potted plant inside the living room on a hoverpad. “It is a gift from Ivano and all the healers.”

“And a very large breakfast ordered by Master Kenobi and Master Maerhin and an invitation to come this evening to a candlelight dinner for two in the shed in the wild garden. Happy birthday Siri,” Serinka placed the box on the table in the living room, opened it and left the apartment after giving a big bow towards Siri.

“The mud has spawned this,” Obi-Wan laughed when he came in with the third very large potted plant.

“Kenobi,” Siri observed the potted plant that she recognised or not. ‘Was that the plant on Kenobi’s balcony when she was helping him to care for it?’ “This is…” and she stopped when she saw the similar white flowers on all three potted plants when the first rays of the rising sun caught their brilliance.

The Nephril flowers were a creation of white with a tiny white heart sporting the black filaments topped with their creamy pollen.

“A gift from the soul for you Siri,” Obi-Wan sat down on the sofa, took Siri in his arms and kissed her on her cheek.

Siri had liquid eyes when she kissed back. The Force was singing to her. This was alright. “Oh my … Kenobi … you gundark … you knew about the flowers … a gift from the soul.”

“Nephril flowers are for soul mates,” Obi-Wan murmured softly.

“Ivano told us about the flowers and their meaning,” Kaagi grinned.

“Thank you,” Siri had a smile on her face. “I will thank Ivano when I am visiting him.”

“We will show him the Nephril flowers in our gardens,” Obi-Wan said. “They were special for my master, for me and now for you.”

“For us,” Siri had Obi-Wan now firmly in her grip and turned her head to gaze more closely at the potted plant. “Pure white with a tiny piece of black,” she observed with a soft voice. “It has me remembering that lesson when I was very young.”

“I know,” Obi-Wan whispered. “Master Yoda told us that even pure white can have a black spot. And for the opposite; black hiding the white it can be but appear it will.”

“And look,” Siri turned to look outside to see her balcony covered with a layer of snow. “More white is hiding the black. And uncovering that will give us fun.”

“With the crèche work but we have breakfast first.” Obi-Wan disentangled from Siri and reached to the large box to grab a buttered sweet roll. He had ordered eight of those when he had heard of the plans of the three healers to have a shared breakfast at Siri’s place. And he saw what healer Maerhin had ordered. The sweet rolls were filled with fruit.

“That crèche work will be fun for Ivano to watch,” Kaagi gave a mischievous wink to Siri indicating the pile of sweet rolls and saw Aaqu nudging Alco with a soft touch. ‘You know who we will help.’

“A great idea,” Obi-Wan agreed. He was unaware of what the three healers were planning. “And with you a bit slow because of this delicious sweet roll …” What he wanted to say more was a series of grumbled hummhs and ahhs because the sweet roll was guided by Siri to his mouth. And with three healers helping Siri and using the Force to pin him down on the sofa where he had spent more nice moments Obi-Wan was the one to become stuffed with sweet rolls and fruit.

“I had ordered them for you too,” Obi-Wan managed to grumble between bites. “It is a welcome change for the bread from that machine.”

“We will visit Serinka for more,” Aaqu laughed and continued more serious “you are still a bit too thin master Kenobi. Jabiim and Ratatak have cost you.” And with that said he left with Alco and Kaagi.

“I am…”

“You are,” Siri grinned when she put the last piece in his mouth. “I have seen you on this sofa asleep and shivering until I covered you with one of my blankets.”

“Jabiim and Ratatak yes and you helped me to heal,” Obi-Wan murmured after chewing on the last piece and swallowing that.

“We were on this sofa when it happened,” Siri moved with her lips to his and gave a kiss. And she tasted with her tongue the fruity taste still lingering on his. She gazed from those changing blue grey eyes – now with a laugh in them – to the box. “Hmmmh sweet and this chocolate sprinkled one is for me.” She took one of the two remaining muffins and began to eat that.

IC ward room seven
    There were healers in his room. Ivano heard the receding footsteps from one of them and blinked a few times with his eyes, opened them and saw the change. His bed was being guided in a reclining position. That was clear to him when he saw the trees now covered with snow. The green clad healer walking away was carrying a bag filled with liquid and there was the other healer with smiling green brown eyes.

Ivano followed those eyes and saw. At the opposite end of the garden were brown cloaked beings guiding beige clad children. He moved with his right hand.

“You are awake for the continuing birthday fun Ivano,” Aaqu placed his hand on Ivano’s forehead. “We had your and our Nephril bush delivered to Siri in the morning. Siri will come to thank you. She appreciated the gift immensely. And the white of the flowers and the snow had Siri and Obi-Wan planning this for the younglings.”

tbc

What is there for Ivano and Aaqu to see?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OK, now you get one: SQUEEEEE! :) :D Thanks. [face_love]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more to come in the next chapter

Jade_eyes
    AzureAngel2

Chapter 26

7 welona

Jeditemple
    Garden near the Healers’ ward

Obi-Wan wasn’t surprised at all when Siri directed the group of initiates to the doors leading to the garden near the healers’ ward. That was a beautiful and wild garden with a roof that could be opened to let the elements in and quite safe for the animals living there in the trees and burrows. Beautiful birds had their nests in the trees and were safe because a grating prevented any predators to enter the garden from outside. Only rain or snow could enter the garden. A shed for the care taker to store his tools was at the other end and it was build to blend in the surroundings with a large window and a brown tiled roof grown over with moss and vines.

