main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I endorse this message.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's something on the to-do list for the new boards. It's our hope that we can get all our banners converted over eventually, but the way the new board works currently we're limited to one or two styles.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Lord know that I would love to see your NR/GA/Ackbar/Stazi banner back. Cause it was simply wicked. :cool:

--Adm. Nick

The2ndQuest and Blithe like this.
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Good second episode of Community, far better than the first. Loved the Jeff/Annie moments, as usual.

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I am happy to hear that, Wes. I am on the West Coast, so I am still a few hours off from the episode airing, but I agree that the season opener just felt "off".

--Adm. Nick

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Meh, I missed Community and Parks & Rec since I was in class. At least I can catch The Office and Archer. :)

7. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I'm a pro Jeff/Annie shipper, but the entire episode was great. The characters felt right, and the plot was less crowded. Plus it had some of that classic community mix of both humor and meta humor, and actual emotional moments. And the return of a character that was good to see and fit extremely well into the episode. Plus, far less Dean craziness.

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Less of the Dean is a good thing. I find him funny, but they overuse him at times. I am torn on the whole Jeff/Annie/Britta thing. I might lean towards team Britta, but they definitely see to be moving away for that.

--Adm. Nick

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Jedi Trace

So I saw this news about Marvel romance novels using She-Hulk and Rogue. I think we are close to getting our Star Wars romance novels. Who should we start campaigning for?

Luke/Mara
    Corran/Mirax
    Cade/Deliah

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Corran/Otters

"ROMP ACROSS THE STARS"

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    My first though was that that pairing would actually be a fun read, but then I hopes got dashed and it turns out they did not in fact go She Hulk / Rogue. [face_plain] I guess I will have to keep waiting for a Scandal Savage DC romance novel, oh wait the Secret Six never happend as it seems, thx for the Reboot DC. :rolleyes:
    Though since it is Marvel Luke/Dani novel :p

12. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Jeff and Britta are terrible together. What is your take on Troy/Britta though?

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    COLE FARDREAMER/TASH ARRANDA.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Nrin/Ibstam

Mirax Terrik and Gorefiend like this.
  15. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Kol/Nei Rin.
    Obi-wan/Asajj.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  16. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
  17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Kyle Katarn/Bryar pistol.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I like these memories, sir!

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    What do you think of The Office lately? I find it difficult to care about the characters anymore; Pam and Jim's issues fail to stir any emotion in me and the stories in the past few seasons have been increasingly fantastic (and not in a good way).

20. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Zuckuss/Toryn Farr

...what? :p

21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    The Troy/Britta thing is kinda odd in that they don't seem to develop it very much. They allude to the relationship or we see a brief moment (ie, a kiss or holding hands), but they don't seem to focus alot of attention on them.

It was a better episode, but it still felt a bit off. I am not sure if that is due to Harmon having to leave the show or if all the behind the scences drama that leaked out about the cast & crew has kinda put a tarnish on the whole thing. I do hope that the show can overcome these things, but time will tell.

--Adm. Nick

22. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    So the new Creepy Michael Emerson show Person of Interest starts here on Wednesday. Has anyone watched it, and if so, is it a good show? I decided to give it a go for Michael Emerson alone, but does it have anything else to offer?

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Pam and Jim became stale quite a while ago, and now they're trying really hard to make their dynamic interesting again. I'm curious to see where they'll go with the documentary crew. Dwight is still pretty cool, and there's something about Andy that I really like. He's a douche, but at least he's consistently a douche.

I really do think it's completely different since Michael Scott left. He was the lifeblood of the show, and it's pretty much a shadow of its former self without him. But hey, Daryl is still around, so that's a plus. :)

24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations, you've just found the best thing on television.

25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I endorse this message.

Lugija -- it's essentially a superhero show with Big Brother overtones instead of costumes, and one of the very few I've ever seen that eschews the traditional "one big bad per season" format to instead develop a PROPER rogues' gallery and do it really bloody well.

Emerson is fantastic, and Caviezel is creepy and monotone but it works.

You can also easily pretend it's a prequel to Terminator. :p

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.