main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kryptonjedi, Feb 14, 2013.

?

Favorite Season of the Clone Wars

1. Season One

2. Season Two

3. Season Three

4. Season Four

5. Season Five

6. Season Six

7. Season Seven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    As of right now my favorite season would be Season Four.

Shadow Warrior, Krell Arc, Slaves of the Republic Arc, Rako Hardeen Arc and the last four episodes of the season are some of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

Season 2 would be runner up because as I rewatched it I realized IMO there weren't any episodes that I disliked and the season to me was pretty consistent.

What is everybody else's favorite season?

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    As of now, I would have to say Season 4 as of now, but Season 5 might eclipse that with this current arc. The stories have matured, threads are connecting, and there were only two episodes in Season 4 that I deplore. The Umbara, Zygerria, and Hardeen arcs were brilliant in how they tied to the films and deepened the lore of Star Wars in general.

Season 4 > Season 5 > Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 1 as of now

3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    As of now

Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 2 = Season 1 > Season 5

Season 5 has the best episodes..... But it also has the worst *cough*4partdroidarc*cough*..... Sorry about that. Season 5 had the potential to blow away the other Seasons, and not gona lie im feeling a bit disappointed. Especially because we were jiped out of the Clovis arc and only got 20 episodes.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    While I think S4 has the best arc with Rex and Umbara, as a season as a whole it's got to be S2 for me. Overall as a season it's just great.

S3 has hit and miss moments. to be truly great while S1 the show was finding it's feet.

5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    1. Season 4 - The season with the most consistent level of high quality.
    2. Season 2 - Same as the above, only the arcs aren’t as interesting overall
    3. Season 3 - The second half is IMHO the best half of any season, just amazing. The first half is just awful though.
    4. Season 1 - The more childish episodes and aspects (that were mostly gone by season 2), drags down an otherwise very well balanced season.
    5. Season 5 - It has the best arc of the series (The Shadow Conspiracy arc), and is possibly gearing up with a great season finale arc, but the first three arcs of the season
    were dull IMHO. Onderon felt empty, lacked proper character depth and explanation for why random planet 89 should matter to us.
    Young Jedi had good episodes, but feels to childish as a whole and the last two episodes felt like rehashes of previous ones, a race through the same canyon as before etc. The Droid arc speaks for itself.

Overall, love the show.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 1

Season 4 doesn't have any episodes that I truly dislike. We begin with a couple of exciting and unique battle sequences in the Mon Cala arc, followed by a good light-hearted R2-3PO duology (an homage to the previous Droids cartoon) along with 4 fantastic darker-scewing stories - Umbara, Slaves, Rako Hardeen and Ventress/Maul. It also had a wonderful episode structure with 2 standalones, 1 duology, 2 trilogies and three 4-part arcs. Kept it fresh.

Season 3 may have the Mandalore duology and "Pursuit of Peace", but it also has a poignant Kamino duology and a diverse "Ziro trilogy" (Assassin, Evil Plans and Hunt for Ziro) and that second half (Nightsisters, Mortis, Citadel, Trandoshans, oh my!). This season works really well when watching the show in timeline order, as the prequel episodes in the first half feel much more appropriate.

Season 2 showed me the true potential of this show upon first viewing back in 2009. Almost every storyline is top-notch - the Holocron trilogy, the massive scale of the Geonosis arc, making Grievous awesome in the Saleucami duology, bringing in the Mandos in their trilogy, a Godzilla-inspired Zillo duology and Boba Fett teaming up with Aurra Sing! Like Season 4, there are no episodes I really dislike. The only reason this season isn't higher than Season 3 is because that season is much more cinematic in it's storytelling.

Season 5. It has the Onderon arc (which I loved), a cool (get it, Ilum?) look at a Jedi ritual and a subsequent adventure with Ahsoka and her students. The Shadow Conspiracy storyline is fast-paced, frantic fun. The finale arc looks to be shaping up to be an interesting story too. Why is this season so low then? Gascon and WAC - the main protagonists of the worst arc this show has produced. I like a bit of light-hearted humour in my Star Wars, but the humour here was either plain not funny, or aimed at a 3/4-year old demographic, an age group who shouldn't even be watching this show.

Season 1. I don't have any nostalgia for this season. It's inconsistent, gave me 4 episodes of Jar Jar (who is only slightly less annoying than WAC and Gascon here), had Battle Droid humour clearly aimed at the aforementioned 3-year old demographic. The show hadn't found it's feet yet. There's still enjoyable stuff here - the Malevolence trilogy, the R3-S6 duology, the Gunray trilogy, the Pirates duology (well, the first episode), the Maridun duology and the Ryloth trilogy all provide enjoyable rides. They just never reach the level of quality we were treated to in later seasons.

Hopefully Season 6 can climb over Season 4 to become the best season we have on this show!

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No poll?

1>4>2>3

Still figuring 5, should definitely place ahead of 2 and 3, but probably not 4 unless the finale completely blows me away.

8. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Season 4>2>5>3>1

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    i'll say S4 as my favourite

10. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Actually changing it up slightly. S2 > S1 cause of landing at point rain and the mandalore stuff.