Obi-Wan had spent many nice moments in this particular garden. Some moments were from long ago. Even Anakin liked the garden. And he had a gentle smile on his face when he spotted the shed that was now again covered with snow. He had been with Siri in that shed after a snowball fight. ‘That was fun but now I will be the one to get her…’

Siri of course sensed his mischievous intent and was ready. She gathered some snow, kneaded that in a ball and slipped it between tunics and obi when Obi-Wan started to bow down to gather his snow. A second snowball followed and marked the first white spot on a brown cloak.

“Snowball attack,” Siri shouted. “Have them coming. This is your chance to pepper a member of the high council with snowballs. He will be a bit slow and will love it.”

Obi-Wan was still making his first snowball. He was a bit slow after the breakfast but he wanted a large one to retaliate for the snowball that was now slowly making its way downward to his middle.

Initiates copied what the adults were doing and snow was soon flying towards Obi-Wan.

“Hey this is unfair or,” hollering with laughter Obi-Wan slipped and slid in the snow and landed on his posterior. He saw the gleaming eyes and felt the utterly devotion to this mischievous fun coming from Siri. It was her birthday. And more; it would end in that shed with a dinner. After guiding the initiates back to their crèche he would return with her to the garden and enter a second snowball fight. And that? He felt the warmth that melted the snow and more.

IC ward room seven
    ‘That was nice.’ Ivano was blinking with his eyes when his bed was guided down by Aaqu. ‘Never knew that Jedi could have that much of fun.’

“Jedi are allowed to have that fun. Initiates are becoming Jedi but we should never forget that they are children with a right to play.”

‘And now they are back in their rooms with great stories to tell I suppose?’

“Yes. And after that it’s bedtime.”

‘They will be sleepy after all that snow. I am sleepy.’

“You are yes and because you felt no discomfort we have decided to reduce the pain-killers.”

‘I have to get the feeling of my body back yes and I can use what my teachers have taught me about the use of what you Jedi call the Force.’

“But don’t exhaust your engwa eiaala again. Your fever is diminishing. I will let you sleep now. Tomorrow is the last surgery planned.”

Before Ivano could remark that the icky hazmat suit could go now with a diminishing fever he saw the smiling eyes of Aaqu giving him a wink when sleep claimed him.

Senate district fire-department number nine,
    Unit nine zero two
    Green shift

“That concrete slug will be surprised.” Joe Calistro was headed to the exit with Greg and Steven Budianski.

“You have to visit him for your reckless flying?” Greg halted before the airspeeders.

“That and my resignation form,” Joe answered with a smile on his face.

“We will accompany you,” Steven said. “Sebeler will have to form a new team.”

“Yes with only Katleen, Dean and Terry remaining he has to,” Joe remarked. “Roland will come with us. He is resigning too and returning to Corellia. He will be at my apartment at nine-hundred on welona nine. Be there and we will swarm Sebeler’s office. And I hope for some news from Ivano and when we can visit him.” With that he hopped in his airspeeder.

“We will be there chief,” Steven headed to his airspeeder with his twin.

“See you,” Joe guided his airspeeder outside. He was looking forward to both visits. Sebeler marked the end of his Coruscant career but the Jedi and Ivano was something nice. And he hoped to see Kaagi Adin again. That name had him remembering something from his youth on Anaxes. Coming back home after that first visit to the temple he had taken the diary from his father Jon Calistro. He had inherited that diary after the death of his father. Reading it he came to one event where his father was on duty and responding to the Galaxy-hotel fire. His father was alive because Kaagi had saved him when the hotel started to collapse.

Jeditemple
    Garden near the Healers’ ward

With a dreamy look on her glowing red face Siri looked up for a moment to the already dark windows of the healers’ ward when she was following Obi-Wan to the shed. The snowball fight with the initiates had been great fun and the gifts of the flowers were sweet. And the second fight – ended only a few moments ago – had been great. She had lost that fight but didn’t mind. “Thank you Ivano. Thank you Aaqu, Kaagi, Alco and Serinka.”

A door was opened by Obi-Wan.

Siri entered and saw the cushions and blankets around the low table with the covered plates and the lit candles casting with their flames the small shed in a soft yellow glow. And she turned and saw the smiling eyes, the face again matching the colour of his hair and the slightly open lips and moisture from the snow on that face. Her last snowball had ended up on his forehead and was still dribbling down. Those lips! She took one of her long sleeves and wiped that snow away. And she put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him. She felt the Force swirling inside her. It felt good. This was love as it was meant by the Force, passion without possession. She was for him. She was his soul-mate. Nephril flowers were for mates bonded by the Force.

- - -

Obi-Wan was snuggled comfortably on the cushions with Siri next to him. Plates were smudged with little left-over things in the form of bones – Siri had enjoyed the spicy Nerfchops – and kernels of fruits.

The first kiss had ended after a long time. A dinner had followed and ended with a second even longer kiss. Cloaks, robes and more were discarded with a ‘they are wet and have to dry’ and blankets were very convenient to get very comfortable.

It felt good for Obi-Wan. He had seen the candles burning down but the soft glow of a heating element in the shed provided enough light and warmth to have him comfortable.

And Siri was comfortable too. She had her hands entwined with his.

For both the war was now far away.

tbc

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Now THAT is a nice birthday.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy happy sigh. :D @};-

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It felt good for Obi-Wan. He had seen the candles burning down but the soft glow of a heating element in the shed provided enough light and warmth to have him comfortable.

And Siri was comfortable too. She had her hands entwined with his.

For both the war was now far away.

A moment of peace in uncertain times.

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL, Nicole got to read all the mushy buildup in one go [face_dancing] [face_dancing]