main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So, I May Have Cancer....

Discussion in 'Community' started by G-FETT, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Good luck. Your in my thoughts and prayers.[:D]

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    All my best/much, much luck, Gavin.

3. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    Best of luck to you!

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    People can just detect it earlier, and operations to remove tumors have a much higher rate of success.

My grandmother had brain cancer when she was 79, which she may have had for decades, but the radiation and operation was a complete success and she's sharper than most middle-age people I know and she just turned 90.

My 40-year-old cousin had a tumor 10 years ago, which she recovered from fine, and now she has another one right now that will be operated on in a few weeks and the whole process is much better for her than it was 10 years ago.

My little cousin, who's 7 now, also had a brain tumor that had to be operated on when she was about 4 years old and she's fine now.

And my friend's mom had breast cancer 5 years ago, and they found it in the later stages but not too late, and she's fine.

My friend in elementary school and high school also had recurring cancer again a few years ago (and she had it really rough in elementary school), but the treatment was much more effective and she's cancer-free again.

15-20 years ago, when I was in elementary school, it was so different, basically everyone I know from cancer died (except for that one friend in elementary school).

Now I know even more people who have had cancer in the last 10 years, and only one died from cancer, my uncle, but that's because he refused to see any doctor for years and was also dealing with Lyme's disease and alcoholism and depression and divorce and a bunch of other problems.

They can just detect is earlier, and doctors are much more experienced with dealing with it, operations are better and more precise, treatments have improved, and I've got to say that it's actually getting to the point that it's very rare to hear someone die from cancer alone anymore.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Thoughts are with you, G-FETT. Keep your chin up.

6. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Thoughts and prayers heading your way, G-Fett.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Hang in there, wishing you the best of luck.

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] [:D] G, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    We're pulling for you, G.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Thinking of you Gman, good luck. But yeah the timing of this thread is hilariously bad.

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope things turn out okay. Best of luck!

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks all. :)

Well, had the biopsy done on Monday, now Thursday evening here and still no call from the hospital telling me to get myself in for MRI's and blood work. People keep telling me I'd have heard by now if it was bad news, but I'm not sure.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Seeing as tomorrow is Friday (and the end of the week) can you call them to ask about it?

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about your scare and your parents' poor health. Wish I had something more meaningful and helpful to say than that. But we are absolutely thinking of you. Good luck!

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yes, you can. But, be prepared: If they tell you they can't give you the results over the phone, but insist that you speak with your doctor, it's probably not good. If they do give you the results over the phone...let us know right away!

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are in my prayers. Well, in this thread, anyhow...

Join us all in any other thread in JCC for an indepth discussion on the pointlessness and naïveté of praying...

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Good luck! Hope everything turns out well.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope it's nothing. Good luck and we're always here for you if you need laughs and moral support!

19. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Don't scare him like that. How his doctor communicates test results is going to depend on the policies of the practice and how busy the doctor is, not on how bad the news is. Assuming the people he's seeing are competent, they'll tell him the test results as quickly as they responsibly can, whether that means in person or over the phone.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah, I love my doctor - have stuck with her for years because she and her office are just amazing people, but they won't tell me whether I have the flu over the phone, even if I'm hacking up a lung.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well I received a letter in the post today saying I'd got to go and discuss the results with my specilist on March 27th.

I'm taking this as a good sign. I seriously doubt they would leave someone with cancer for six weeks....

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ouch - that's a long time to wait. Hopefully that means it is good news.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I've been speaking with a radiologist on another forum and he's told me they wouldn't leave me six weeks with cancer.

I would be called in within a week or two at most.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow. That is still six weeks of absolutely sucky uncertainty. I don't know if I'd be able to handle that were I in your position.

Regardless, best of luck and well wishes to you. :)

25. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    That sounds right to me, but can you call the doctor directly and ask to discuss the results over the phone?