main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Palpatine WILL appear in star wars 7-9, this is how...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!lucas's orignal trilogy of trilogies was anakins's fall in part one, the rise of luke and defeat of vader in part two and part three would have seen him fight the emperor and find the other force user and pass on what he had learned. now the common held theory is that Lucas was so burned out by ROTJ that he decided to kill the emperor in ep 6 and be finished. however in ROTS palpatine siad that he and anakin could work together to discover the secret of eternal life. how do we know that they did not succedd? maybe that is why anakin appears as a ghost the end of ROTJ because he and palps had discovered the same method as QuiGON. So my theory is that palpatine will indeed return in the new trilogy possible as a ghost and he will try to ressurect himself. What you guys think?.

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I think no.

3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    If Darth Sidious does return, I think it would be via a holocron, I don't see any other way. At least as far as the films go, I think GL meant for the force ghost ability to be a Jedi thing, but we shall see. Also, hope it doesn't happen, but just in case it does, IBTL.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I doubt it. I mean...why do we constantly want to bring back old characters? Time for some new characters *scary I know*

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Figure something else out.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  6. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Whilst Palpatine is an interesting and, in my opinion, seriously unexplored character in the saga, I don't like this idea. I'd rather see a young Palpatine spin-off than see his making a gratuitous appearance in the ST. I really loved Ian McDiarmid's finally free-to-be-who-he-really-is turn as Palpatine in RoTS, I don't want to see him shoe-horned into the ST for the sake of pleasing the fanboys, despite being a fan since the release of the OT.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Locking. Already have a Palpatine thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.