main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Orlando, Florida

Discussion in 'Community' started by LifeInTechnicolor, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Go to Disney World so that way you'll hate it and never go there again.

2. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I vaguely remember that Disney told me that the shuttles from the airport to the apartments took up to an hour and a half,but I think Disney has special shuttles to take the interns to work,but I'll definitely look into Zipcar.

3. LifeInTechnicolor

Sep 3, 2012
    I do get to go to Disneyworld for free.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Wow, I see JCC cynicism is in full effect. I have a friend who worked at Disney for a short time and she loved it.
    Disney is so big and surrounded by straight up tourist stuff that you might have trouble getting out to the actual city (and there is one) on public transit.

Do you get to hang out in the parks for free on your off time?

LifeInTechnicolor likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's good. I did like Epcot, but that was late at night when there weren't that many people there. Disney World is a lot of fun at night.

6. LifeInTechnicolor

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes,yes I do.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Disney's perfect business model. Stay in company apartments with no transportation so the wage they give you is spent in their own parks, essentially providing them with free labour!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. LifeInTechnicolor

Sep 3, 2012
    Technically,I'm an intern,so I'm lucky that I'm being paid at all.I could have my own transportation,but I can't afford driving my Hyundai Accent from Wisconsin to Florida.I highly doubt it would make it anyway.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    That is awesome! You can spend all day in the parks without buying anything but food since all the rides/shows come with admission. I would have loved to have done that when I was younger.
    One cool thing would be meeting the Epcot employees that are there from all the countries represented.

My godson has never been out of the U.S. but I got him to talk to people from like 8 different countries when we took him.