main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I say you can't go wrong with Besany. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You know, I'm kinda kicking myself at the moment. When we first did Etain, all I could think of was Ellen Page. But now I've found someone who is pretty much perfect for the role, and Etain's already been filled.
    [​IMG]

Finished watching Deep Space Nine, just realized that Nicole De Boer was also in Cube and Stargate Atlantis (Aka, the best Stargate).

3. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Woooah woah woah. Hold on there buddy, Atlantis is by far the worst Stargate! :p

Now, back on topic, I'd say we should go for the most major characters first, starting with Besany.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No, actually the worst Stargate was Universe, but that's beside the point.

Bring on Besany Wennen.

5. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    I'd actually argue that Universe is by far the best of all three Stargate series. But of course we're all entitled to our own opinions.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I couldn't stand it because it didn't feel like Stargate, it felt like BSG re-imagined.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    I think we can all agree that the worst Stargate was Roland Emmerich's movie. Ironic that the series started with the weakest link. But Atlantis kicked ass.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I loved the Star Gate film :p Can't watch the TV shows.

Also if anyone wishes to chime in on the upcoming EUC election speak now if you have any thoughts on who you would like to see representing and working to build the EUC. Our own Bardan Jusik is once again on the ticket, running as Vice Chancellor with s65Horsey and their oppenents are SkywalkerT-65 with Rebecca_Daniels as running mate.

As I represent our group should we decide by vote to go one way or another that is how I will cast the vote in the Senate.

For those new to the forum, the EUC Senate decides how things are run in a real world manner on this forum, what events are planned and sanctioned, so on, so forth. It is not role playing, though those aspects due crossover sometimes, its about real world forum leadership.

Commander_Ducky and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I actually enjoyed the film too, though I liked SG-1 even better. The other two shows I could do without.

[​IMG]

10. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    You know with the Dawn of the Jedi series coming out, with the timeline and all, I hope they include the Taungs in them somehow. That'd be straight up epic.

Bardan_Jusik and Mia Mesharad like this.
  11. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    The Stargate movie rocked.

Now, on a more relevant topic- when is the next casting round coming up, Rob? :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Okay, I give in. I'm here. I've read the first Republic Commando novel and I'm well into the second. I'm slogging through The Clone Wars to get to the Mando parts... it's safe to say that I'm a fan now, though I'm still looking for more material to absorb.

I better not have to run a gauntlet to join. :p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope we are pretty easy going on the joining. Find the last member's list and add your name to it. Once that is done, be a regular poster here and that's it. ;)

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    The Stargate movie was fun, and I do have a soft spot for Emmerich's movies, but compared to the tv series that were spawned from it, the movie is really silly. That's not a bad thing, but the spinoffs are superior.

15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Hello hello. Do yourself a favor and grab Jango Fett: Open Seasons. Provides a lot of backstory for the Mandalorians that gives context to the RC novels and the Death Watch episodes of The Clone Wars.

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I will keep an eye out for that one, thanks. I kind of dove head first into this and I keep having to look stuff up on the wook to not get confused. Luckily I've had to listen to Bardan for months so I know a bit.

And I'll look for the member list later :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Excellent. Now we have to teach you enough Mando'a to get by with :p

Good to see you have your be'sol'a straight. :D

Soon.

19. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    You know, you move about as fast as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping when it comes to these casting call things mate.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Ba'gede'ye Zand'ika :p

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've been picking it up thanks to Bardan :p You can blame him for me being here. I mean, I always like the Mandos when I was younger (see: 3 year old me jumping up and down when I see Fett in the OT) I just kind of forgot in the ensuing 17 years.

And I, er, "found" Open Seasons, it was a good read, definitely explains a lot. Thanks for the rec :)

Robimus and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Wait, I missed a Stargate discussion? :(

Anyway, the absolute worst would be Infinity (the cartoon). That is all :p

23. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    Non-canon. Doesn't matter. :p

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Ahh, the classic 'non-canon doesn't matter' defense :p

(won't see me complaining though, since non-canon= not polluting the overall story)

25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Su'cuy, vode

I come bearing gifts this time, a product of my boredom on a Saturday evening (and my mouse not working and having to switch to my drawing tablet)

A link, as to not overwhelm the page. While with many errors, all of which are my own and the fault of the reference I was using (an action figure), I present to you some sort of Mando lady. This wasn't intended to be anyone in particular, and since I'm terrible at naming, let alone picking a Mando name, she remains nameless for now. :)