main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    From The Clone Wars movie novelization:

Ventress didn't like heroism. She didn't disrespect heroes; she just knew that sacrifice was seldom rewarded, and always exploited. Narec's heroic efforts for the people of Rattatak hadn't meant a thing to Mace Windu. It was the Jedi Master who had abandoned Narec—her mentor, her only friend—to die.

I wish you hadn't told me that, Dooku. But we all need a focus.

Narec had been expendable, just like those clones behind that door. There was no point thinking too hard about their plight, though. It would weaken her resolve. There was only one outcome if you tried to help a mistreated akk dog; it would still rip out your well-meaning, sympathetic throat, because its master had made it dangerous and it knew no other response.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    Asajj Ventress And Ahsoka Tano Bounty Hunters!!!!! I think those would actually make some good episodes.

InterestingLurker and Spazmatron like this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Mia Mesharad: I don't have that novelization - I thought the original (hah!) backstory was that Ky Narec had been "lost" in space and thus to the Order. Has TCW retconned that to a deliberate abandonment?

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

Since JJ Abrams is apart of SW, when does he declare TCW an AU?

5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    For one, you should absolutely check the novelization out. It does an excellent job of making the generally young-skewing movie into a more adult affair, and just about every character from Rex and Ahsoka to Obi-Wan come out stronger than they did in the movie itself.

And in regard to Ky Narec, there's not really a retcon in place. Narec was lost, crash landing on Rattatak. And Mace did technically abandon him. But it's not the callous act Ventress perceives it to be. Narec was believed dead, having ended up who knows where as far as the Jedi Council was aware, with no way to contact them on the incredibly backwater Rattatak. Under the impression that he was truly gone, Mace did as the Jedi do and accepted his passing. If I recall, he was as surprised and sad to hear of what happened to him as anyone.

rumblewagon likes this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That face and statements like this send chills up and down my spine.

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Thanks Mia - just as I thought - no change in the back story - thanks for the rec on the novelization.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Finished the Holocron/Baby arc from Season 2. Very good arc. Any particular reason that the base ended up being on Mustafar? I'm not that bothered by it but can see why people would be.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So casuals could go "lol I know that planet!"

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    You know I actually really dig the idea of Ashoka and Ventress having a partnership until the end of the series. I would especially love some entanglements with Dooku. I want more Dooku dangit!

Bliss000 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm getting this really nice vision of Ventress letting Ahsoka know who is boss.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Keep going.....don't stop.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "We can't do that! Dooku will discover us immediately and disintegrate us! Master Skywalker taught me everything he learned in the 187 times that he fought Count Dooku! Why are you walking away? Doesn't anyone care what the Padawan thinks?"

Ventress turns and ignites both lightsabers.

"Shut up you filthy obnoxious little *****!!"

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Zillo Beast episodes were amazing. Got some good Godzilla vibes from them. On to Senate Spy!

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Looking forward to seeing what you think of the distant relative of one of Luke's bulls-eyed womp rats Clovis.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm very interested in seeing what Clovis is like

18. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I just discovered it and found it kind of amusing.

For whatever reason, I was watching the "Bounty Hunters" commentary. It's the one where Dave reveals that he voices Embo and we learn that the character was originally supposed to die, etc. Anyway, his last line is pretty good in hindsight. "Maybe Embo likes wolves, too, we'll have to see."

Fast forward a few years to "Bounty" and what does Embo have? Like I said, it tickled me a bit.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn't like "Senate Spy" much. I'm still amused by how in the GFFA people still suck at passwords.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I couldn't stand Clovis, but I also couldn't stand the politics. I understand that politicians kiss ass and make **** up in order to achieve their goal but it still grated on my nerves to watch Padme pretending to like Clovis again just so she could get into his inner circle.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, the best part was the end where Anakin left him for dead, and gee... Round two is gonna be fun. You want something done you gotta do it yourself Anakin.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    no word on the Clovis Arc?

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The latest SW Insider - in their article about 100 episodes of TCW - mention that the Clovis Arc has been pushed later in the broadcast order so I assume that is hinting Season 6.

earlchinna likes this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Spaceballs was dead on. Scathing commentary on the GFFA.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dude didn't even use a number, he might not even have used a capital letter, and Padme is only 5 letters. If you tried to setup an email address with that password Gmail wouldn't take that. Google has higher security standards than the Separatists. Hmmm... maybe WAC was right about their tech. =b