Season 4 > Season 3 > Season 2 >> Season 1 >> Season 5

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Season Four will always be my favorite. There wasn't a single episode I disliked (I still don't get the beef with Shadow Warrior and Water War, tbh), the content was dark and mature, and there was great variety in the episodes. Season Five got off to a good start with Revival, but Onderon and the D-Squad arc were terrible IMO. They also exemplified one of the biggest problems I have with 4-part arcs: if you don't like a storyline you're stuck with it for four episodes straight. Very annoying and it those two arcs really pulled down what I would otherwise consider to be a stellar season.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My favorite season is season 2. Awesome action. Some of Cad Banes finest moments. TCW tries out some cool concepts that work like Zillobeast and knock it out of the park with the clone exploration done in "The Deserter". It introduced the Mandalore arc. Season 2 is just alot of fun and way nostalgic.

My next favorite is season 4. 4 really amps stuff up and moves TCW into dark, complex, and more mature territory. Umbara, Slaves, Rako Hardeen, Ventress all break the mold for TCW.

2, 4, 3, 1

I won't rank season 5 until its over.

13. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    At the moment, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think I will more or less reiterate what people have been saying.

4. Great variety. Mature story arcs. Some really exciting character developments for most of the principle players. And it also has Umbara, which is still my favorite storyline for the series.

2. Consistent storytelling quality throughout. While there are some episodes here that are forgetful, I can't say that any of them are truly bad. Also, again some great variety in the story types. Geonosis and Mandalore are highlights.

3. Inconsistent and frustrating first half and features one of my all time least favorite episodes ("Evil Plans). However, the second half is pretty consistently strong. It's my only season not to have an episode with a score of an "A", but its still strong at points.

1. Despite some great episodes such as "Rookies", "Trespass", and"Cloak of Darkness", season one really is a mess. The tone is all over the place. There are just as many truly bad episodes as good ones, abut most of all its just sort of forgettable.

I'm not sure where to put five. Right now its looking to be placed above or below three depending on how this finale plays out.

14. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 2
    Season 3
    Season 1

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    S4 > S3 > S2 > S1

Can't say where S5 fits in before it's done. Honestly, it may turn out to be my least favorite season of all. It's definitely the first season to not be better than the last, no matter how great the last three episodes are it's too late to fix that.

Mr. Atom Bomb and 07jonesj like this.
  16. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    S3, S4, S2, S5, S1. Season 3 hold a special place in my heart, it when I first started watching. It was Sphere of Influence more specifically

whostheBossk and CaptainRex115 like this.
  17. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Ah, nice. My first episode that got me into the series was Carnage of Krell... I had seen some of the season 1 episodes in 2008 but by time I saw Krell in 2012 I had forgotten about the season 1 episodes I had seen.

18. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I started watching Clone Wars somewhere in-between Legacy of Terror and The Deserter. Season 2 was also the first season I watched and the one that got me into the show.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Season 2 is my favourite, and it'll be tough for any other season to crack that in the future.

To explain, I'll highlight the episodes which I think are good from this season:
    Holocron Heist
    Cargo of Doom
    Children of the Force
    Senate Spy
    Landing at Point Rain
    Weapons Factory
    Legacy of Terror
    Brain Invaders
    Grievous Intrigue
    The Deserter
    Lightsaber Lost
    The Mandalore Plot
    Voyage of Temptation
    Duchess of Mandalore
    Senate Murders
    Cat and Mouse
    Bounty Hunters
    The Zillo Beast
    The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    Death Trap
    R2 Come Home
    Lethal Trackdown

Compared to other seasons, where I only like 1 in 2 episodes etc., this is a very high percentage of enjoyment.

And yes, I am a R2 Come Home fan :p )

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Season 2 was indeed the best season! It had some pretty interesting episodes (the Zillo Beast).
    The epic finale concerning Boba Fett was really great. The villains were portrayed as real villains.
    Grievous captures a Jedi, Vizla manages to duel a Jedi for some time!
    The Geonosis arc was also very good. At least, that is what it is to be at war!

My ranking: Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 5

I never really liked Maul returning, so that is why I think season 5 was not that good.
    Season 4 and season 3 have soem very good episodes, but also some pretty bas episodes (Shadow Warrior, Evil Plans).
    Season 1 was nice because it was all new and fresh.

21. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 4 - 11 votes
    Season 2 - 4 votes
    Season 3 - 1 vote
    Season 1 - 1 vote
    Season 5 - 0 votes

22. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    3=4>2>1

If only because 3 has my favorite individual moments from the series, whereas 4 has some of my favorite arcs. Right now with the way this finale is shaping up (no spoilers, haven't watched the second episode yet) I think season 5 might tie with season 2 by the end of it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    4>1>2>3

I don't downright hate any of them. Unless this last arc blows me away, it will probably be my least favorite. While I loved the Maul arc, it is not enough for my to rank it higher than S3.

S4 was consistently ok-good, with the exception of the first few episodes. Season 1, I enjoyed. I think the only episodes I downright disliked from S1 were the Blue Shadow Virus arc. I loved the second half of S3 as well as the opening, but hated the rest of the early episodes that season. And Season 2 was ok across the board but there were more episodes I disliked in S2 than in S1.

If this last arc is amazing, I'll probably put S5 between 2 and 3, but thus far there's only been one arc I REALLY liked (YJ was OK). But I also downright HATED the droids episodes and Onderon was boring to me. As it stands, this season has been my least favorite as a whole thus far.

24. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'd say 2 is my favorite as it's got a great mix of episodes (ranging from the Holocron trilogy and the Geonosis arc to the Zillo Beast spectacle and the return of Boba Fett). A vast majority of the episode are really good, enjoyable and definitely rewatchable.

I'll rank the seasons as well (I'm not including 5 until it has finished airing):

2, 4, 3, 1

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm still convinced WAC was developed to intentionally annoy LACWAC